Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Oh gosh Suzie I'm sorry to hear about the insensitive HV. To be honest I think you should continue as you are. You're not feeding her junk, you're not even giving her processed shop jars, so how can that be bad. Once she starts moving she will lose the chubbyness. She is a baby after all, not sure what these HV expect. Can totally understand why you were upset though. X

Hey Suzie. Just to back what everyone else is saying really. Carry on with feeding your daughter the good nutritious food that you are giving her. She will lean out once she starts moving. Both mine were small babies, then were a little chunky just before they started to move about, both are back to very lean now. Please don't be upset, sounds like you are doing a great job of making sure she gets the best of everything xx

Oh Suzie, I can't believe how insensitive some people are. You're clearly doing the right thing by your little girl by giving her healthy and nutritious food. Like everyone else has said, if you were feeding her junk food it'd be different but you're giving her good foods. My nephew was 9,1 when he was born and before he started crawling he was a proper roly poly, bless him. But as soon as he was up and about it all came off and he's just 'normal' now. Big hugs xx

OMG just caught up - suzie that lady is wrong!! Abigail is a baby! I'm sure you are not over feeding her cos surely she would just stop taking it.

Baby led feeding looks fun( but messy) to me and I can't wait to try it! - make sure y have your camera ready!!

As long are u are feeding her the correct things she will be fine!

It's like when I first started slimming world I ate and ate and ate but because it was the correct foods I lost weight!

Just out of curiosity how much had she gained for there to be a concern?
Stevie weighs 16lbs at 13 weeks which I think is huge especially when I hear of 13lb babies who are 4-5 weeks older than him. But everyone is different! :) x

OMG just caught up - suzie that lady is wrong!! Abigail is a baby! I'm sure you are not over feeding her cos surely she would just stop taking it.

Baby led feeding looks fun( but messy) to me and I can't wait to try it! - make sure y have your camera ready!!

As long are u are feeding her the correct things she will be fine!

It's like when I first started slimming world I ate and ate and ate but because it was the correct foods I lost weight!

Just out of curiosity how much had she gained for there to be a concern?
Stevie weighs 16lbs at 13 weeks which I think is huge especially when I hear of 13lb babies who are 4-5 weeks older than him. But everyone is different! :) x

If she was still following the curve/line, she should have been around 8.7kg and she was 9.06kg so a good bit over. I think it's not the weight as such that's the issue it's the fact she has suddenly started increasing compared to the line. Thing is, I'm now worried about what she will be in 2 weeks time! What if she is even more over the line?! I text my friend about it earlier-her daughter is 18months, wanted to see if she had any tips/ideas.....her daughter weighs the same as Abigail! :( but she is on the 25th centile and has been told to ensure she eats properly! You can't win it seems!
I'm feeling a bit calmer about it all now though. Have been googling baby led weaning and got some recipe ideas so will see how it goes.
Thanks to you all for being so lovely!
How are you getting on cai? Hope your nights are better xxx

If she was still following the curve/line, she should have been around 8.7kg and she was 9.06kg so a good bit over. I think it's not the weight as such that's the issue it's the fact she has suddenly started increasing compared to the line. Thing is, I'm now worried about what she will be in 2 weeks time! What if she is even more over the line?! I text my friend about it earlier-her daughter is 18months, wanted to see if she had any tips/ideas.....her daughter weighs the same as Abigail! :( but she is on the 25th centile and has been told to ensure she eats properly! You can't win it seems! I'm feeling a bit calmer about it all now though. Have been googling baby led weaning and got some recipe ideas so will see how it goes. Thanks to you all for being so lovely! How are you getting on cai? Hope your nights are better xxx

My nights r mixed - some ok with only 1 proper night feed and some I'm being woken up every half hour! :-(

Trying some formula the doctor ha prescribes for milk protein allergies so fingers crossed it helps and he seems to be screaming every day with tummy ache and difficulty eating! Xx

Hope your ok Susie, sounds like you're doing good with her!
Maybe she's just having a growth spurt, sounds like hv wasn't very helpful! :-( xx

Oh Susie x

You are doing a fabulous job so please don't doubt that. Everyone has pretty much said what I want to say, please try not to worry. You are doing brilliantly with her - what an insensitive HV though?!!?! I don't blame you for feeling upset I know I would be too!!

Big big hugs I hope you're ok xxx

Thanks again to you all!
No dannii she wasn't helpful...think I might go to a different clinic next time, see if I can see someone else. I think one of the things I'm upset about is that I was really enjoying cooking for her and trying her on new things and now I feel I've got to be conscious what I give her and it's spoilt it for me a bit. Ho hum.

Anyhow, speaking of cooking, how are all these bumps coming along?! Who is due next? I can't keep track :) xx

Have copied and pasted the list Susie :) Currently got 2 overdue mummies xx

JoeyJoJo (Judith/Jo) - 13 January 2014 (Boy)
Rachael78 (Rachael)-15th January 2014
(no idea)
Pjallen1982 (Penny) - 20th January
(team secret!)
Amyk (Amy) 04th February - Boy

NellyLou (Nat) - 14 February 2014 (Girl)
PrincessPeach (Jess) - 16th February 2014
(Girl)
Dubchick81 (Frances) - 20th February 2014 (they say girl.. I say boy.. So i'm sticking neutral)
Kim26 (Kim) - 22 February 2014
(Team Yellow)
Danni86 (Danni) - 25th February2014 (Boy)

Shenzi - 6th April 2014 (Girl)
Sammielouise071 (Sammie) - 18 April 2014
(Team Yellow)
Jess<3 - 2nd June 2014 ​(Team Yellow until 20th Jan! :D)
emma237 -3rd June 2014
(Team Yellow for now)
lil miss chatterbox - 17th June 2014 (Team yellow for now)
mrs-s - 18th June 2014 (Team Yellow)
jools1986 - 14th July 2014 (Team Yellow)

Ladies I need opinions... The last 3/4 days I've had more frequent Braxton hicks, and then period pain to go with it. Tonight I've had it for the last half an hour and it's pretty painful. It's in my uterus, back, and seems to be travelling down to the tops of my legs. My bump is occasionally going tight with it which takes my breath away and it really hurts if baby moves! What do you think this is? Could it be baby engaging? Or just BHs? Is this normal for 35/36 weeks?! :/ Ouch :(

(I know I must sound so weak and pathetic! I'm not even in labour lol) xx

Ladies I need opinions... The last 3/4 days I've had more frequent Braxton hicks, and then period pain to go with it. Tonight I've had it for the last half an hour and it's pretty painful. It's in my uterus, back, and seems to be travelling down to the tops of my legs. My bump is occasionally going tight with it which takes my breath away and it really hurts if baby moves! What do you think this is? Could it be baby engaging? Or just BHs? Is this normal for 35/36 weeks?! :/ Ouch :(

(I know I must sound so weak and pathetic! I'm not even in labour lol) xx

Hi Jess, I don't have previous experience as this is also my first baby but for the last few nights I've been getting period pain in my tummy and back and it's been quite painful, last night it made me feel sick and I had an upset tummy after my tummy kept tightening...

From what I've read it seems perfectly normal at our stage, it's scary tho isn't it! x

Hi Jess, I don't have previous experience as this is also my first baby but for the last few nights I've been getting period pain in my tummy and back and it's been quite painful, last night it made me feel sick and I had an upset tummy after my tummy kept tightening... From what I've read it seems perfectly normal at our stage, it's scary tho isn't it! x

Oh really? It's not nice is it! And scary too :( (I'm sat here alone as hubby is working!)

Sorry to hear you are feeling it too. It's pretty painful I have to say, it's making me half-shout out in pain when it's at its most intense... :( xx

How's your wee? Could you have an wee infection? Can sometimes make your womb a bit irritable. How far apart are they....? X

Had wee tested yesterday at MW appt and all was fine so don't think it's an infection. I'm not sure...I have a constant pain in my back and tummy, which hurts but is easy to deal with, but then every now and again I get these intense pains in the same places that makes me shout out in pain! Baby is moving lots which is also pretty painful as everything feels tender! Xx

How's your wee? Could you have an wee infection? Can sometimes make your womb a bit irritable. How far apart are they....? X

The intense pains that come and go seem quite irregular. Either really close together or far apart xx

Hope you managed an ok night! Sounds like it's just one of those things....if baby is pressing on a nerve then that can make things worse. If you think its getting worse though, you can always ring hosp and get them to see you.

What I would say to you all actually is, sometimes if you want to be seen, but they don't think you need to be, lay it on a little thick, such as your period type pains sometimes make you gasp becomes 'they feel like contractions, they are really painful and make me gasp/shout out everytime'....not exactly a lie but maybe enough for them to see you! It's difficult to diagnose/suggest over the phone and in reality they want to save you a wasted trip but if you want to be seen sometimes you need to be a little creative!

Xxx

Hi Jess,
I spoke to my mum about the period type pains yesterday and she said that having a bath should help relieve the pain and relax the muscles - so maybe if you get them again you could see if getting in the bath helps? She also said if they were really painful a couple of paracetamol could be taken too and then trying to sleep often helps relax the muscles again.

I can't really help as i haven't really suffered with pains too much (yet!), but fingers crossed something will help....or maybe little lady is slowly getting herself ready and is feeling a little impatient and doesn't want to wait until 40 weeks to meet you. ;)

Hope you're pain free today xx

Jess I'm getting the very same.. From what I can gather its just our gestation and is pretty normal...
NellyLou I've been feel quite sick with it too and had another vomiting incident last night!! Wasn't as dramatic as the other night but was very unexpected again... Also quite nauseous today.. And had LOTZ of pressure pains in behind my pubic bone during the night too.. Can only imagine its baby making her way to where she needs to be to get ready for her big arrival :) Its really not nice.. Especially while sitting at your desk trying not to scare everyone into thinking you've gone into labour ha ha ha

Back