Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

We have been on pampers for a while now but I ordered some size 5s in boots because I had a voucher for them. Doesn't matter what size they have really, just need to be comfy. Not nice when they leak. Poor bubba's. We don't have a Waitrose near by so haven't tried theirs yet. Tried most others. Sains are by far the worse imho: so hard like cardboard!

We only tried Waitrose because I get staff discount from there and they are relatively cheap to start with so win win really.
And they've proven to be the best so far- I think Tesco was the worst for Oliver, yet our friends use them for their little girl and swear by them...
Interesting how it varies so much...
We weren't impressed by Sainsburys or Aldi... Pampers so-so, Huggies awful and they irritated his skin and Asda's weren't much cop (which I was pleased about as I refuse to shop there!!) x

We use size 4 aldi Ben's 21 pounds and they go up to 24 I think never had a leak xx

Why do you refuse to shop at Asda? Its favourite shop by far! X

Me too I have all by me but always choose Asda. If I go to Sainsburys I spend heaps on clothes! Xx

Lol I'm risking being called a snob here but basically a few reasons why I refuse to shop at Asda:

1. I live right between a Tesco and a Waitrose and Asda is a bit further out of my way
2. I don't like the kind of people my local Asda attracts- it's in a poor area and full of chavs so shopping there isn't a nice experience! (Just want to stress I'm talking about my local Asda only and not trying to offend anyone!)
That prob also comes from working and shopping in Waitrose for so long!
3. I prefer quality over cheapness on certain items such as meat, fish, etc and Asda just doesn't cut it in my opinion
4: I work for Waitrose, which means 15% discount, so aside from using Tesco for emergencies (as it's literally on my doorstep!), it makes financial sense for me to shop there, plus we get the better quality food for the same price as Tesco!

Paul calls me a 'food snob' lol but I don't care, I prefer Waitrose over anywhere else (I do like Morrisons actually but we don't have one in Colchester so I only go there when I visit my mum. Shame as I like it a lot)!

I think the problem as well, is that if I did shop anywhere but Waitrose, I'd be constantly comparing it and Waitrose would always win, cos let's face it they are expensive for a reason!

I find waitrose underwhelming and overpriced although I may feel different if I worked there and had discount.

I find waitrose underwhelming and overpriced although I may feel different if I worked there and had discount.
I can actually understand that, and there's no doubt that I wouldn't shop there if I didn't work there and get discount.
I'd most likely be a Tesco shopper as it's so close.
The only problem I have now is I was to ever leave Waitrose, I wouldn't be able to afford to shop there but I've got so used to tim I'd find it hard to shop anywhere else...
Not that I'm planning to leave anytime soon... Not with 25% discount at John Lewis too!! :p

No way!!! I might have to get a job at Waitrose!! I love
JL x

No way!!! I might have to get a job at Waitrose!! I love
JL x
:)
I blame JL for my Radley addiction!!!
But it does come in handy for Xmas presents esp with a little one- been eyeing up the Fisher Price toys on there... Have a feeling Oliver is gonna get a little bit spoiled this Xmas lol :p x

I got a load of fisher price in the 3 for 2 sale in babies r us and Argos, just need to find space for it all! X

I feel the same. The ones I've been in seemed to be full of pretentious people with a 'look where I'm shopping' attitude. But then, like everywhere, it depends on where they are. X

I feel the same. The ones I've been in seemed to be full of pretentious people with a 'look where I'm shopping' attitude. But then, like everywhere, it depends on where they are. X
Yeh I must admit we have those people in our Waitrose too...
I wouldn't have even given Waitrose a go if I hadn't have got a job there- where my hubby told me they was building one here, my reply was 'it'll be full of snobs then!' Lol!!!
5 years later, I'm still working there, the discount is fab (the JL even more so!) and they give a great maternity package! :) x

I got a load of fisher price in the 3 for 2 sale in babies r us and Argos, just need to find space for it all! X
Yeh my mum has already started buying Xmas presents for Oliver from babies r us- I could just leave her in the shop, she's like a big kid anyway!!
And now she has a grandson to spoil... :p

If JL do the same offer, I still get discount as well.. So you can see why I stick with JL!!! (Although babies r us has a much better selection) x

Zzzzz... A teething baby and sleep don't go together do they???
And y it is, hubby is sleeping (actually he's snoring!) through it!!! Grr!!

Yeh I must admit we have those people in our Waitrose too... I wouldn't have even given Waitrose a go if I hadn't have got a job there- where my hubby told me they was building one here, my reply was 'it'll be full of snobs then!' Lol!!! 5 years later, I'm still working there, the discount is fab (the JL even more so!) and they give a great maternity package! :) x

I think with that discount I'd be sticking it out too!! The main Waitrose I go in is Anglesey and everyone there only used to go as Kate Middleton/Duchess Katherine (or whatever they call her now) used to shop there.
The problem you have with Asda we have with Tesco here. The 24 hour Tesco constantly has people sat outside drinking and intimidating people whereas the Asda is quite nice. But I agree with you on meat, I prefer Morrisons for their butchers x

I think with that discount I'd be sticking it out too!! The main Waitrose I go in is Anglesey and everyone there only used to go as Kate Middleton/Duchess Katherine (or whatever they call her now) used to shop there.
The problem you have with Asda we have with Tesco here. The 24 hour Tesco constantly has people sat outside drinking and intimidating people whereas the Asda is quite nice. But I agree with you on meat, I prefer Morrisons for their butchers x
Our Tesco is going that way too...
My mum works at Morrisons so 10% discount woop! She has a weekly list of stuff for me, as we like their baby wipes and the clothes in Nutmeg... And I do prefer the meat there... X

Our Tesco is going that way too... My mum works at Morrisons so 10% discount woop! She has a weekly list of stuff for me, as we like their baby wipes and the clothes in Nutmeg... And I do prefer the meat there... X

My sister does too :) we use her 10% but love it when they have their 20% days ;) x

I need someone in my family to get a job in a supermarket!! I prefer morrisons too, but it's a bit out of the way for me! X

Back