Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

I had a sweep on the Thursday. Had a bit of a show. Not much. Then nothing.
Sunday I didn't feel "right" Can't describe what felt different, coz I don't know. I just didn't feel right. Went to bed. No niggles, pains, pressure... Nothing. Just feeling "normal"
An hour later... Needed my tenth wee (lol) Sitting there doing what ya do n my waters broke :)
Not a gush, just trickled with my wee so wasn't sure if it was then or not. So put on an ST n got back in bed. Few mins later I got back up to go check the pad n while I was walking I had another trickle n I knew then.... That's was it!!!! :)

Sorry for going on a bit... Lol

Might be signs of 'it' but might just be teasing you! I had a few days of period pains and backache that didn't come to anything, and then one night it came and didnt go! Just keep doing what you're doing, relax, eat, sleep!

Hi ladies

Im 24 weeks +2days and im still bein sick..sometimes jus bial other times proper sick
With my first pregnancy with lucas I had no sickness so was wondering if there is any advice u can give to me plz!
Xxxxxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I had a sweep on the Thursday. Had a bit of a show. Not much. Then nothing.
Sunday I didn't feel "right" Can't describe what felt different, coz I don't know. I just didn't feel right. Went to bed. No niggles, pains, pressure... Nothing. Just feeling "normal"
An hour later... Needed my tenth wee (lol) Sitting there doing what ya do n my waters broke :)
Not a gush, just trickled with my wee so wasn't sure if it was then or not. So put on an ST n got back in bed. Few mins later I got back up to go check the pad n while I was walking I had another trickle n I knew then.... That's was it!!!! :)

Sorry for going on a bit... Lol
That's exactly how I'm feeling- not quite 'right', I feel out of sorts, like something isn't right...
Been up to the toilet loads tonight, more than normal....
And I feel... Agitated, restless, uncomfortable...

I hope it's not teasing me, I hope it's the real thing, I think I'll just try and get some sleep and see how the night goes really....

Thanks for all your replies, I'll keep you posted! X

Hi ladies

Im 24 weeks +2days and im still bein sick..sometimes jus bial other times proper sick
With my first pregnancy with lucas I had no sickness so was wondering if there is any advice u can give to me plz!
Xxxxxx

I suffered with sickness from 6 weeks until about 25 weeks so I can sympathise with you... I still get the occasional day of it even now at 37 weeks!
I found certain foods triggered it... And not eating enough for breakfast, plus I had to stick to water first thing as anything else would trigger it... Once I got past breakfast (usually something plain like toast with Flora) I was usually fine.
And I've got anti sickness tablets ( Cyclizine) which my doc prescribed as I was diagnosed with HG earlier in my pregnancy.
X

Well I had an average night's sleep (meaning I tossed and turned all night and had 4 toilet trips!) and today I still feel out of sorts, as it were.
Still getting period pains and backache but nothing different to last night. I reckon I'm being teased!
But it is May today so I'm hoping baby's calendar is working and he/she wants to meet us soon! X

Well I had an average night's sleep (meaning I tossed and turned all night and had 4 toilet trips!) and today I still feel out of sorts, as it were.
Still getting period pains and backache but nothing different to last night. I reckon I'm being teased!
But it is May today so I'm hoping baby's calendar is working and he/she wants to meet us soon! X

It could be the early signs of slow labour? Mine started with lower back pain and period type pains which did eventually get worse... xx

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

It could be the early signs of slow labour? Mine started with lower back pain and period type pains which did eventually get worse... xx

I'm hoping it is... I'm still getting the lower back pain and period cramps but they haven't got worse YET! X

Good luck...

Well I may have a May baby! Been having some pains through the day but nothing major or regular... But it's been all day!
Unsure if it's painful Braxton hicks or not.

Good luck...

Well I may have a May baby! Been having some pains through the day but nothing major or regular... But it's been all day!
Unsure if it's painful Braxton hicks or not.

Same here.... Fingers crossed x

I suffered with sickness from 6 weeks until about 25 weeks so I can sympathise with you... I still get the occasional day of it even now at 37 weeks!
I found certain foods triggered it... And not eating enough for breakfast, plus I had to stick to water first thing as anything else would trigger it... Once I got past breakfast (usually something plain like toast with Flora) I was usually fine.
And I've got anti sickness tablets ( Cyclizine) which my doc prescribed as I was diagnosed with HG earlier in my pregnancy.
X

Oh wow u still get it sometimes at 37weeks!!! I keep thinking of goin to get some sickness tablets but im already on aspirin so I dnt want to take more than i have too xx

Oh wow u still get it sometimes at 37weeks!!! I keep thinking of goin to get some sickness tablets but im already on aspirin so I dnt want to take more than i have too xx

Yeh I have to keep my breakfast quite plain, once I'm past that I'm usually ok. My MW said its prob the increase in hormones towards the end.
I was only prescribed the tabs in hospital cos of HG- my doc won't give me a repeat, you're only supposed to have them when you really need them, but it's hard to not take them every day 'just in case' x

Well no change, still getting lower back pain and period pains, I actually feel like I'm having my period cos I'm grumpy and craving chocolate lol! X

Well no change, still getting lower back pain and period pains, I actually feel like I'm having my period cos I'm grumpy and craving chocolate lol! X

Hope tomorrow or through the night things improve! Get walking and bouncing on a birthing ball if you have one.

Regards to me I've only had a few more pains, think it's just baba playing me about as he knows I can't wait for his arrival :)

Hope tomorrow or through the night things improve! Get walking and bouncing on a birthing ball if you have one.

Regards to me I've only had a few more pains, think it's just baba playing me about as he knows I can't wait for his arrival :)

I've got an upset stomach and I keep needing the loo more frequently and I'm very restless.
I haven't had much movement from baby today either, normally he/she is very active but it's really slowed down today... Not sure how long to leave it before I call MW?

My baby has been active every day from when I was felt the first kick. So active we started calling it fidget :)
But yesterday was first day where I didn't feel anything for most of the day, got an occasional flutter but nothing like normal. And no movements last night once in bed, it's normally going bonkers then. And so far nothing today....
Still getting the lower back pain and period pain, hubby said ring MW if I'm concerned about baby, but I know they'll want me to go straight into hospital and I'd feel really silly if it was for nothing.
I don't know what to do?
I just wish these pains would either turn into something or go away completely x

My baby has been active every day from when I was felt the first kick. So active we started calling it fidget :)
But yesterday was first day where I didn't feel anything for most of the day, got an occasional flutter but nothing like normal. And no movements last night once in bed, it's normally going bonkers then. And so far nothing today....
Still getting the lower back pain and period pain, hubby said ring MW if I'm concerned about baby, but I know they'll want me to go straight into hospital and I'd feel really silly if it was for nothing.
I don't know what to do?
I just wish these pains would either turn into something or go away completely x

Hi hun x they always say if movements change at all from normal to get checked - even if your still getting a little bit - if its not the "usual pattern" theyd rather check you over xx dont feel silly, i was in MAU loads towards the end with reduced movement and they are fab about it xx best to be safe xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Movements should still stay the same hun, irrespective of what bounty apps and all sorts say! If you're worried, give them a ring and just say you want to check baby is ok as movement has been a bit less and is this early labour?
They won't mind, and if they do say, don't worry it's fine, ask to Go in and be checked anyway as you would feel happier knowing all is well. And if they still say no (they shouldn't), go anyway.
It's your baby. You want to know all is well. And then you can relax again.

Back