Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

These mattress size things are so on comfortable against my swelling!! N it's so light now. Was just worried to change as the always nights (for instance) hav like that plasticky type finish on where as maternity are more a tough cotton wool.. So thought I might have to wait...

I was told not to use San towels because of the scenting and plastic type finish.

I hated the mat ones. Felt like I had a horse between my legs. So moved to always night time instead! So go with whatever you're comfy with! Well ladies have been down for my op and now back on the ward. Dying for a cuppa! Felt like I've had the best sleep for ages! Bit sore though. Worse than the actual episiotomy but just had some morphine......zzz zzz :) xxx

Oh poor you Hun. Hope the pain eases soon x

Completely forgot your op was today Susie. Hope you're doing ok lovely :) xxx

These mattress size things are so on comfortable against my swelling!! N it's so light now. Was just worried to change as the always nights (for instance) hav like that plasticky type finish on where as maternity are more a tough cotton wool.. So thought I might have to wait...
yeah just get more natural cotton ones, I changed before but went back to mat ones as my stitches were getting caught sometimes. x

I hated the mat ones. Felt like I had a horse between my legs. So moved to always night time instead! So go with whatever you're comfy with!
Well ladies have been down for my op and now back on the ward. Dying for a cuppa! Felt like I've had the best sleep for ages! Bit sore though. Worse than the actual episiotomy but just had some morphine......zzz zzz :) xxx
Hope your ok susie! xx

This one may be a tmi question but we've shared plenty before now so might as well share more. So today I've been getting pain in the bottom of my tummy, a bit like period pain, and I felt 'wet' so went to the loo as I thought I might be starting a period. I wasn't but when I wiped I had a fair bit of 'stringy' and thick ish but clear cm. I've never known if/when I've ovulated before but Dr Google tells me that if I'm not bf I could do so about now. Does this sound right?

This one may be a tmi question but we've shared plenty before now so might as well share more. So today I've been getting pain in the bottom of my tummy, a bit like period pain, and I felt 'wet' so went to the loo as I thought I might be starting a period. I wasn't but when I wiped I had a fair bit of 'stringy' and thick ish but clear cm. I've never known if/when I've ovulated before but Dr Google tells me that if I'm not bf I could do so about now. Does this sound right?

Yes lots clear cm is classed as your fertile cm. X

Yeah sounds like it Sarah x I remember the month I got my BFP - two weeks before I had very noticeable cm, more than I had any other month so assumed it was ovulation. DTD and here we are :)

If it seems normal (in terms of colour/odour) then it's most probably that. If you're worried at all about it then speak to gp. Sounds normal enough to me though :) x

Thanks Jess's!! xxx

I've never known if/when I've ovulated so never really had any cm like it that I've noticed. Tom says he's sleeping in the spare room tonight, although I don't know why cos he's not getting any until I've my coil fitted. Haha. Hoping that having Cole may have fixed the lack of periods, and maybe even the losing some weight too. Just got to keep on with the weight loss. Omg, and hope my period doesn't turn up on our wedding day!!! I never thought of that. Can you use tampons so soon after having a baby? Please don't tell me I have to use pads!!!

Thanks Jess's!! xxx

I've never known if/when I've ovulated so never really had any cm like it that I've noticed. Tom says he's sleeping in the spare room tonight, although I don't know why cos he's not getting any until I've my coil fitted. Haha. Hoping that having Cole may have fixed the lack of periods, and maybe even the losing some weight too. Just got to keep on with the weight loss. Omg, and hope my period doesn't turn up on our wedding day!!! I never thought of that. Can you use tampons so soon after having a baby? Please don't tell me I have to use pads!!!

copied the following from NHS site regarding tampons xx
You shouldn't use tampons until you have had your postnatal check, which usually happens six weeks after giving birth. This is because you will still have a wound at the site where the placenta joined with your uterine wall. Inserting a tampon can increase the risk of you developing an infection in this wound. Avoiding tampons will give your body a chance to heal itself.After childbirth, women experience vaginal bleeding known as lochia. Lochia is similar to a menstrual period, but it occurs when the uterus (womb) sheds cells and tissues remaining after childbirth. It is advised that women should use sanitary towels during this time.
Lochia can last anywhere between two to six weeks. The bleeding usually begins as bright red in colour and changes over time to pinkish-brown, then cream. The length of time that you experience discharge, and the colour changes, is different for each woman.
Lochia is a normal postnatal experience, however you should seek medical advice if:

• the discharge remains heavy and bright red for more than a week
  • you are needing to use more than one sanitary towel an hour (because the towel is soaked)
  • you have large blood clots
  • the discharge smells very bad
  • you have a fever or chills

copied the following from NHS site regarding tampons xx

When it says your six week post natal check, are they supposed to actually give you an internal? I know they used to do years ago but my nurse literally asked me a few questions about how I was and that was it. I'm at the doctor this morning so will ask her then because I can't stand pads, it was bad enough having to wear them for 2-3 weeks after Cole was born, but don't want to risk tampons if it's too early xx

Sarah if it resembled egg white... It's very likely u'll ovulate in the next 24-36 hours...

Ooh maybe I might finally turn 'normal'. But then again maybe it's just the more fertile straight after a baby thing. I'll have to wait and see :)

Baby no 2 Sarah?!?! ;) ha ha xx

Haha. If money was no object, so I didn't have to go back to work until my kids were older, and I could be guaranteed an easy pregnancy I'd do it in a heartbeat. Doubt Tom would just yet though ;) xxx

A lot of my friends who had problems before having kids (like PCOS or unexplained infertility) found they were 'normal' after. It's almost like it resets your system.
Re the tampons hun I'm not sure. I guess maybe see how go? Like you though I wouldn't want to wear pads on my wedding day! Not long now!
I've never known a anyone do an internal at your 8week check. Mine didn't even look at my stitches even though I wanted him to, he sent me to the women's health GP instead. Though he is the nicest GP I've ever had so I will forgive him. He is as camp as Louie spence but he says he's married with kids....??? Xx

A lot of my friends who had problems before having kids (like PCOS or unexplained infertility) found they were 'normal' after. It's almost like it resets your system. Re the tampons hun I'm not sure. I guess maybe see how go? Like you though I wouldn't want to wear pads on my wedding day! Not long now! I've never known a anyone do an internal at your 8week check. Mine didn't even look at my stitches even though I wanted him to, he sent me to the women's health GP instead. Though he is the nicest GP I've ever had so I will forgive him. He is as camp as Louie spence but he says he's married with kids....??? Xx

I really hope being pregnant has sorted me out. I didn't think they did an internal but the way the tampon advice reads sounds like they do. And my step mum was appalled that I didn't get a smear/check. I wasn't bothered either way. I had at least 22 different people in close proximity to my bits in a six day period so it doesn't bother me at all.
I never use pads and really wouldn't fancy using one at the wedding. But then my sister said she was told not to use tampons for a couple of months after having the coil fitted so I might have to anyway if that's the case. Eurgh.
My postman is as camp as Christmas but is married with kids. It amuses me ;) xx

A lot of my friends who had problems before having kids (like PCOS or unexplained infertility) found they were 'normal' after. It's almost like it resets your system. Re the tampons hun I'm not sure. I guess maybe see how go? Like you though I wouldn't want to wear pads on my wedding day! Not long now! I've never known a anyone do an internal at your 8week check. Mine didn't even look at my stitches even though I wanted him to, he sent me to the women's health GP instead. Though he is the nicest GP I've ever had so I will forgive him. He is as camp as Louie spence but he says he's married with kids....??? Xx

I know someone who used to go 70-odd days between periods before she had her son but is perfectly regular now and has been for the last three years! Can see why it would reset your system, so to speak. In our case though the infertility wasn't with me so I dunno how things will be if we decide to try for baby no 2...

They didn't do an internal at my 6-8 week check: the doctor had a quick look at my scar, asked me how I was feeling generally, we discussed contraception and she gave me a repeat for my antidepressants. That was pretty much it!

OMG girls help!!!! I am in AGONY!!!! Last night about 5pm my boobs started to feel a little tender n tougher... Now... I look like iv had implants overnight and the pain is ridiculous!!! Fix me!!!

This happened to me at about day 5 ish I think. It went down after about 2 days. A few people told me to express a bit but I didn't want to encourage my milk (what bit there was) to stick around so I didn't. I just avoided anything touching my boobs and they eventually went back to normal. Not easy with a newborn though!! Sorry I can't be of any more help. I didn't find a solution either, other than to wait it out :(

I know someone who used to go 70-odd days between periods before she had her son but is perfectly regular now and has been for the last three years! Can see why it would reset your system, so to speak. In our case though the infertility wasn't with me so I dunno how things will be if we decide to try for baby no 2... They didn't do an internal at my 6-8 week check: the doctor had a quick look at my scar, asked me how I was feeling generally, we discussed contraception and she gave me a repeat for my antidepressants. That was pretty much it!

I'm keeping everything crossed that I'm fixed, it would be brilliant. I don't know many people who actually want periods, other than myself! Haha. You got pregnant after all the vitamins, didn't you? So maybe of you do ttc again get Colin on them all again before you start trying and maybe that'll work?

Back