Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

I still get holy crap I have a baby moments! Normally when I'm out in public! Lol x

Me too! Although not done much of the being out yet lol ;) Still can't believe that someone let me take a baby home and be responsible for it lol ;) xxx

Me too! Although not done much of the being out yet lol ;) Still can't believe that someone let me take a baby home and be responsible for it lol ;) xxx

I think that. These people will let me walk out of the hospital with a tiny little baby and that it, it's our responsibility then. Eek xx

I can't wait to be a mummy and believe it is going to happen. I'm in denial about actually giving birth though. Nerves haven't hit in yet and I haven't fully realised how painful it's going to be. I cry when I bash my little toe on the bed so what am I going to be like delivering a baby!!!

Ah it's not that painful, I've been at it days....haha. I was nervous about the pain but now I'm here I want it. Never wanted to be in pain so much in my life!!!

Girls....I woke up this morning for my usual wee and noticed that my lady bits were a little swollen?! Not itchy, sore, in pain or anything like that and everything seems totally normal (so I know there's no infection) - but my bits are just a bit swollen???

Is this normal for later on in pregnancy?! Does it mean anything?! Xx

Girls....I woke up this morning for my usual wee and noticed that my lady bits were a little swollen?! Not itchy, sore, in pain or anything like that and everything seems totally normal (so I know there's no infection) - but my bits are just a bit swollen???

Is this normal for later on in pregnancy?! Does it mean anything?! Xx

Yes unfortunately normal. Some people end up with varicose veins down there! I got one but it went afterwards. It's to do with increasing pressure of baby on your veins etc and everything gets a bit clogged up! Try not to sit for too long on your bum, and keep your legs up when sitting if you can. It will all go away afterwards - promise! Xx

Question - since Seth was born I'm having a couple of odd things going on which I forgot to ask the midwives about and I've now been discharged so not sure who to ask.

I seem to be up more in the night needing a wee more than when I was pregnant - is this normal? Also I keep waking up in a cold sweat! It's grim, I wake up wet through and it's freaking me out. Have never sweated so much in my life! Normal? Also my feet and hands are still quite swollen, should they have gone down by now? It's been two weeks since Seth was born...

Thanks in advance! xxx

i can't answer that Sarah but just wanted to tell you, its happening to me too, so your not alone, i wake up wet through in cold sweats nearly every night, and my ankles and fingers are still puffy i can't fit all my rings back on yet, i keep having sore goose pimpled skin all over like it feel when your getting poorly, but then its gone by morning?.x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Maybe it's just the hormones settling back down and your body working it's way back to a normal state. Remember people say it takes 9 months for the body to recover fully. If your concerned I would ring someone I'm sure it would be no harm. Xx

Question - since Seth was born I'm having a couple of odd things going on which I forgot to ask the midwives about and I've now been discharged so not sure who to ask.

I seem to be up more in the night needing a wee more than when I was pregnant - is this normal? Also I keep waking up in a cold sweat! It's grim, I wake up wet through and it's freaking me out. Have never sweated so much in my life! Normal? Also my feet and hands are still quite swollen, should they have gone down by now? It's been two weeks since Seth was born...

Thanks in advance! xxx

Hi hun, yes I got the sweats too, quite normal it seems! All to do with hormones going back to normal, if you think menopause women cos their hormones are changing it's similar I think. Mine lasted about a month I think and then went.
Weeing loads is normal too, you carry a lot of extra water when you're pregnant and your body needs to get rid. You tend to wee more at night cos your blood flow to your kidneys is better as you're horizontal and it's more efficient to flow sideways if you get me! Try and make sure you're drinking plenty though-sounds counter productive I know but if your wee is strong

Sent by accident!!
As I was saying if your wee is strong it will irritate your bladder and make you want to go more.
Lastly swollen fingers etc will disappear eventually. It took me 4 months to get my rings back on comfortably!

How's feeding going bye? Xx

That all makes sense - thanks Susie!

Hoping the sweats in particular go, I feel mega grim every day when I wake up :/ Hope it clears off for you too Saz xxx

Maybe it's just the hormones settling back down and your body working it's way back to a normal state. Remember people say it takes 9 months for the body to recover fully. If your concerned I would ring someone I'm sure it would be no harm. Xx

9 months! Crikey, never heard that one. I figured it was probably normal but nice to have it confirmed :) xxx

I always get slightly emotional at new years...I think this year in particular because it really hasn't been easy for me and my husband/family. Lots of stress and upset. The two good things about 2013 is obviously falling pregnant and *touch wood* so far having a healthy pregnancy, but another thing (I hope you don't find this sad!) but is coming on minis and "meeting" you lovely lot. :)

I don't think I could have done the last 7 months without each and every one of you. You've all helped me along this wonderful journey and I just wish I could give you all a big hug x

2014 is truly going to be an amazing year, I can feel it. :) For most of us on here, it's going to begin with having our babies (if you haven't already had them!) and beginning a new and exciting life :).

Thanks so much for everything! Happy New Year all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Love you all xxx

Awww that's so nice!!

2013 has been a pants year for me ...apart from Stevie...who wants to wish u all a happy new year xxx and he also wants u to hurry with his play mates!!

Attachments

• image-4024587476.jpg
    image-4024587476.jpg
    488.7 KB · Views: 67
Awww that's so nice!!

2013 has been a pants year for me ...apart from Stevie...who wants to wish u all a happy new year xxx and he also wants u to hurry with his play mates!!

I think I've just died!!! he is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO freaking GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh I LOVE his outfit :D :D :D xxxx

Aw Stevie! <3

Happy new year to you all - thank you for having me back ladies, couldn't have got through this year without you all. Thank you, all of you, from me and Mr Seth xxx

Back