PPI claims

kingleds

Gold Member
Has anyone been successful in getting anything back from either the AA or HSBC for them misselling payment protection insurance? I have only just realised that i would not have been able to claim if i was off sick with my back because they didn't cover it - bit of an issue if you have a bad back. Just wondered if its worth trying or not?

No experience here I'm afraid, although successfully claimed my bank-charges back 4 or 5 years ago.

Does it cost you to claim? If not then I'd say go for it. Nothing to lose and if u don't try you'll never know x

Sent from Laura's iPhone using MiniMins

Why don't they cover a bad back? My OH got PPI to cover our loan because he broke his hip as a teenager & we wanted to be covered just in case something happened which would make it difficult for him to work. The man at the bank said it would be covered but if a bad back isn't, would his hip be covered?

JustmeGemmy said:
Why don't they cover a bad back? My OH got PPI to cover our loan because he broke his hip as a teenager & we wanted to be covered just in case something happened which would make it difficult for him to work. The man at the bank said it would be covered but if a bad back isn't, would his hip be covered?

Bad backs, depression & stress are not covered under PPI because they are considered to be the 3 top things which people fake to get out of work. They especially don't cover if you have a pre existing back injury - which i have - and whem i took out the load and PPI had already had 1 op on it.

I think its worth you checking it out as they did tend to exclude pre existing conditions. This is what they have all got into trouble for - the banks were basically either lying outright, or by ommission about exclusions in PPI insurance which make it next to worthless & near impossible to claim successfully.

Bad backs, depression & stress are not covered under PPI because they are considered to be the 3 top things which people fake to get out of work. They especially don't cover if you have a pre existing back injury - which i have - and whem i took out the load and PPI had already had 1 op on it.

I think its worth you checking it out as they did tend to exclude pre existing conditions. This is what they have all got into trouble for - the banks were basically either lying outright, or by ommission about exclusions in PPI insurance which make it next to worthless & near impossible to claim successfully.

I will get my OH to check through his paperwork to see if he'd be covered. It was really the only reason we took it out so I'd be pretty annoyed if he wasn't covered!

I can't believe they don't cover those 3 conditions. I think that's ridiculous! As someone who's suffered from depression & have it ruin job prospects, I hate it when people abuse the system and ruin it for those who are in need. :mad:

kingleds said:
Has anyone been successful in getting anything back from either the AA or HSBC for them misselling payment protection insurance? I have only just realised that i would not have been able to claim if i was off sick with my back because they didn't cover it - bit of an issue if you have a bad back. Just wondered if its worth trying or not?

Yes you can definitely claim. They have a duty of care to ensure that they presented you with the facts when they sold you the policy to ensure you could make an informed decision.

In many cases there is a lot more consumers don't know about the terms of the PPI cover and more often than not they were not disclosed either.

Back