Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: Brands, Feeding, Nursery, Bathing, Everything!

To be fair my mum laughed and said you don't use 12 a day of you did you'd be bankrupt the price of nappies I just wanted to confirm with new mummies xx

It does depend in the early days on the poo front but i would say we tend to use about 6 a day now. I do use the reusable/washable ones where I can and it's convenient but I'm but no means religious about it!
We have tried several brands of disposable ones, all are ok though Abigail is a soaker so aldi ones whilst fine for the day don't last longer than 8 hrs so no good for night time due to leaks.

We really like sainsburys ones, they are good value and cheaper than pampers and they do offers a lot such as 3 packs for 15 quid. However, similar problem with nights but not as bad as aldi, only when she poos.

But in order that she stays dry all night we have gone back to pampers baby dry but only for night time as they are so expensive!

We use cotton wool and water wipe wise. She got nappy rash with anything else. If it's really badly smeared everywhere I do have a pack of wipes (whatever was on offer, asda, sainsburys, tesco, aldi!) and then I rinse off with water.

I know a lot of people who order them off amazon though once they have found a brand they like? Xx

I've bought pampers size 1 and 2 but not many just in case they don't take.
If I was home I'd definitely be buying the Asda brand as heard from a lot of people they've swapped from pampers and huggies to them.

I've bought lots of Johnson's wipes as not sure of the supermarket brands here but then got told pampers sensitive ones are better so now I'm confused?! Starting with cotton wool and water anyway.

Also never had a problem myself with Johnson's wipes but last time I used them for my face it was burning and red for ages and had to wipe it off, don't know if it's just a pregnancy thing?!

Right wow lots of chat to catch up, I love it!!

Cai- fab idea about selling clothes. There used to be a SW clothes thread so perhaps we could start a baby clothes thread?? Definitely up for it.

Nappies- we have a right selection, basically through vouchers we received so we have some pampers new baby sensitive ones, some boots ones and some morrisons ones. We also have some freebies from aldi and pampers. Basically going to see which fits best and go with those. May try sains too because that's where we do our main shop so will be easiest.

Wet wipes- we were told only to use water wipes or cotton wool/water to begin with but then after that try wipes. Once again we have ones which we got with vouchers so couple of packs of water wipes then some boots sensitive ones and pampers extra sensitive new born ones.... Plus cotton wool and hopefully water from the taps :)

I think it is a bit of a wait and see what works best for your baby, but I wasn't not going to have some in the house ready.

Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: Brands, Feeding, Nursery, Bathing, Everything!

To be fair my mum laughed and said you don't use 12 a day of you did you'd be bankrupt the price of nappies I just wanted to confirm with new mummies xx

It does depend in the early days on the poo front but i would say we tend to use about 6 a day now. I do use the reusable/washable ones where I can and it's convenient but I'm but no means religious about it!
We have tried several brands of disposable ones, all are ok though Abigail is a soaker so aldi ones whilst fine for the day don't last longer than 8 hrs so no good for night time due to leaks.

We really like sainsburys ones, they are good value and cheaper than pampers and they do offers a lot such as 3 packs for 15 quid. However, similar problem with nights but not as bad as aldi, only when she poos.

But in order that she stays dry all night we have gone back to pampers baby dry but only for night time as they are so expensive!

We use cotton wool and water wipe wise. She got nappy rash with anything else. If it's really badly smeared everywhere I do have a pack of wipes (whatever was on offer, asda, sainsburys, tesco, aldi!) and then I rinse off with water.

I know a lot of people who order them off amazon though once they have found a brand they like? Xx

Re: Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: Brands, Feeding, Nursery, Bathing, Everything!

Has anyone else had this or know if its normal? I've got midwife coming tomoz so I'll ask her but was just wondering???

I've got a question, since last night (7 days after induction) I've had a bearing down feeling in my tuppy, then today we've done a bit of xmas shopping, only 3 hrs but its more than I've been doing, and the feeling is really strong, like my insides are going to fall out, it hurts when i first sit down, and i find it hard to squeeze my pelvic floor muscles, my hubby has said I've done too much and has ordered me to rest and do nothing for the rest of the day, i hope its just things healing and nothing worse like a prolapse or something, please let it be normal, the midwife who delivered Freddie, really hurt me when she checked my cervix to see how open it was, she really stretched it to get it to open and she did it twice, could it be because of that? or have i just done too much in the run up to xmas, the day after having him i was out shopping for clothes for him and i knocked myself up that day too so not done much since until today, but these bearing down feelings are weird.x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Question regarding nappies, there are loads brands and loads of sizes, I wanted to start buying them this week so I have a good stock ready, what brand is best and how many of each size do you think? I'm all confused (doesn't take much though lol)

And wipes, I've been buying the asda little angels sensitive ones but I've had a few people look down their nose at the choice, I was only buying them because asda is convenient to me, but are they are bad choice? X

Depends on baby too, I stocked up on few boxes huggies but Jacob got awful rash with them. So we used pampers.
As for wipes I personally preferred huggies as the pampers were too thin. We got a box of 8 for about £5 I think that's what we paid anyway, not bought wipes for a while now Jacob doing well with potty training :)

As for sizes j can't quite remember how much we used :/ he wasn't in the newborn and 1 nd 2 sizes for too long, stuck more to 3/4 as he become 1yrs+ so depends how fast baby grows xx

Missed all this yesterday. Missy.. Are u sure his tinkle facing down when yer closing the nappy?? Jono's SIL had awful trouble with leaking nappies til she spoke his mam about it!! Once his tinkle was placed properly, no more leaks,...
I've not stocked up on too many nappies but a couple packs in different brands as my nephews were so sensitive they cudnt wear pampers r huggies n only Tesco own didn't leav them with a rash. I think it's coz the bigger brands add stuff to them. Like add aloe Vera for softness or balm this n that. They're skin is too new n sensitive for all that crap.
Wipes, ill b using cotton wool n warm water for the first 6 ish months n see from there. But I do hav a couple packs of water wipes for the nappy bag if out n about n for emergencies. Same thing with all the companies adding stuff to them...
I also will only b using clear water in baths. Babies don't need soap to b clean. They just need a rinse to freshen. They don't so allot!!!
Not sure what ill use after a couple of months but most def will not b Johnsons... Even I break out in a rash from their products...

Just want to wish you all a very happy Christmas!!!! :D haven't had a chance to catch up with you all so thought I'd do a group message ;)

Have fun and enjoy!

Lots of love,
Jess and bump xxxxxx

Just want to wish you all a very happy Christmas!!!! :D haven't had a chance to catch up with you all so thought I'd do a group message ;) Have fun and enjoy! Lots of love, Jess and bump xxxxxx

Same to you lovely. Hope you all have a fantastic Christmas. Just think, next Christmas you'll have a ten month old!! Yay xxx

Just want to wish you all a very happy Christmas!!!! :D haven't had a chance to catch up with you all so thought I'd do a group message ;) Have fun and enjoy! Lots of love, Jess and bump xxxxxx

Aw, same to you!

Happy Christmas to everyone from me and Seth xxx

Was just popping in for same reason. Been mega busy the last few days but popping in when I can

Want to wish each n every one of u luvly ladies n bumps n babies a fab Christmas. Thank u to each n every one of u for ur advice support tips giggles n listening to me go in for the past 12 months. Luv u all xxxxxxxxxx

Have a very merry Christmas ladies, bumps and newborns xxx

Hey ladies need some advice!

I've had a terrible cough for approx 2 weeks now. But recently the past week I've been 'leak' coughing so I bought panty liners. But these past few days it's been more and more to the point I wet myself. It's not because I'm needing the toilet either. It's getting me so upset and down as I can't go out and changing showering Atleast 4x a day!! :'( :'(

Hey ladies need some advice!

I've had a terrible cough for approx 2 weeks now. But recently the past week I've been 'leak' coughing so I bought panty liners. But these past few days it's been more and more to the point I wet myself. It's not because I'm needing the toilet either. It's getting me so upset and down as I can't go out and changing showering Atleast 4x a day!! :'( :'(

It's prob just weak pelvis floor muscles hun from having Jacob n now being preg again
If ur worried it might b amniotic fluid leaking, go to maternity a&e...
If u smell the PL (rank I know!) n it's at all sweet smelling... Go to a&e...

It's prob just weak pelvis floor muscles hun from having Jacob n now being preg again
If ur worried it might b amniotic fluid leaking, go to maternity a&e...
If u smell the PL (rank I know!) n it's at all sweet smelling... Go to a&e...

Thanks hun, yeah I do the exercises all the time but really shocked how bad I am, it's only eoth the awful cough it Happens when have them tickly coughing fits :/

Merry Christmas everyone too xXxX

Happy Christmas everyone!!

Hopefully it's just weak muscles Jess xx

At what age can you and would you take a newborn abroad?. By aeroplane.. x

At what age can you and would you take a newborn abroad?. By aeroplane.. x

I think it depends on the airline Hun. I don't think they have to be very old at all.

My personal stance on it is that I wouldn't take a baby on a plane. That comes from the fact that I've never liked flying and don't want to pass my fear on, plus you can't explain to a baby why their ears are hurting etc. But then again I know lots of people who do it. I think that you'd be better taking a baby than a toddler if you go regularly though. My two year old nephew has never been on a plane and I can't imagine he'd sit still long enough - there'd be a riot on the plane. If you're the sort of person who goes abroad a lot then it's probably better to get them used to it younger but neither me or Tom are that bothered about abroad holidays so won't be taking ours on one for years.

I also think it depends where you are going. I know someone who took a 6 week old to Cyprus in August. I just don't think it's fair to have them in that heat. But then again people do, it's everyone's personal choice. I don't ever judge anyone for their choices and I wouldn't expect anyone to judge me for mine so just do what's best for you and your family.

Back