Pre-cooking sw chips

donna88

Gold Member
I love having slimming world chips for lunch sometimes, with soup or whatever, I haven't had them for a while as I have started a new job and finish work at 1.25 so like nice quick lunches. I have some savoury mince left over from tonights tea though which I think would be lovely one day for lunch with chips, had anyone ever tried cooking chips and then re-heating them in the oven, does it work or will they go soggy or dry or just wrong?

Sorry I dont know either. Not much help are we ha ha :(

Think I'll just give it a go one day, I'll take one on the chin for us all and update here whether it worked, if they don't taste great I'll just make sure they're smothered in the savoury mince and never do it again

Sorry to say but they do go soggy :( my bf won't eat them now as he reheated the first batch I made and said they were soggy and yuk

Oh no :( I'll just have to have them on days when I'll be eating tea later so a late lunch doesn't matter as much.

Thanks for letting me know

If I haven't got much time I chop up into chips and microwave for 5min, spray with fry light and pop under the grill for 5/10 mins and they taste alright :)

Dan x

I make big batches of chips to bag up and freeze. You have to par boil them, lay them on a flat surface in the freezer, leave them for about 10 /15 minutes then bag them up. If you throw them in a bag without doing this they stick together and are unworkable. Then just cook as normal but just add 5 minutes.

Back