Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

RE walkers. Jacob had one and loved it! I've a big house so he loved following me around from kitchen, living room to dining room etc. X

He started walking on his own a few days after his first birthday
Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Just popping by. Toby had a walker got the cheapest one going from Argos as he always wanted to be up on his feet and got frustrated in his jumperoo because he couldn't follow us around. I wouldnt say it hindered or aided his walking but he was walking by 10 months. I found the walker handy when I wanted to get on with cleaning as he could follow me around without needing carrying, One thing I was told was to make sure his feet were always flat to floor and not on tiptoes! X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Quick update ladies, been to hospital. I'm 3cm dilated n said my waters are bulging but not broke as of yet. They have sent me home until I am 2 min apart n contractions lasting 1 min. God I'm in agony already :-( xx

Quick update ladies, been to hospital. I'm 3cm dilated n said my waters are bulging but not broke as of yet. They have sent me home until I am 2 min apart n contractions lasting 1 min. God I'm in agony already :-( xx

Exciting!! But if you can't handle it then go in and refuse to leave! xx

N how many mins apart were u when u went in? xx
Still 10 mins apart, it wasn't until my waters broke 2 hours before he was born that they sped up! X

Exciting!! But if you can't handle it then go in and refuse to leave! xx

Yeh that's what I did, and I was 6cms dilated and he was born 6 hours later! X

Also my waters broke at 20:40 and he was born at 22:27 so don't worry too much about your waters not going yet, it's different for everyone! X

Can anyone help with bottles please?

I have 5 x 9oz avent bottles bought for me and just looked and they say 1month + has any one used these for new born?

Was thinking of going to aldi baby event friday and getting the avent starter kit which has 2x 4oz and 2x 9oz can you use the 4oz for new born? Or do i have to buy 5x 4oz bottles just for the first month or can you buy new born teats?
Confused.com

Can anyone help with bottles please? I have 5 x 9oz avent bottles bought for me and just looked and they say 1month + has any one used these for new born? Was thinking of going to aldi baby event friday and getting the avent starter kit which has 2x 4oz and 2x 9oz can you use the 4oz for new born? Or do i have to buy 5x 4oz bottles just for the first month or can you buy new born teats? Confused.com

I use TT and have used the 9oz ones from newborn. Maybe check the teat as it may be them that are from 1m+. TT do slow, medium,fast and variflow for different ages so it's probably the teat rather than the bottle.

Can anyone help with bottles please? I have 5 x 9oz avent bottles bought for me and just looked and they say 1month + has any one used these for new born? Was thinking of going to aldi baby event friday and getting the avent starter kit which has 2x 4oz and 2x 9oz can you use the 4oz for new born? Or do i have to buy 5x 4oz bottles just for the first month or can you buy new born teats? Confused.com

I had avent to begin with. You just need to make sure you have teet size 1s. As long as you do then they can be used from newborn x

I've had TT from the start- but we're now getting some Avent anti-colic ones as little man suffers so much, and the TT ones leak! X

I've had TT from the start- but we're now getting some Avent anti-colic ones as little man suffers so much, and the TT ones leak! X

We started on avent and now on TT. According to the dr we saw in hospital no one knows what causes colic so he couldn't see how anti colic bottles help... But hope he is wrong and it helps Oliver x

Yea Jess... My house is ideal for a wobbler in a walker... Can run the whole length of the house, from room to room without any bumps in the way as the floors are all flush with each other.. So floor wise it'd be great...
Good idea to get the cheapest one possible.. Won't make a diff then if she doesn't like it.. Will go price hunting now.. Will tell J it was a gift from a friend that i'll make up :D :D tee hee hee

Kerry, hope you're OK n not in too much pain.. Just remember.. These are pains with a purpose and you will soon be snuggling your little lady baby :)

We started on avent and now on TT. According to the dr we saw in hospital no one knows what causes colic so he couldn't see how anti colic bottles help... But hope he is wrong and it helps Oliver x
Yeh can see his point but I've read tons of reviews, all raving about these bottles and how they helped colic.
Even my HV recommended them, but then we all know to take that with a punch of salt hey?! :p

Oliver is suffering with constipation- haven't had a dirty nappy for over 24 hours- any tips on ways to relive/help it??

Oliver is suffering with constipation- haven't had a dirty nappy for over 24 hours- any tips on ways to relive/help it??

Cole never had it but my midwife and HV said to give him bits of cooled boiled water. And also to rub his tummy in a clockwise direction but I'm not sure if/how that works.
Until Cole started on solids he didn't poo every day, more like every other day.

It's not classed as constipation in infants til after 3 r 4 days.. N they (here) don't like us to treat it for at least 4 days as it can cause lazy bowel n bowel problems...
But some brown sugar in cooled boiled water helps x

Yup it's not constipation until it's been over 4 days, I wouldn't do anything different just yet but be prepared when he goes it may be explosive xx

Thanks ladies- I shall be prepared!
Will try the brown sugar in water later if he hasn't had a poo, he's been farting a lot and really unsettled but still just wet nappies.
He was regularly producing a dirty nappy every day so will keep an eye on it x

Back