Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Thanks for that. . Yeah I'm due beg of June and friends are on about going abroad Sept/Aug time for a in memory day for a friend we lost on Xmas eve. I think doing sky diving! But im really really unsure with taking baby. Yes it will be lower heat than usual but also worried with the flight etc like you mentioned.... Think il get them to do something in the UK then I can still attend.
We was also thinking holiday at same time as we did plan to go away but again with been due June I'm second thinking it all and may try an find somewhere to go on holiday here. Just not Butlins as we did that last year x

We're having baby in Bahrain so we've decided to wait until baby is 3 months before coming home for a visit.
Our friends came out with a 3 month old to see us they said it was a good age as she mostly slept on plane, can only hope ours does the same! :p

I'm not a fan of planes and we don't have valid passports anyway so it's not an issue for us but one of my friends took her daughter to Mauritius at 3 months old with no problems - she slept through the whole flight apparently and was good as gold. They travel a lot though so they wanted to start her getting used to it early - she's now just over a year old and has been abroad four times already!

So looks like 3 months is like the youngest. Which is after all vaccinations.... I'm in 2 minds as like mentioned the heat, would need to be in constant shade, plus I wouldnt want to take my new pram as I know there thrown about in transport.... :/
Would anyone recommend somewhere in UK that's good for just turned 3 year old?

We did take Jacob abroad few days after his 1st birthday and he was really good, not too sure how he'd be this time round either.

I think u can bring very newborn but depends on airline like Sarah said

Personally I have to agree that I wouldn't take them on a plane til 4 r 5 ish... I don't think it's fair on their poor little ears first of all. Then I wouldn't trust the dodgy water. We see what it does to our tummies n they'd b using allot more than we would. Then at toddler age I don't think it's fair to expect them to sit n b quiet for hours. Nor is it fair on other passengers to hav to listen to them kicking up coz lets face it... They're gona after a couple hours sat in one place with little to do... But that's just my opinion... :)

So looks like 3 months is like the youngest. Which is after all vaccinations.... I'm in 2 minds as like mentioned the heat, would need to be in constant shade, plus I wouldnt want to take my new pram as I know there thrown about in transport.... :/
Would anyone recommend somewhere in UK that's good for just turned 3 year old?

We did take Jacob abroad few days after his 1st birthday and he was really good, not too sure how he'd be this time round either.

What about butlins?? I know a couple of friends of mine sail over there every year for the past 4 r 5 years n their kids love it.. Ranging in ages from 7 down to 1...

went to butins last year, will take a look at center parcs x

I went to Center Parcs at Sherwood Forest a couple of years ago and enjoyed it. In fact, we'd booked it for our minimoon but have had to postpone it a bit now. X

We go to Primrose Valley with my sister, bil & nephew sometimes but I suppose that's not really much of a holiday for you seeing as you don't live too far away ;-) haha x

Hi Ladies,

Just messaged Pierce regarding having the new "Mummy & Baby" section set up soon, so fingers crossed this can happen :) Then once our babies are born there will be a section for your diaries to be moved to if you want. I know I'll probably move mine there and stay put then as it will help me through motherhood, weight loss etc and even ttc again when the time comes. :)

I'll let you know what Pierce says but fingers crossed xx

Hi Ladies, Just messaged Pierce regarding having the new "Mummy & Baby" section set up soon, so fingers crossed this can happen :) Then once our babies are born there will be a section for your diaries to be moved to if you want. I know I'll probably move mine there and stay put then as it will help me through motherhood, weight loss etc and even ttc again when the time comes. :) I'll let you know what Pierce says but fingers crossed xx

That's a fab idea. I know there's a parent and carers bit somewhere on here but nobody ever uses it and I think it would be better to be in this section so it's easier to go between sections, from ttc to after baby. I'd definitely move my diary too!!
Pierce - we all think it's a fab idea!!! Please let us have it :)

Does anyone else still have, holy crap I'm having a baby moments?? Every now and again I'll look down at my bump I think how did that happen?? I'm gonna be a mam eek!! I'm feeling proper scared all of sudden!

Last edited:
Does anyone else still have, holy crap I'm having a baby moments?? Every now and again I'll look down at my bump I think how did that happen?? I'm gonna be a mam eek!! I'm feeling proper scared all of sudden!

I still get holy crap I have a baby moments! Normally when I'm out in public! Lol x

Yes.. Am getting that allot this last couple of days.. Every time I've put something else in baby's room or I fixed up the pram today (BF had it all ar5eways) n am just like oh F*CK!!!

PS.. not sure if you noticed.. But you've 98 days til yer due date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I do get that too...but I also get the being in total denial bit too... I'm convinced everyone has made a mistake and I'm not really having a baby! I'm sure I'm going to get to hospital and there won't be a baby lol. I see babies being born all the time on one born etc and I just cannot imagine the midwives passing me MY baby?!?!

Sometimes I sit here and I think... Nah....the sonographers have made a mistake...midwives too! There's no baby in there...the movements I'm feeling is something else.... I'm just growing a belly because I've eaten too much lol I just can't get my head around it! I really don't think I'll believe it until I actually watch myself give birth to mine and johns baby!!! Even then ill still be in disbelief! :) xx

I still get holy crap I have a baby moments! Normally when I'm out in public! Lol x

Lol it's not ending anytime soon then?!
Yes.. Am getting that allot this last couple of days.. Every time I've put something else in baby's room or I fixed up the pram today (BF had it all ar5eways) n am just like oh F*CK!!! PS.. not sure if you noticed.. But you've 98 days til yer due date!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I know eeeeek!! Maybe that's why these holy crap moments are coming more regularly?!

I've seen hubby look at me a few times and go oh sh!t as well lol

I do get that too...but I also get the being in total denial bit too... I'm convinced everyone has made a mistake and I'm not really having a baby! I'm sure I'm going to get to hospital and there won't be a baby lol. I see babies being born all the time on one born etc and I just cannot imagine the midwives passing me MY baby?!?! Sometimes I sit here and I think... Nah....the sonographers have made a mistake...midwives too! There's no baby in there...the movements I'm feeling is something else.... I'm just growing a belly because I've eaten too much lol I just can't get my head around it! I really don't think I'll believe it until I actually watch myself give birth to mine and johns baby!!! Even then ill still be in disbelief! :) xx

I've had that as well!! Especially for the first 20 weeks, I was like nah it's not real lol

Back