Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

I didnt use anything. For 5 years we used the 'pulling out' method and that worked just fine lol So we'll use that again after baby :)

I personally dont like using anything that I feel changes the way my body should be working etc...especially long term

Lol we used to that but had to throw the towel in after having 4 children (aged 5,3,1 year 10 months old and a 5 month old) and got the copper coil as i didnt want any hormone contraception x

I always took the pill but with a history of migraines one of the doctors took me off it. I then tried the Mirena coil and seriously for me it was hell. I had mad mood swings, I'm usually a very laid back person and I don't usual get upset or angry easily but my poor husband was the first to pick up on the fact I'd changed since getting it fitted. He said he was worried about me. Then I started getting all the symptoms of being pregnant and I was convinced I was....morning sickness, weight gain, tiredness etc. I think it really was what convinced me I wanted another child more than I realised as I was really disappointed when tests came back clear. So out it came and here I am!! This time seen as I can't go on the pill and don't want the coil again we are opting for hubby getting the snip. I know I don't want more kids I will be delighted when this little one comes and our family is complete. :D
Thats the plan anyway.
My sister had the Mirena too and had it removed, she was a demon on it, very very hormonal and very short tempered on it. I pointed out the similiar symptoms I had and she had it removed, she says she felt so much better. xx

Hi Ladies,

Can anyone tell me what a shawl is?! My MIL asked me if I had one for the baby the other day and I just said "no" - but I have no idea what it is?! Do I need to get one?! xx

Hi Ladies, Can anyone tell me what a shawl is?! My MIL asked me if I had one for the baby the other day and I just said "no" - but I have no idea what it is?! Do I need to get one?! xx

Like a blanket I think? With tassly bits on the bottom - I have one which was mine as a baby. Will find a picture! xxx

Yeah think just a fancy blanket with tassels. From what I've heard it used to be a tradition for baby to have one.

Girls, do any of you know if we're allowed to use a Tens machine? My shoulder is killing and my wheat bag isn't taking it off at all. I've googled but get conflicting advice. Can't get in touch with midwife to ask her either.

Anyone else get a tightening in their chest with BHs? I've just had a couple and along with my tummy going tight - it went really high and I felt quite short of breath xx

Jess often when I get BH babies bum can be quite high against my rib cage which can make me feel short of breath and like everything is pushing up. Does that sound similiar?

Yeah it does sound the same! I now have an achey feeling in my ribs so must be baby being naughty :) xx

Girls, do any of you know if we're allowed to use a Tens machine? My shoulder is killing and my wheat bag isn't taking it off at all. I've googled but get conflicting advice. Can't get in touch with midwife to ask her either.

I know we can use them in labour hun :) xx

Yeah it does sound the same! I now have an achey feeling in my ribs so must be baby being naughty :) xx

Yip I'd say thats that then. They do like to affect every single part of you lol. Give the bum a little push down or slightly lean on it, it'll give you a bit more comfort. Not too much pressure though x

Yip I'd say thats that then. They do like to affect every single part of you lol. Give the bum a little push down or slightly lean on it, it'll give you a bit more comfort. Not too much pressure though x

Will do :) thanks! On the flip side I now have cramps quite low down where she might be doing something that end too lol little rascal xx

I know we can use them in labour hun :) xx

Yeah I thought that but when I've googled people have been saying they're ok for labour but not to use them earlier as they can start contractions. And as much as I would love to go into labour now I don't want to do anything I shouldn't :( xxx

Hey sarah.. Not sure about using it before labour kicks off.. Sorry can't be more help :(

Jess.. Soz.. Can't help you either but as Laura sais I'd imagine its more baby squishing up where there's not enough room than anything.. :)
xx

I'm confused my drs prescribed me 8/500 co codamol for neck muscle spasm I've had since Sunday. I'm nervous about taking he said it's fine I told him I was pregnant. He said yes it's what's prescribed to pregnant women I've just looked online and it says it shouldn't be taken in the first trimester ? So now I'm debating to get the prescription so confused. Lol

I'm confused my drs prescribed me 8/500 co codamol for neck muscle spasm I've had since Sunday. I'm nervous about taking he said it's fine I told him I was pregnant. He said yes it's what's prescribed to pregnant women I've just looked online and it says it shouldn't be taken in the first trimester ? So now I'm debating to get the prescription so confused. Lol
Most places will advise you not to take anything in the first trimester as its such a risky time anyway.. But he wouldn't have given it to you hun if he thought it could do anything to harm your baby...
If you're nervous about it... Don't take it... I took my first pain killer only last week as I was scared to take anything... But I didn''t have a sore neck/shoulder to contend with... Its totally up to you hun... But he'd not have given them if he didn't trust they were OK.. xxx

Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: Brands, Feeding, Nursery, Bathing, Everything!

Most places will advise you not to take anything in the first trimester as its such a risky time anyway.. But he wouldn't have given it to you hun if he thought it could do anything to harm your baby...
If you're nervous about it... Don't take it... I took my first pain killer only last week as I was scared to take anything... But I didn''t have a sore neck/shoulder to contend with... Its totally up to you hun... But he'd not have given them if he didn't trust they were OK.. xxx

I agree...will paracetamol not be enough? It's up to you hun. Xx

Back