Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

This is a question for anyone who knows anyone like me (a literal pain in the arse) and the lovely suzie!! ;-)

TMi alert too!! Gross poo detail coming up...

I'm 8 weeks post episiotomy and 6 weeks post it being re sutured, nearly 5 weeks post the stitches being removed as it was far too tight!
2 weeks ago my GP found more stitches to remove and since then pain wise has got lots better

All apart from one thing...bowel movements!!
When I go for a poo I am still in tears! I am bleeding (I think I reoccurring rip but not sure) and then left in pain for an hour or more! :-(
It feels like the poo is too big for the hole (sorry for tmi!!) I have taken softener for weeks but it hasn't really helped! Just helped with the constipation - now I'm going daily ( or there abouts) but it hurts me!! :-(

Is it possible that it's a smaller hole? Will they have stitched it up a bit?? Or what else? Is it just unfortunate timing? Do I mention it when go bk to hospital next week? Xx

Is pain where you was stitched or your bum? You might have hemeriods, (spelling?) As I got these after my son and bled when pooping and painful! Xx

Is pain where you was stitched or your bum? You might have hemeriods, (spelling?) As I got these after my son and bled when pooping and painful! Xx

How did u get those to go? Think I prob do have them but they are tiny (had them previously)
The stitching went b close to my bum which is why I'm thinking they may be linked?! X

Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: Brands, Feeding, Nursery, Bathing, Everything!

This is a question for anyone who knows anyone like me (a literal pain in the arse) and the lovely suzie!! ;-)

TMi alert too!! Gross poo detail coming up...

I'm 8 weeks post episiotomy and 6 weeks post it being re sutured, nearly 5 weeks post the stitches being removed as it was far too tight!
2 weeks ago my GP found more stitches to remove and since then pain wise has got lots better

All apart from one thing...bowel movements!!
When I go for a poo I am still in tears! I am bleeding (I think I reoccurring rip but not sure) and then left in pain for an hour or more! :-(
It feels like the poo is too big for the hole (sorry for tmi!!) I have taken softener for weeks but it hasn't really helped! Just helped with the constipation - now I'm going daily ( or there abouts) but it hurts me!! :-(

Is it possible that it's a smaller hole? Will they have stitched it up a bit?? Or what else? Is it just unfortunate timing? Do I mention it when go bk to hospital next week? Xx

Ah i feel for you hun. Chances are, and obviously can't tell without looking, but you will likely have quite few haemorrhoids both on the outside but if you have them there you def have them inside too. So that can the cause of the bleeding and the pain.
However, there may be an additional but separate problem with your stitches but that isn't something that will be helped by lactulose!
Definitely mention it next week at your appointment. Am guessing you haven't tried sex? Reason I ask is that if that is a problem too, you can maybe kill 2 birds with one stone when you go next week!
We've got problems in that dept following my epis and have been referred for physio etc so best to get it dealt with early one!
Xx

Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: Brands, Feeding, Nursery, Bathing, Everything!

You can just get the post giving birth hun.. They're very common.. And you can have "up" there a bit where you see or feel them...unless you're "going" Very possible I would think....

How's baby Frances? It won't be the paracetamol that's causing him/her to be a bit quiet so don't worry about that aspect of things! X

Ah i feel for you hun. Chances are, and obviously can't tell without looking, but you will likely have quite few haemorrhoids both on the outside but if you have them there you def have them inside too. So that can the cause of the bleeding and the pain. However, there may be an additional but separate problem with your stitches but that isn't something that will be helped by lactulose! Definitely mention it next week at your appointment. Am guessing you haven't tried sex? Reason I ask is that if that is a problem too, you can maybe kill 2 birds with one stone when you go next week! We've got problems in that dept following my epis and have been referred for physio etc so best to get it dealt with early one! Xx

No not tried it yet as was told not to until 6 weeks post re suturing (which is now) but there is nothing going in... I am way too swollen!! :-(
I might just tell them that is wasn't possible ... Not that I'm sharing too much info but my finger touching is too much! :-(
It's also v bumpy - it feels like I have a spot just on the outside but I don't it's dodgy knitting!! ;-( I could cry (again) I honestly could xx

Ok, well tell them all this next week. You've def been thru it haven't you! Obviously not having seen it or knowing the full history I can't say for sure but they may suggest you have proper reconstructive surgery if it's all a bit of a mess! Sorry, not meaning to be rude!
That's said, it does take time to heal and the nerves to all settle down and stop being sensitive, it's still early days x

Ok, well tell them all this next week. You've def been thru it haven't you! Obviously not having seen it or knowing the full history I can't say for sure but they may suggest you have proper reconstructive surgery if it's all a bit of a mess! Sorry, not meaning to be rude! That's said, it does take time to heal and the nerves to all settle down and stop being sensitive, it's still early days x

They did mention this previously and at one point I was waiting fr it to heal naturally then they would do it but every time I saw a doctor it was a diff person and one of them decided she would re suture the following day! (Haven't seen her since but I wouldn't be giving her a good review)!
The GP said it didn't look that bad considering but I'm not sure if he was just trying to be nice as I was crying! Lol.

If the do need to (or want to) restructure it how soon would that be? I'm going back to work January 20th so would want to be back at work a while before it was done (like mid May time as we have tests begining of May!) x

How's baby Frances? It won't be the paracetamol that's causing him/her to be a bit quiet so don't worry about that aspect of things! X

Quiet... But am not sure if its all in my head... There have been some rolls etc but less than usual..
Am gona wait n see when am home and relaxed on the sofa/bed and see.. That's usually when baby comes to life most... And if still worried i'll go in/ring up the hospital..

Just to let u know one born is on more 4 x

Hope bubba moves for you Frances xxx

Ok, well tell them all this next week. You've def been thru it haven't you! Obviously not having seen it or knowing the full history I can't say for sure but they may suggest you have proper reconstructive surgery if it's all a bit of a mess! Sorry, not meaning to be rude!
That's said, it does take time to heal and the nerves to all settle down and stop being sensitive, it's still early days x

Stupid phone! Sent the same thing again!
Re when they would want to do it I don't know. They often say to wait 3months and see how things are so that take it to end of jan is that right? See what they say though, if it's bad at the moment they might bring it forward? There will be lots of things they need to consider. Out of nosiness what tests are they?! Xx

How did u get those to go? Think I prob do have them but they are tiny (had them previously)
The stitching went b close to my bum which is why I'm thinking they may be linked?! X

i went to docs and got a cream for 'up there' which stopped the swelling and eventually went x

Stupid phone! Sent the same thing again! Re when they would want to do it I don't know. They often say to wait 3months and see how things are so that take it to end of jan is that right? See what they say though, if it's bad at the moment they might bring it forward? There will be lots of things they need to consider. Out of nosiness what tests are they?! Xx

Year 6 SATs - I love test time lol. The pressure and the build up - I work best under pressure :) x

Well baby is rolling around in there and currently has hiccups... Obviously just decided to have a quiet day... Great timing baby!! Great timing!!!

Re: Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: Brands, Feeding, Nursery, Bathing, Everything!

hi everyone,

I've got something wrong with my liver, the doc says the levelof bile salts should be between 30 -130 and mine are over 260, they have taken more blood to see that its not a viral infection or hepatitis etc she said they are ruling other stuff out, and if it is oc like she thinks then the only way to get rid of it is to have the baby, I've got to have a sweep on Friday then go back Monday for more blood took and hopefully a liver scan if they can fit me in but I've got to have one before i have the baby & im booked in to be induced on Saturday 21st, i really hope it will be over and done with for xmas eve, i want to be at home with my little mister for xmas, they have put me on them tablets you said about too Susie.x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

hi everyone, I've got something wrong with my liver, the doc says the levelof bile salts should be between 30 -130 and mine are over 260, they have taken more blood to see that its not a viral infection or hepatitis etc she said they are ruling other stuff out, and if it is oc like she thinks then the only way to get rid of it is to have the baby, I've got to have a sweep on Friday then go back Monday for more blood took and hopefully a liver scan if they can fit me in but I've got to have one before i have the baby & im booked in to be induced on Saturday 21st, i really hope it will be over and done with for xmas eve, i want to be at home with my little mister for xmas, they have put me on them tablets you said about too Susie.x Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thanks for letting us know. I can imagine it all sounds rather daunting but sounds like they are looking after you and will do the best thing for you and baby. A girl at work had something similar and was induced a fair few weeks early but was fine, so try stay as calm as possible. I know that's easy for me to say. Hugs x

hi everyone,

I've got something wrong with my liver, the doc says the levelof bile salts should be between 30 -130 and mine are over 260, they have taken more blood to see that its not a viral infection or hepatitis etc she said they are ruling other stuff out, and if it is oc like she thinks then the only way to get rid of it is to have the baby, I've got to have a sweep on Friday then go back Monday for more blood took and hopefully a liver scan if they can fit me in but I've got to have one before i have the baby & im booked in to be induced on Saturday 21st, i really hope it will be over and done with for xmas eve, i want to be at home with my little mister for xmas, they have put me on them tablets you said about too Susie.x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ah bless you hun, but as pj said you're being looked after and try will do the best thing for you both. Try to relax and not stress. Also, if you're not packed I suggest you do....sometimes these little people know their time is up and catch you out! Xx

hi everyone, I've got something wrong with my liver, the doc says the levelof bile salts should be between 30 -130 and mine are over 260, they have taken more blood to see that its not a viral infection or hepatitis etc she said they are ruling other stuff out, and if it is oc like she thinks then the only way to get rid of it is to have the baby, I've got to have a sweep on Friday then go back Monday for more blood took and hopefully a liver scan if they can fit me in but I've got to have one before i have the baby & im booked in to be induced on Saturday 21st, i really hope it will be over and done with for xmas eve, i want to be at home with my little mister for xmas, they have put me on them tablets you said about too Susie.x Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Sounds like they are on top of things, I hope the scan goes well and your all set for the go ahead next week xx

Back