PP weekly allowence!

i often go over my weekly points by accident towards the end of the week, and manage to either maintain or lose half a pound, but i don't have as much to lose as you say you have. hmmm confusing! maybe this week try using half or three quarters of your weekly ones and see if that makes any difference to your loss. otherwise, ask your consultant at group and the may be able to shed some light on some other areas of the plan where you could be going wrong :) hope this helps!

Hi!

I find that if I use all my weekly allowance then I stay the same. If I use half of them then i have a 1-2lb loss and if i don't used any of them then i have a 2-3lb loss.

I use them as my safety blanket. If i want to go out/ eat at a restaurant etc then I know i have them there, and won't put on weight, I just won't have as good a loss.

I used to do Slimming world and use all my syns. If i went over then I knew i would put on weight.

Thats the difference with WW I can be bad but know i won't PUT on weight!

Hope this helps

x

i use about 30 of mine a week now,but my leader told me today that she uses none of hers,,she'd rather the extra weightloss by not using them..i might cut down on them this week as i REALLY don't need that bottle of wine:)

I'm due to eat my last weekly point tonight (they start again on Friday). This is the first time i have used every one and I believe I am in line for another loss (if TOM doesn't get in the way). In previous weeks I haven't eaten them all though I've had a good try :)

Last edited:
I've stayed the same for a bit now and have tried using them all and using none! My leader told me to use half last week and I lost 1lb. Think it is natural for weight loss to slow down, after all if we kept with the biggest losses there would soon be nothing left of us!!!! x

I must admit I find if I use them my weight loss is much slower, I see them as more of a tool for long term weight loss. My mum lost 3 stone on the WW discovery plan but she kinda let it all creep back on, when I was explaining the new system she thought it was a really good idea to have a 'buffer' so that life can carry on as normal as such

Have you tried to vary the points during the course of the week? Like for example trying to have a sort of wendi plan? In the USA they've modified the wendi plan for the new diet:

Pick any day for your Day 1. Just try to have at least 48 hours between day 3 and weight-in. Then eat your points as follows:

Day 1: target +5 to 7 points
Day 2: Target + 1 point
Day 3: Target +15 to 20 points
Day 4: Target points only
Day 5: Target +4 to 5 points
Day 6: Target +2 points
Day 7: Target points only.

Target means your Daily Points.
If you follow this exactly, you'll use 27 -35 of your 49 weekly points. So if you go a little off any one given day, you'll still remain within all your points for the week.

If I go out, I tend to use them all in one go, I like creamy sauces and bread! However if I have no nights out planned I tend to just let my meals run over into my weekly points if that makes any sense at all!!

My weigh in is this morning and nights out are normally either tonight or tomorrow - so well over 48 hours between using them all and the next weigh in.

I will try that theory this week! Thanks for all your feedback.

If I use all my daily and weekly points I still lose. I found that the only time I gained (apart from the times when I went over) was when I used my activity points. I find that as a long term eating plan the weekly points are essential to help me feel like im on a healthy eating plan and not a diet. If you deny yourself you soon get fed up and that can lead to overeating. I love my nights out (which I couldn't really have when I was on SW ) and know that even though ive had a drink i will still lose. Im on WW for good now so I dont put the weight back on this time.

If I use all my daily and weekly points I still lose. I found that the only time I gained (apart from the times when I went over) was when I used my activity points. I find that as a long term eating plan the weekly points are essential to help me feel like im on a healthy eating plan and not a diet. If you deny yourself you soon get fed up and that can lead to overeating. I love my nights out (which I couldn't really have when I was on SW ) and know that even though ive had a drink i will still lose. Im on WW for good now so I dont put the weight back on this time.

Could have wrote that myself!! This is why I chose to join WW over SW as I always end up binging after weigh in!! I havent done that once on WW.

I do feel that if I dont use my weekly points then I may end up doing the same, but I also want to get the weight off, and sooner rather than later. I know slow and steady wins the race but I'm also fed up with the way I look and am at the crisis stage where I want it all gone, but the right way!

Will give the weekly points another go and see how we get on :p

kagome75 said:
Have you tried to vary the points during the course of the week? Like for example trying to have a sort of wendi plan? In the USA they've modified the wendi plan for the new diet:

Pick any day for your Day 1. Just try to have at least 48 hours between day 3 and weight-in. Then eat your points as follows:

Day 1: target +5 to 7 points
Day 2: Target + 1 point
Day 3: Target +15 to 20 points
Day 4: Target points only
Day 5: Target +4 to 5 points
Day 6: Target +2 points
Day 7: Target points only.

Target means your Daily Points.
If you follow this exactly, you'll use 27 -35 of your 49 weekly points. So if you go a little off any one given day, you'll still remain within all your points for the week.

Wow what a helpful post this concept really interests me so I am going to mix it up! I also think that having the 'overspend' day three days before weigh in will really help as i have been disappointed with my loss at times on a Tuesday I have always been worried about using my weekly allowance but I will try hard :)

Hi,
I am new to the forum so am posting for the first time.
I have been doing to weight watchers pp since January with mixed sucsess on different weeks. I was just wondering if it seems to be working better if you spend all of your weekly allowence? Also do you think its better if you use it all at once or a little bit everyday?
Thanks
Julia

The one time I dipped into my weeklies, I only lost 0.5lbs! The rest of the time I've been very happy with my losses (and the diet for that matter) using only my dailies. I did slip up a bit yesterday and ended up having about 35 points for the day so have slightly dipped into weeklies this week - hoping its not enough to affect my loss on tuesday!

well I will find out this week if using weeklies make any difference first time I have dipped into them (used 24 so far this wk so we shall c on thurs

This is my first week using weeklies (used 24 so far) so will get back to on Thurs night after wi :D hopefully it will be ok

hi michelle, I am wondering about the weeklies too, how did you get on at weigh in?

Back