Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Jess this is for you.... Copied from my Irish forum by one of the Feb gang :)

"Went for my first session of acupuncture this evening at 6 girls. Feel fantastic after it. Been having terrible trouble sleeping and just relaxing in general, plus the SPD has gotten quite bad so mainly went for that purpose, obviously hope it'll prep me for labour too. In bed here now after a warm bath and for the first time in months my hips and pelvis are not aching! Its divine, genuinely forgot what it felt like to just be normal! I've booked a repeat session for Thursday and canNOT wait for it. Best hour I've had in aaaaaages!"

Thanks for all the replies girls...made my morning :) I feel impatient now, but I know my baby will be worth the wait! Even if I had to wait another year, I know it would be so worth it. :) Luckily, I only have to wait 4 and a half weeks max ;) hehe x

Aw thanks for that Frances x I've read so many lovely things online re acupuncture. If it hasn't got labour going, at the very least it's done wonders for relaxation or sleep or whatever. :) I'm looking forward to it now! (Although I've said to John that we need to make sure everything is packed, house is spotless etc just in case lol) xx

Girls, I know it's rather tmi but I've just been to the loo and had browny red discharge when I wiped (a few times). It's a bit jelly like, almost like when on heavy period but obviously more brown than red. Could that be my show or just after effects of a sweep yesterday?

Ooh...sounds like it could be your show?? not 100% sure though as I suppose it could be from the sweep. Maybe call midwife and describe it to her to see what she thinks? Fingers crossed its your show and labour is imminent :) x

Sounds like your show to me with you saying it's jelly like. I bled after my sweep but was only a bit of brown spotting. Ooh hopefully it's a good sign that baby is coming very soon!!!x

Thanks for all the replies girls...made my morning :) I feel impatient now, but I know my baby will be worth the wait! Even if I had to wait another year, I know it would be so worth it. :) Luckily, I only have to wait 4 and a half weeks max ;) hehe x

Aw thanks for that Frances x I've read so many lovely things online re acupuncture. If it hasn't got labour going, at the very least it's done wonders for relaxation or sleep or whatever. :) I'm looking forward to it now! (Although I've said to John that we need to make sure everything is packed, house is spotless etc just in case lol) xx
Thought it'd be nice to hear something positive from a closer source... I know to you she's still just a randomer but you know what I mean :)
Girls, I know it's rather tmi but I've just been to the loo and had browny red discharge when I wiped (a few times). It's a bit jelly like, almost like when on heavy period but obviously more brown than red. Could that be my show or just after effects of a sweep yesterday?
Ooh Penny... sounds to me like your plug... :eek: Exciting... Hopefully you'll have some action soon :D :D

Sounds exactly like the bloody show I had with my son. Get some rest, my contractions started straight after that and I had my son the next night. Hopefully this is it and your off!! EEEEK

Jess... Another follow up from the acupuncture lady (last one I promise)
"I am in loooove with acupuncture! I woke once all night to pee, that was it. Went straight back asleep after it too, no tossing and turning like usual. Heart burn gone completely and normally I'd be chewing Rennies in the middle of the night! My head cold is almost gone too. DS slept late today as well so got a lie on. Feel just great. Can't wait for the session tomorrow now!!"

Thanks girls. I have no cramps or pains or anything. Still not sure if it is just aftermath of bleeding yesterday. It's like the end of a period, I think. Well whatever it is, let's hope things get moving soon. Xxx

Fingers crossed for you Penny x hope something happens for you soon xx

Jess... Another follow up from the acupuncture lady (last one I promise)
"I am in loooove with acupuncture! I woke once all night to pee, that was it. Went straight back asleep after it too, no tossing and turning like usual. Heart burn gone completely and normally I'd be chewing Rennies in the middle of the night! My head cold is almost gone too. DS slept late today as well so got a lie on. Feel just great. Can't wait for the session tomorrow now!!"

hehe :D thanks Frances :) Ooh I hope it does something ;) Off for some more reading.... xx

ooo fingers crossed but does sound like your 'bloody show' / plug :D x

It's continued and more jelly like so think it is. Yay things are moving. Little bit achey but not painful or contracting yet x

So excited for you!! Come on baby, your Mummy wants to meet you (and so do us Mini's girls!!) x

It's continued and more jelly like so think it is. Yay things are moving. Little bit achey but not painful or contracting yet x

Good luck hun! Keeping everything crossed for you xxx

Thanks ladies. Been bouncing on my ball. Had the occasional period pain but have had those for a couple of weeks on and off. Hopefully a bath later will help and bring on contractions.

Midwife coming round tomorrow (some time between 9am and 5pm) to do another sweep. Bit annoying not know when she is coming, even am or pm would help, so will see whether that helps.

Thanks ladies. Been bouncing on my ball. Had the occasional period pain but have had those for a couple of weeks on and off. Hopefully a bath later will help and bring on contractions. Midwife coming round tomorrow (some time between 9am and 5pm) to do another sweep. Bit annoying not know when she is coming, even am or pm would help, so will see whether that helps.

My midwife was the same after I had Cole. She'd give me a date but just turn up at any time.
Hopefully you'll go into labour tonight and not need the sweep :) x

Girls with babies, or babies in the family....

I think Cole has a cold. He's been really grizzly last night and today. He's slept loads more today than usual and is only taking 2.5 oz bottles instead of 4 but every 2 hours instead of 3 like usual. I'm making sure he has regular feeds and is warm etc. He doesn't seem bothered by it that much but his nose sounds a bit bunged up. Anything I can do? I know not to give him medication but any tips to make it easier/less horrible for him?

Girls with babies, or babies in the family.... I think Cole has a cold. He's been really grizzly last night and today. He's slept loads more today than usual and is only taking 2.5 oz bottles instead of 4 but every 2 hours instead of 3 like usual. I'm making sure he has regular feeds and is warm etc. He doesn't seem bothered by it that much but his nose sounds a bit bunged up. Anything I can do? I know not to give him medication but any tips to make it easier/less horrible for him?

Steam - so maybe a bath and when he is in the bath the shower running hot?
A large bowl of hot water in the room so that the air isn't dry!
I also opened a jar of vix and left it on the side so Stevie could smell it - no idea if it helped!! :) xx

What Cai has said, I used to get a flannel pour hot water on and put some vapour or Vicks in so goes into the air x

Back