Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

I've had a awful headache pain in the bottom of the back of my head, like top on my neck... And sometimes get flashing lights, like loads little white fly things... Heartburn is a usual for me now too x Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Definitely hospital for you then Jess. Just as well to be sure all is well. I would suggest you don't wait til morning but ring them now. Xx

Well I've been told to rest up with my feet as high as possible in bed. Then tomorrow if I'm still as swollen then to get checked out.... I go to play group tomorrow where they have midwife appointments so il see if I can be squeezed in since I'm there to see her to give me a check over.

Understandable really since it's been really hot weather, hoping swelling goes down though. Cannot believe how tight my feet are!

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

I've been told to drink more water to help with swelling and on hot days - my hands etc swell in hot weather also to put my feet up etc

Oliver is 15 weeks now. Yesterday I kept getting very upset. He started getting an upset tummy too and ended up doing big farts and then followed through with runny poo. This has now continued through the night. He sleeps for an hour then screaming for half hour until I manage to get him to sleep on me for another hour. His bum is also very red now, I assume nappy rash.

I've been giving him teething crystals and putting teething gel on his gums. I've put cream on his bum and changing him regularly. I've given him calpol. I'm also giving Oliver lots of water to keep him hydrated.

Anything else I should try? Am I right in thinking this is normal side effect to teething? I was reading online and some people were saying if the poo is watery then you should go to the dr because that could be something different to teething.

I hate how unsettled he is. The screaming is piercing so he is obviously in pain.

It's been a long night. Just hope he improves during the day. Meant to be going to get him weighed. Would be good to see the HV but not sure having his naked on communal scales is necessarily a good thing with a bad bum!!

I kno messy nappies can b teething. Not so sure about the screaming part. If the screaming is followed by the poo (as in crying over tummy pain n not teeth?!)
I wouldn't b giving lots of water tho at this age. An extra oz r 2 mayb but not much more than that. Poor Oliver :( Hope he feels better soon x

Sorry I'm not sure Penny but hope he feels better soon xx
Maybe give the doc a ring to check.

I kno messy nappies can b teething. Not so sure about the screaming part. If the screaming is followed by the poo (as in crying over tummy pain n not teeth?!) I wouldn't b giving lots of water tho at this age. An extra oz r 2 mayb but not much more than that. Poor Oliver :( Hope he feels better soon x

Well I think the screaming is often linked to farting or pooing so think maybe it is to do with his tummy.

The water thing is interesting because our HV told us if he is on formula then he should be having water every day. Now that it is sunny and hot he should have even more. She recommended at least 2oz in the morning and 2oz in the afternoon. However my friend who loves in the same borough was told by her HV that babies only need water in the heat or if unwell and risk of dehydration..... So mixed advice as ever round this area x

Well I think the screaming is often linked to farting or pooing so think maybe it is to do with his tummy.

The water thing is interesting because our HV told us if he is on formula then he should be having water every day. Now that it is sunny and hot he should have even more. She recommended at least 2oz in the morning and 2oz in the afternoon. However my friend who loves in the same borough was told by her HV that babies only need water in the heat or if unwell and risk of dehydration..... So mixed advice as ever round this area x

Oh God how frustrating.
I guess as long as he takes his RDA I food it can't make much diff.
A sign of them being dehydrated us the hole in their head being sunk in apparently. So I keep a watch if that...
Tho we're not having that fab weather here. Am half glad. We had a hot day Saturday n I was in a panick. Is she too hot. Is she covered up from the sun. Is her milk ok?! Was making bottles as needed which was a pain just so they couldn't curdle in the heat. Back to normal cooler temps n rain yesterday

Frances how do you prepare your bottles again?
Thomas has been having a few more lately and thinking of changing my method of adding powder to cooled water x

Frances how do you prepare your bottles again?
Thomas has been having a few more lately and thinking of changing my method of adding powder to cooled water x
Usually I make up 4 at a time.. So boil the kettle.. Leave it for 20 mins.. Add water to bottles, then formula.. Shake and put in a sink of cold water for 10 mins.. Then pop in the fridge.. I leave 1 out so its ready when needed and take the next out when I've used that.. So if Éabha decides she wants a bottle when its not quite due, there's one ready.. :)

Ladies.. As I've mentioned on my thread, Éabha has started teething.. She's not suffering with them but does have some pain sometimes... Usually when she wakes at 3am!!! Is there any long term pain reliever I can give her that will stop them waking her... She doesn't wake screaming or evening crying.. Just moaning.. But obviously she's disturbed and then is uneasy for the rest of the night.. Which means Mammy Worry Wart here is awake for the night then too worrying that she's OK..
Am not giving her Calpol or anything going to bed as she doesn't be suffering then and I'd rather not give "just in case" as I feel it then won't be as effective when she needs it...
Any advice much appreciated :)

Ladies.. As I've mentioned on my thread, Éabha has started teething.. She's not suffering with them but does have some pain sometimes... Usually when she wakes at 3am!!! Is there any long term pain reliever I can give her that will stop them waking her... She doesn't wake screaming or evening crying.. Just moaning.. But obviously she's disturbed and then is uneasy for the rest of the night.. Which means Mammy Worry Wart here is awake for the night then too worrying that she's OK..
Am not giving her Calpol or anything going to bed as she doesn't be suffering then and I'd rather not give "just in case" as I feel it then won't be as effective when she needs it...
Any advice much appreciated :)

Hope she's ok hun... I used to use baby bonjela and if starts stiring abit you can pop some on gums before she wakes up x

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

I'm not sure on long term pain relief Hun you could try one of those little teethings sachets before you put her to bed but not sure how effective it would be as I think they're supposed to be for immediate pain relief rather than prevention :/
Other wise the only things I know of are the baby bonjela like jess mentioned or calgel which is calpols teething gel.
Xx

Thanks Frances x

We're trying the amber necklace when he starts but think you said before you didn't like the idea?

Think I need to buy teething granules when we're home as they're meant to be good.

Does she take a dummy Frances? If Bella starts to stir and her teeth are playing up I pop some teething gel on her gums before she's fully awake and a little bit on her dummy, always does the trick.
Going to check out the amber anklets now as well just so we are prepared. x

Back