Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Do baby movements increase drastically at this stage (31 weeks) ???
I'm so not complaining but this baby never stops lately. N it's not just the usual little wriggles. It's lotsa proper twists n turns. Some kicks which are quite strong and quite often.

Yep! Im 32 weeks and feels like I have a little ballerina in there at the moment. Lots of twirls and twists along with kicks and her going up to my ribs.
I also feel really full up if that makes sense? x

Yep! Im 32 weeks and feels like I have a little ballerina in there at the moment. Lots of twirls and twists along with kicks and her going up to my ribs.
I also feel really full up if that makes sense? x

Yes. That's exactly how I feel. The feet in the ribs is so painful/uncomfortable but I luv it :)

Re: Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: Brands, Feeding, Nursery, Bathing, Everything!

Freddie always moved loads so i think its normal lol.x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Re: Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: Brands, Feeding, Nursery, Bathing, Everything!

I've got a question, since last night (7 days after induction) I've had a bearing down feeling in my tuppy, then today we've done a bit of xmas shopping, only 3 hrs but its more than I've been doing, and the feeling is really strong, like my insides are going to fall out, it hurts when i first sit down, and i find it hard to squeeze my pelvic floor muscles, my hubby has said I've done too much and has ordered me to rest and do nothing for the rest of the day, i hope its just things healing and nothing worse like a prolapse or something, please let it be normal, the midwife who delivered Freddie, really hurt me when she checked my cervix to see how open it was, she really stretched it to get it to open and she did it twice, could it be because of that? or have i just done too much in the run up to xmas, the day after having him i was out shopping for clothes for him and i knocked myself up that day too so not done much since until today, but these bearing down feelings are weird.x

I've got a question, since last night (7 days after induction) I've had a bearing down feeling in my tuppy, then today we've done a bit of xmas shopping, only 3 hrs but its more than I've been doing, and the feeling is really strong, like my insides are going to fall out, it hurts when i first sit down, and i find it hard to squeeze my pelvic floor muscles, my hubby has said I've done too much and has ordered me to rest and do nothing for the rest of the day, i hope its just things healing and nothing worse like a prolapse or something, please let it be normal, the midwife who delivered Freddie, really hurt me when she checked my cervix to see how open it was, she really stretched it to get it to open and she did it twice, could it be because of that? or have i just done too much in the run up to xmas, the day after having him i was out shopping for clothes for him and i knocked myself up that day too so not done much since until today, but these bearing down feelings are weird.x Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

My friend said she felt that her insides were going to fall out. I can't say I did but then I had different problems!! Xx

My friend said she felt that her insides were going to fall out. I can't say I did but then I had different problems!! Xx

thanks cai, i hope its normal then, you deffo had different problems :) x

Not a prob or owt but thought I would post here.

Basically I have loadsa clothes in size 0-3 which haven't been worn or have only been work once. I'm panicking as hate things to go to waste so although I'm thinking 4 weeks or so would anybody be interested in any? I was thinking I could post pics and if anyone wanted them they could just pay for postage??
I recently sent 2 suits and bib and it cost about £2 first class - they were new so it obviously depends how much people wanted them. I also thought if it was 'successful' as an idea we could start a thread and others could do the same!
Most of my things I have taken tags off and washed cos I was 'organised' but I wouldn't do that again.

What do people think? Any interest?
Happy to charity shop things otherwise as long as they don't go to waste!'

I'll also have other bits like Stevie's sleeping bag (again in a couple of months although I doubt he will for in it for that long!!) x

Not a prob or owt but thought I would post here.

Basically I have loadsa clothes in size 0-3 which haven't been worn or have only been work once. I'm panicking as hate things to go to waste so although I'm thinking 4 weeks or so would anybody be interested in any? I was thinking I could post pics and if anyone wanted them they could just pay for postage??
I recently sent 2 suits and bib and it cost about £2 first class - they were new so it obviously depends how much people wanted them. I also thought if it was 'successful' as an idea we could start a thread and others could do the same!
Most of my things I have taken tags off and washed cos I was 'organised' but I wouldn't do that again.

What do people think? Any interest?
Happy to charity shop things otherwise as long as they don't go to waste!'

I'll also have other bits like Stevie's sleeping bag (again in a couple of months although I doubt he will for in it for that long!!) x

I think that's a fab idea and would also do the same once I've had baby too and he/she has grown out stuff. But I don't find out the sex until 20th Jan.... X

I think that's a fab idea Cai, I would be happy to gift on as well xx

Question regarding nappies, there are loads brands and loads of sizes, I wanted to start buying them this week so I have a good stock ready, what brand is best and how many of each size do you think? I'm all confused (doesn't take much though lol)

And wipes, I've been buying the asda little angels sensitive ones but I've had a few people look down their nose at the choice, I was only buying them because asda is convenient to me, but are they are bad choice? X

Question regarding nappies, there are loads brands and loads of sizes, I wanted to start buying them this week so I have a good stock ready, what brand is best and how many of each size do you think? I'm all confused (doesn't take much though lol) And wipes, I've been buying the asda little angels sensitive ones but I've had a few people look down their nose at the choice, I was only buying them because asda is convenient to me, but are they are bad choice? X

I got Pampers but was told not to buy too many just in case baby doesn't take to them. My nephew couldn't have the Huggies ones so my sister had to swap to Pampers when he was born. I got two boxes of newborn ones and a pack of the next size up but that's it, just in case. I was gonna do the stocking up thing until a few people on here mentioned that not all babies take to each brand.
With the wipes, I got Huggies, just because any others sting my skin (even Johnsons) so I got what I like then if baby can't have them for any reason I can use them myself. Sod what anyone thinks about your brand of choice though. I've heard the Asda ones are good, I just went with Huggies as I like them for myself too. Buy whatever you choose and like, bugger everyone else. Ooh nappy bag tip - if you've got a local Morrisons they do packs of 100 for 12p and my sister swears by them, they are the only ones she uses. So I've stocked up on those too!!! X

I got Pampers but was told not to buy too many just in case baby doesn't take to them. My nephew couldn't have the Huggies ones so my sister had to swap to Pampers when he was born. I got two boxes of newborn ones and a pack of the next size up but that's it, just in case. I was gonna do the stocking up thing until a few people on here mentioned that not all babies take to each brand. With the wipes, I got Huggies, just because any others sting my skin (even Johnsons) so I got what I like then if baby can't have them for any reason I can use them myself. Sod what anyone thinks about your brand of choice though. I've heard the Asda ones are good, I just went with Huggies as I like them for myself too. Buy whatever you choose and like, bugger everyone else. Ooh nappy bag tip - if you've got a local Morrisons they do packs of 100 for 12p and my sister swears by them, they are the only ones she uses. So I've stocked up on those too!!! X

I was planning on getting the pampers new baby sensitive so I think Like you I'll get 2 boxes and 1 box next size up, then maybe I'll be some gift vouchers for boots so at least I'm keeping money aside for them!

I use baby wipes for taking off make up so if she doesn't take to the asda ones, I'll just put them aside for me, I've got box of Huggies wipes that I picked up on offer as well, I've also got Johnson's that I got free with bounty so she's got plenty if for whatever reason she doesn't take to them, there's also good old fashioned cotton balls and warm water!

Thanks for the nappy bag tip, 12p is very good!! X

It might not surprise you to find out I wrote a list lol.
I was told not to overbuy in newborn size cos they aren't in them for longing there is an overlap. So I bought a pack of 50 thinking it would last 5 days approx. however when he finished the 50 we tried size 2's and they seemed too big for him so we got another 2 packs of size 1's and used them until her was about 4 weeks old. We r on size 2's now and still have all the smaller packs and 2 larger packs. They are still fitting him well even tho he is in the very top of the bracket for fitting him...so much so that when out recently I bought another pack of size 2's thinking we were low! Lol.

My friend has a 9 month old and he is in size 3's (she said could go to size 3+ but then would be in the same size as her 2 year old) so I decided that I was happy to let Stevie stay in size 2'a for now :)

I got pampers cos they were on offer and no other reason. It was ways my intention to mix and match nappies so he wasn't restricted but that hasn't panned out yet. So far I don't like the active fit as the tabs are shorter and they look less secure.

With wipes I bought them too when on offer and we have used a variety of them :) I have no preference as of yet and Stevie's been fine with them all :)

Pic below of my list

Attachments

• image-4053902035.jpg
    image-4053902035.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 53
It might not surprise you to find out I wrote a list lol. I was told not to overbuy in newborn size cos they aren't in them for longing there is an overlap. So I bought a pack of 50 thinking it would last 5 days approx. however when he finished the 50 we tried size 2's and they seemed too big for him so we got another 2 packs of size 1's and used them until her was about 4 weeks old. We r on size 2's now and still have all the smaller packs and 2 larger packs. They are still fitting him well even tho he is in the very top of the bracket for fitting him...so much so that when out recently I bought another pack of size 2's thinking we were low! Lol. My friend has a 9 month old and he is in size 3's (she said could go to size 3+ but then would be in the same size as her 2 year old) so I decided that I was happy to let Stevie stay in size 2'a for now :) I got pampers cos they were on offer and no other reason. It was ways my intention to mix and match nappies so he wasn't restricted but that hasn't panned out yet. So far I don't like the active fit as the tabs are shorter and they look less secure. With wipes I bought them too when on offer and we have used a variety of them :) I have no preference as of yet and Stevie's been fine with them all :) Pic below of my list

Brill thanks Cai! Out of curiosity all the apps say you use between 10 and 12 nappies a day, is that an over estimation or about right? I want to try and make sure I've got at least fortnights worth when she comes..

It's all suddenly feeling very very real!!

I would recommend not buying too many packs of the same brand! We're having an issue with pampers at the moment and leakage (Seth's in size 1 which should be perfect for him size wise but leak up his back) and we have tonnes of them :(

I would recommend not buying too many packs of the same brand! We're having an issue with pampers at the moment and leakage (Seth's in size 1 which should be perfect for him size wise but leak up his back) and we have tonnes of them :(

Oh no :( can't you complain to pampers or where you bought them from and hopefully be able to swap them, perhaps it's a faulty batch :-/

Oh no :( can't you complain to pampers or where you bought them from and hopefully be able to swap them, perhaps it's a faulty batch :-/

I dunno, I think they are just too big for him :/ The weight range is 4-11lbs which he is nicely in the middle of but they just seem huge! I have two packs of size 2 as well as tonnes of size 1 which I daren't open. I've got not receipts so can't return them :/

We also tried Naty Baby (the biodegradable nappies which we liked) so gonna switch to them I think. Boots own brand I thought were a bit crap! xxx

I dunno, I think they are just too big for him :/ The weight range is 4-11lbs which he is nicely in the middle of but they just seem huge! I have two packs of size 2 as well as tonnes of size 1 which I daren't open. I've got not receipts so can't return them :/ We also tried Naty Baby (the biodegradable nappies which we liked) so gonna switch to them I think. Boots own brand I thought were a bit crap! xxx

Of it's cod they r too big he will hire into them!!

Might sound daft but are u pulling them tight enough? We've had leaks when they weren't tight enough. It takes hours for Stevie 's wee to reach the back of the nappies do they often don't get filled ... Unless u r referring to poo leaks :-/ cx

Brill thanks Cai! Out of curiosity all the apps say you use between 10 and 12 nappies a day, is that an over estimation or about right? I want to try and make sure I've got at least fortnights worth when she comes.. It's all suddenly feeling very very real!!

I think to start with we went through about 8 a day - then it dipped a touch. Now I'd say we use 6 during the day and then once change at night if he is awake enough.

I'm prob going to spin like a right tight meanie now but that's roughly what we use!! Not suffered nappy rash but have put cream on a hand ful of times only xx

To be fair my mum laughed and said you don't use 12 a day of you did you'd be bankrupt the price of nappies I just wanted to confirm with new mummies xx

Back