Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Wow you wrote it!!! You should write a book of pie for mummies!! Xx

Sums up how I feel about my Coley Moley :D Having a baby changes your life You're more than a husband, you're more than a wife The long nights are plenty, the thank you's are few Where you once talked of parties, you now talk of poo Your life is a whirl of bum changes and feeds You realise it's time to forget your own needs There are no days off and no time to be ill And nap times become a battle of will The bag that you carry is now full to the brim Of nappies and baby wipes, your hair needs a trim A trip to the shops is no longer for fun And you'd love a night out but when all's said and done You look at your baby and your heart bursts with pride He's sleeping so soundly or sat at your side His soft wispy hair and his beautiful smile It makes sleepless nights altogether worthwhile He'll smile when he sees you, so happy you're there He'll reach out his arms or play with your hair He's got kisses and cuddles to share just with you And seeks your approval when he learns something new You've never been happier, your days are now full Of gurgles and giggles, no moment is dull He's your reason for living, the love of your life You're more than a husband, you're more than a wife

Crying into my lunch!!!

Aww wow that was amazing, I'd love to frame that and put it on the wall!
Tears all round lol xx

Aww wow that was amazing, I'd love to frame that and put it on the wall! Tears all round lol xx

Do it!! I might do it myself :) xx

Oh wow didn't realise you wrote it. Fab stuff Hun, very talented x

I used to find it easy when I was young. Teenage angst and all that lol xx

I was just thinking the same I might do a canvas with some pics surrounding the poem xx

I was just thinking the same I might do a canvas with some pics surrounding the poem xx

That's a fab idea!! I considered sharing it on FB but without saying it was me who wrote it...xx

Do it!! I might do it myself :) xx I used to find it easy when I was young. Teenage angst and all that lol xx

Aww thank you, I think I will as long as you don't mind! Xx

Aww thank you, I think I will as long as you don't mind! Xx

Course I don't. Think it needs a title though. Was thinking More Than. What do you think?xx

Love it :)

Oh wow Sarah.. I didn't realise you wrote it... Amazing!! Think I too will steel it and surround it with pics.. A nice one for behind my desk :) (Seen as we don't hang pics up at home)

That's a nice idea :) x

Oh it's lovely Sarah! I didn't know you wrote it. Very good!! Xx

Congrats Tink, she's beautiful and love the name xx

On the weaning front, we are day 2 of sweet potato and he loves it!
Weaning early has totally made a difference, he's much more content and he's still having enough milk as well (35oz average), so HV is very happy and so am I :)

Oliver has started sleeping on his front which has resulted leaky nappy on his tummy. Sure some other mummy's had the same problem. Any advice? Thanks xx

We found that his sleepsuit or vest was squishing the full bit of the nappy and pushing the wee out over the top, as daft as that sounds. If Cole sleeps in a vest we now only close one popper so the nappy has room to bulge out to the side and isn't compressed. And if he sleeps in a sleepsuit we get ones that are a size up and leave the couple of poppers around his nappy undone so the nappy can expand. We've not had a leaky nappy since xx

Back