Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Ladies with anterior placenta or even know what this means??

Reading my scan notes and it says placenta is anterior , placental edge is greater than 2cm from the cervical os...

^^^ does anyone know what this means. It is saying placenta is very close to cervical opening? X

Ladies with anterior placenta or even know what this means?? Reading my scan notes and it says placenta is anterior , placental edge is greater than 2cm from the cervical os... ^^^ does anyone know what this means. It is saying placenta is very close to cervical opening? X

I think it probably means it's not close. But then I'm not an expert, obviously ;) I was told that if your placenta is too close to your cervix at your 20 week scan they will arrange a scan later on in pregnancy to check it's moved. So if they didn't do this I wouldn't worry. You could always ask your midwife though, but that's just my opinion x

Girls , is it normal to feel discomfort when bending over / down .. I get big period type ache every time I bend down even just to pick up toys or put my shoes on etc. I know that things like that are more difficult now that I have a big bump but just wondered whether the pain was normal .

Girls , is it normal to feel discomfort when bending over / down .. I get big period type ache every time I bend down even just to pick up toys or put my shoes on etc. I know that things like that are more difficult now that I have a big bump but just wondered whether the pain was normal .

Yes pain is normal to an extent.. At least I assume it is, coz I get it too... Make sure when bending though you bend at your knees rather than leaning forward as you'll put far too much pressure on your lower back doing it that way...
Its not very sexy looking but who gives a rats... You don't want to injure your back.. especially while pregnant!!!!! x

Jess hun.. Sorry am no good... As far as I'm away what Sarah has said is correct but I don't really know... xx

I think it probably means it's not close. But then I'm not an expert, obviously ;) I was told that if your placenta is too close to your cervix at your 20 week scan they will arrange a scan later on in pregnancy to check it's moved. So if they didn't do this I wouldn't worry. You could always ask your midwife though, but that's just my opinion x

Yeah true. Il ask her when I've my next appointment :)

Yes Sammie it's normal! My bump hurts when getting up sometimes too! X

Hi Jess, I'd agree that it's sounds as if its further from cervix, not 100% tho - mine says anterior not low...

Sammy, my bump hurts when I bend now and when I get up in the night it's sore. It sounds normal to me but always worth checking at next appointment.

Ah Frances, that's a good point! I can enjoy my massage laying on my tummy!!!! What a treat that will be :-D x

Question for ladies who have had babies - what does it feel like to just sit there staring at your child?! :)

I keep trying to imagine it and I just can't?! I can't imagine looking at mine and John's little baby. A baby that WE made. A gift of our marriage and love for each other... I just can't begin to imagine the feelings you must get looking into their eyes, and just at their little face! Having their little hands wrap around your finger and touching their little toes!! As hard as motherhood is and must be at times, it must be incredible to know you've created a little person and watch them grow every day. :)

Just thought I'd ask ;) hehe x I'm so close to my due date now I'm feeling so impatient! So happy for all you fabulous mummies on here, but a little jealous too if I'm honest ;) ha ha x I know my time will come soon though :) 19 days!! xxx

If it says > 2cm away from cervix it's fine, just means it's more than and you don't need another scan.

Going back to the earlier post about labour bags, I would pack a good few pairs pjs and pants etc-accounts for leakage! Also, just a suggestion ladies, but I suggest you pack another bag that you leave at home which has spares in, spares for you and baby. I ended up having to stay in for a week and hubby didn't know where all my spare stuff was. Just much easier! A friend found the same as well and she wishes she had packed a spare!

I had acupuncture and reflexology when I was 40 weeks. Didn't help me labour wise but it was so relaxing! I slept really really well the night after! Didn't even wake up for a wee!

Question for ladies who have had babies - what does it feel like to just sit there staring at your child?! :)

I keep trying to imagine it and I just can't?! I can't imagine looking at mine and John's little baby. A baby that WE made. A gift of our marriage and love for each other... I just can't begin to imagine the feelings you must get looking into their eyes, and just at their little face! Having their little hands wrap around your finger and touching their little toes!! As hard as motherhood is and must be at times, it must be incredible to know you've created a little person and watch them grow every day. :)

Just thought I'd ask ;) hehe x I'm so close to my due date now I'm feeling so impatient! So happy for all you fabulous mummies on here, but a little jealous too if I'm honest ;) ha ha x I know my time will come soon though :) 19 days!! xxx

Your post made me smile Jess! I can't really explain it.....you just sit and there think wow! It is a fabulous time, you all have so much to look forward to, I'm sooooo jealous! Xx

If it says > 2cm away from cervix it's fine, just means it's more than and you don't need another scan.

Going back to the earlier post about labour bags, I would pack a good few pairs pjs and pants etc-accounts for leakage! Also, just a suggestion ladies, but I suggest you pack another bag that you leave at home which has spares in, spares for you and baby. I ended up having to stay in for a week and hubby didn't know where all my spare stuff was. Just much easier! A friend found the same as well and she wishes she had packed a spare!

I had acupuncture and reflexology when I was 40 weeks. Didn't help me labour wise but it was so relaxing! I slept really really well the night after! Didn't even wake up for a wee!

I have a labour bag. A hospital bag. And a spare bag with exactly the same as hospital bag which we've been calling my "just in case bag" ;-)
Will put in more pj's n underwear in my labour bag plus shower stuff. Thanks girls x

Jacob is just over 2 and a half... i STILL cannot believe me & Rob made him!!! Like WE did that. Its crazy :D

Ahhh right ok thanks for that Susie, Wasnt sure if it was something to worry about been so close to cervix or not. Thanks :) x

as of bags, yes i was only in 1 night and went though 3 nighties due to leaking boobs, Then about 2 pj bottoms as again leakage down there! Bring LOTS of underwear. As it takes time to find right place for your pads, and changing etc. Ewww. Its awful but all part of the package of the beautiful babies :D :D

Question for ladies who have had babies - what does it feel like to just sit there staring at your child?! :) I keep trying to imagine it and I just can't?! I can't imagine looking at mine and John's little baby. A baby that WE made. A gift of our marriage and love for each other... I just can't begin to imagine the feelings you must get looking into their eyes, and just at their little face! Having their little hands wrap around your finger and touching their little toes!! As hard as motherhood is and must be at times, it must be incredible to know you've created a little person and watch them grow every day. :) Just thought I'd ask ;) hehe x I'm so close to my due date now I'm feeling so impatient! So happy for all you fabulous mummies on here, but a little jealous too if I'm honest ;) ha ha x I know my time will come soon though :) 19 days!! xxx

It is the best feeling ever!! Stevie is 14 weeks an I constantly watch him and smile! I can't believe that we made him...and he is just so perfect :)
When he does new things like the giggling the other night my heart just melts!
Plus he really is a mummy's boy at the moment and loves sitting on my knee and he Rubs his face into my dressing gown leaving spit...and I feel like rubbing my face in the spit lol :-D

I can't wait for u all to experience it - it makes any dark day light!! Xxx

Question for ladies who have had babies - what does it feel like to just sit there staring at your child?! :) I keep trying to imagine it and I just can't?! I can't imagine looking at mine and John's little baby. A baby that WE made. A gift of our marriage and love for each other... I just can't begin to imagine the feelings you must get looking into their eyes, and just at their little face! Having their little hands wrap around your finger and touching their little toes!! As hard as motherhood is and must be at times, it must be incredible to know you've created a little person and watch them grow every day. :) Just thought I'd ask ;) hehe x I'm so close to my due date now I'm feeling so impatient! So happy for all you fabulous mummies on here, but a little jealous too if I'm honest ;) ha ha x I know my time will come soon though :) 19 days!! xxx

Aw Jess, it's amazing and so hard to explain. I look at Cole sometimes and cry because he's so perfect and I can't believe he's ours. That's probably still my hormones but I love every tiny thing about him. I look at him and can't believe that me and Tom made something so beautiful. I love watching his little face when he sees something new or when he's looking around the room at shadows or the tv. When I feed him I don't take my eyes off his face, I could watch him all day. I can't wait for the rest of you to experience it. It literally is the best thing you'll ever do xxx

Aww Jess you'll absolutely love meeting your little one. You think you love your husband wait till you look into your little girls eyes...its a completely different love!!! I love sitting watching my kids, love when my son stops and kisses my babies little face. She looks up at him now and smiles....melts my heart. Sarah I love feeding Ellen too just so I can sit and stare at her wee face. She stares back and studys every part of my face now.
Girls you'll absolutely love it. Its the most special thing you can do in your life xxx

not crying at all reading those replies.. swear i'm not!

If you cry at that wait until she pops out. I always thought all those women who cried as soon as their babies were born were surely putting it on but nope, it happens.
Currently laid in bed with a snoring Cole on my chest and he's moving his arm from side to side as if he's stroking my chest. It's the best feeling ever, I swear x

Awww, that's cute. Loving reading the replies! I love it when I feed Abbie laid down in bed and she nods off and sucks her thumb all cuddled up. She is also fab at giving cuddles now-when you go into her in the morning or after a nap she flaps her arms so excited to see us and then snuggles in for a cuddle. It really is the best job in the world xxx

Awww, that's cute. Loving reading the replies! I love it when I feed Abbie laid down in bed and she nods off and sucks her thumb all cuddled up. She is also fab at giving cuddles now-when you go into her in the morning or after a nap she flaps her arms so excited to see us and then snuggles in for a cuddle. It really is the best job in the world xxx

Aww I want my baby :) lovely reading all the relies though girls and can't wait for us all to be part of it x

I love that stage! Love how they be so happy to see you in the morning.

Aw those replies were so cute, me and my oh are so exited although I admit he is exited more :)

Back