Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Oh Sarah x must be awful seeing your baby in pain :( x i agree with the others about seeing gp. Hopefully you will get some answers soon hun xx sorry to hear your going through this xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

[
Ah Sarah sounds so stressful for all of you :( I have nothing new to add just what the others have said. I got told off for googling too ;) hope little man gets a decent sleep tonight x

Well he's in our bed and it looks like he's staying so Tom will be in the spare bed again ;) as long as Cole gets sleep and feels better I'll be happy xx

Oh Sarah x must be awful seeing your baby in pain :( x i agree with the others about seeing gp. Hopefully you will get some answers soon hun xx sorry to hear your going through this xx Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

It's horrendous. I can tell by his cry that it's a pain one rather than just being morngy. Just hope GP doesn't send me packing xx

I'm gonna ring at 8 and see if I can get him in. I need to do something, this isn't fair on him. It's a good idea to say I've spoken to other mums Emma, thanks :) and Jess, I once mentioned google with my PCOS and got told off! So I don't tell them now. Xx

yeah you mention any research & they dont seem happy at all... i guess in a way i understand as were kind of telling them how to do their job lol....

Question ladies, what changing bags did you all buy? i previously had the summer infant izabel bloom tote one and still have but strap broke and very worn! want something good & big xx

yeah you mention any research & they dont seem happy at all... i guess in a way i understand as were kind of telling them how to do their job lol.... Question ladies, what changing bags did you all buy? i previously had the summer infant izabel bloom tote one and still have but strap broke and very worn! want something good & big xx

I've got a pink lining one and it's fab! Really spacious and has different compartments. I've even got the matching purse :) xx

il have a nosy at them thanks. most i see are so small & wont fit much in! id need add baby stuff, plus trousers/undies for jacob as always take spares, my purse and drink for jacob too.... xx

Another Pink Lining fan here!
Its big and although I've yet to try it out, I am taking it to the hospital with me as I've put all baby's bits in it and I just love the bag :)

Aww Sarah I would def phone doc to see if they can help, poor Oliver and poor you :-( their cries when they sound in pain are so horrible xx

Jess I have a Kipling changing bad and it's got loads of room and lots of pockets. Sometimes wish I'd got a prettier one, ours is plain black but great when DH uses it too. X

Girls- when you was in your last few weeks of pregnancy, how far did you walk?

I need to get to the post office and my nearest (as my local is under refurbishment) is about 15-20 mins away and I'm considering walking there and back but wondering if I'd be overdoing it?

I'm also thinking of the benefits of the walk i.e. baby might come!!

Jess mine is from Nica and it's lovely, very Girly though and I know your having a boy - night be worth a look at their other ones although a bit pricey, mine was a present.

Dougal - I used to walk to town and back which is 25 mins each way, used to be too much though I think as I was exhausted after, may be why Bella came 2 weeks early! X

Hope you get sorted with cole Sarah, don't let them fob you off!
Re change bags we got a mothercare one which is black and plain as Benn didn't want a girly one but it's not that big and now she's older needing food etc it's not that great, so think we would def get a better one next time.
Douglas re walking take it easy and I'm sure you will be fine. I walked everywhere in the last few weeks as didn't want to drive. Make sure you've got comfy shoes on and I always took a backpack thing so I didn't have to carry shopping one sided if that makes sense! X

Thanks ladies I've been looking all night online. It's hard as most don't show pictures of the insides etc!

May go shopping on Thursday when Jacob is at nursery for the day so can be a easier relaxed day for me! :)

Good luck with doctors today Sarah xx

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Hmmm I think I'm gonna walk there and see how I feel, cos I can always get the bus back as it'll take me direct to Tesco, which I need to go to x

Thanks girls. Got in with the nurse at 10.30 so fingers crossed x

Is go Kirsty but just take it easy and as slow as needed. Have money incase need bus or taxi xx

It's like the phone company knew- they sent me an email saying I could get a 7 day extension on my phone if I needed it, so I've done it.
Means I don't need to get it posted as urgently, as long as it's there by the 24th.
So I haven't been out yet, think I'll just pop to Tesco after lunch, I need some milk as well.
I'm trying not to go there too often cos I always end up down the baby section buying things I don't need! It's dangerous, esp when there's a sale!!
Thanks for all the advice, girls x

Midwife app went great :)

The whole dizzy light headedness I've been getting she's said it's because my bp is slightly low on several checkups and low blood sugar level. So what a good excuse to have chocolate pmsl. She said keep chocolate bar with me and have when needed.

Measuring 2weeks over but not worried.

Also (aimed at Suzie unless others know) in the relation to brim she's put 'at brim' does that mean he's ready to start engaging?? As she said to me he's ready to come???? Confused me! Xxx

Midwife app went great :)

The whole dizzy light headedness I've been getting she's said it's because my bp is slightly low on several checkups and low blood sugar level. So what a good excuse to have chocolate pmsl. She said keep chocolate bar with me and have when needed.

Measuring 2weeks over but not worried.

Also (aimed at Suzie unless others know) in the relation to brim she's put 'at brim' does that mean he's ready to start engaging?? As she said to me he's ready to come???? Confused me! Xxx

That made me laugh- you've actually got to have chocolate, what a great excuse :)
If you're measuring 2 weeks over and he's 'at brim' I'd say he's gonna be here soon!
I get just as confused as you with all the different terms, I got 3/5 engaged last check (38 wks) and MW explained 3/5 of baby's head is in my pelvis, meaning she can only feel 2/5 above it.
When I googled it says that 3/5 can mean MW can still feel 3/5 of the head above the pelvis meaning I'd only be 2/5 engaged.
It depends on how MW records it in your notes, I just asked her to explain as I was confused too!! X

Yeah great excuse for chocolate haha. Typical when I'm trying to be as good as possible before he's here too..

Oh yeah I in know a lot can get confused with the whole 2/5 engaged but some midwives mean they only feel 3/5 of babies head. Or opposite way around!

I'd of asked but didn't read notes until j was home and she said when felt that he's ready to come! Don't want to be tok excited though even though its hard not too! Xx

Back