PP weekly allowence!

Pretty much.
I tend to use mine for the odd treat or extra helping if I'm especially hungry. This week I'm using the all (probably!) going out tonight fo a curry with a friend.
It is 49 for everyone and what you haven't used by the end of the week you loose them.
One good tip I picked up is if you are going to use the weeklies to treat yourself do it straight after your weigh in. Do it just before and it can show up on the scales!
Good luck!!

Brilliant, thanks girls :)

Am confused about weekly pro points

My mum gave me her new pro points books and i am a bit confused i know my daily points allowance but not sure what the extra 49 weekly points allowance is about can someone please help

Morning,
Your weeklies of 49 pp can be used or not, up to you. They for treats, wine, meals out etc...so you can use some, none or all..up to you.
Good luck with ww x

I was just about to post a thread on this as I am also abit confused..so, i'm also allowed 49 per week so does that mean if I go afew over one day then you take it from the 49? So are they 49 extra points to use over the course of the week?
So tonight - i'm going to a party so if I use my 40 daily allowence and then I can use some of my 49 for drinks etc?
I think i've confused myself there lol...xx

Hey Holsh, yes you have it!

You can use them every day as extra points if needed (so 7 points x 7 days = 49 points) or you can use them for special nights or use half of them for special nights, extra points needed. It's really up to you.

I use them sometimes and sometimes I don't and I've lost both ways. I think a lot of people like me who are on the minimum daily points (29) tend to use them a bit more.

But you need to suss out what works for you.

Enjoy your party!

do you eat you weekly allowance?

Is it something you have to eat or there for ocasional use.
Do you lose when you eat all your weekly points?

I use it for a take away once a week (not all of them I use my dailys to cover some of it too) and then for the odd glass of wine or some vodka for the weekends. I haven't used all of them so far this week (i've been very good). Used all of them (plus a few more) my first week and still lost 2lbs. So I have to wait for WI tomorrow to see how I've done this week.

Yes yes yes :) usually on a meal out and a takeaway with a couple of days of WI. couldn't survive without them I don't think.

I lose when I eat them, I don't lose when I eat them, I STS when I eat them, I STS when I don't. Everyone is different, our bodies all work in weird ways... it's just finding your niche with the weeklies, and it takes a little practice :) xx

I'd definitely use them for a couple of weeks and see how u go. If u can use them all and lose well, that's great. I'm an unlucky one who can only have 20ish in order to lose... but then I don't exercise!

It'll be interesting to see how I fare with this - I was a vintage pointer through and through but being two stone up on my last summer weight, I decided to bite the bullet and come back and give PP a shot!

xxx

Hi all the way I was explained about the weeklies when this came up in my meeting is that on the points plan you were able to save 4 per day and store them up for the weekend or a blow out. Well now on Propoints WW have automatcally stored those points up for you (7 per day) and put them in a bank for you to use when you need them (49 weeklies) It would be like on the old system if you were on 18 points a day - WW saying you have a points allowance of 14 per day and a weekly allowance of 28 points (4 per day).

So really we have 7 extra propoints a day which still create that calorie defecit because this is the amount of points which your body needs to lose up to 2lb per week. So those of you on 29 Propoints, your daily propoints allowance is actually 36 propoints but these 7 have been saved in a weekly bank for you.

Hope that makes sense xxx

Very well explained Davey. It's very true that your weeklies are as important as your dailies.

I do think with the new system you have a lot more responsibility to what you eat. If you eat garbage all week even within your points, its not always a definite loss on the scales. And exercise is a lot more important on the new plan too. (I dont ever lose without exercise)

I used them the 1st week simply cos I went to Giraffe for lunch and even sharing the dessert I needed them lol Thank goodness they were there!
I didn't need them this week until I stayed with a friends daughter, while they were out and she made dinner! Dauphinoise potatoes and cauliflower cheese! This girl is gawjus and very petite and sometimes has trouble at school with people saying she's anorexic (she's not she can eat me under the table!) so I wasn't about to say I'd rather not have that! So I sucked it up and used my weeklies lol.
Oh the things I do for England lol.
I'm just playing them by ear if I don't need them fine, if I need them I know they're there!

I'm only week one into it but last week I used all my 29 daily points and 40 out of my 49 weekly points. I lose a pound. I'm guessing if you don't use your weeklies you will lose more weight (another girl who started last week same as me didn't use any of her weeklies and lost 4.5lbs) but I really need my weeklies if I want a drink at the weekend.

So the way I see it, I'm still having a life, not depriving myself and still losing a lb a week (thus far). I have 24lbs to lose (well, 23 now!!) so I reckon it's just going to take a wee bit longer than the 3 months I hoped it would.

A dripping tap soon fills a pail............

I had my latest weigh in this morning and someone asked about the weeklies, as we were talking about who loses weight fastest or slowest, children, men, ladies or older people.
Debbie the group leader said that the basic pp menu was designed to allow every one a healthy weight loss of approx 2lbs per week. Every one had different points, a teenager for example or a man would have a lot more than a woman like myself or an older person. The points are given accordingly, without taking in to account the weeklies.
If you use your weeklies, the plan is still going to allow you to lose weight but maybe at a slower rate. People will lose weight at different rates but it should come out over all at about the 2lb per week mark.
She then when onto say that it's not just keeping within our points allowance but the choices we make within that allowance! For instance if I eat 8 pkts of crisps a day (32pp) for a few days even though I've kept within my allowance, because it wasn't a healthy choice I could find I've put on! But if I made healthier choices even using some of my weeklies I could lose a lot more!
So it's not just about how much you eat but what you eat.
Hope this helps, sorry for waffling

I started pp in January and each week ive eat my weekly allowence and i have lost 2lb each week until i stopped in april but i started again begining of june and lost 2lbs the first week. I also exercise 5 times a week and i use some of my ap but as every one has said, everyone is different so its best to try yourself and see how you get on

great explanation katesands8.

I must say after Reading these posts I'm a little nervous of using the weeklies now tbh.
I only want to lose between 9lbs- 1 stone.

Back