Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Awww that's so nice!! 2013 has been a pants year for me ...apart from Stevie...who wants to wish u all a happy new year xxx and he also wants u to hurry with his play mates!!

Awwwwww that outfit is just the cutest on little Stevie!!

Happy new year ladies, thanks for welcoming me this year 2014 is going to awesome :D

Aww Stevie he's gorgeous!

Jess bless you. But I know what you mean. I've only been here a few months and you lot are fab. I didn't do antenatal classes cos I knew a lot of it as I teach them, but I feel I missed out on making friends with babies the same age but you lot have taken their place! I just wish we all lived nearer each other! Then we could meet for coffee and baby cuddles!

Anyhow, happy new year lovely people. Here's to lots of happy healthy pregnancies, mummies and baby's in 2014. Can't wait xxxxx

Awww that's so nice!!

2013 has been a pants year for me ...apart from Stevie...who wants to wish u all a happy new year xxx and he also wants u to hurry with his play mates!!

omg he is so cute, that is the most gorgeous pic :) xxxx happy New year.x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

happy New year to you all. i am having the best new years eve of my life, my little man has been allowed home today, he was meant to be in till tomorrow but his canular stopped working so he's got 6 days of oral medicine instead of 5, i think i will be in bed before 12, im just waiting for Freddie to wake up fir a feed then i hope he will go straight back to sleep because im shattered lol. im so happy that Freddie is getting better and my little family is back together, I've only managed to sleep once at hospital because callum was sluffened wanting me so Carl's had to sleep there and I've missed my baby and hubby so much, im so happy they are home, and i am not only seeing them for a few hours every day. happy New year all of you.xxxx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Sazbirl so glad hes home!!

Want to wish all ypu lovely ladies a happy new year. hope you have a good one and 2014 brings lots of happy times.

This year was pretty good with celebrations, holiday, surgery to get my knees better and of course falling pregnant :)
Also the bad of Jacob having accident and having surgery to stitch his eyebrow and the death of such a close friend... But as we know every year we have amazing times aswell as the sad hard times.
Hopefully us girls here can help though anything next year we may stumble across.

Have a good one xxxxx

Happy New Year everyone!!

So glad he's home Saz :)

Aw Saz, that's brilliant news! So glad you've had your boy home for new year and that he's on the mend at last xxx

Awww look at little Stevie he is just too darn cute! :)

Jess I agree with you its been fab sharing our journey with each other and although I don't know any of you personally I certainly feel like you are all good friends which is lovely and it's so exciting to see these gorgeous babies arriving! :)

Saz I'm so pleased you had your little man home for NYE and he's on the mend. Bless him, heres to a happy healthy 2014 for him with no more trips to hospital! :)

Happy New year girls hope you all had a fab evening with your babies or bumps! JoeyJoJo you are next ;) can't wait for your BA! :D

Awwww thanks ladies for all the kind comments about Stevie in his outfit! I don't post pics for the compliments - promise!! Lol.

Anyway - advice needed.

Since Stevie was poorly his sleeping at night has been worse!!

He still goes to bed (knackered) between 7:30 and 9pm - basically when he is tired. He wakes for a bottle normally before midnight. And he used to sleep through till 5/6am where as now he is awake twice again before 6am -

Last night he was awake for a bottle 11:30-12:30. Then 2:30-3:15, 4:30-5:20 which is when I have in and he slept in our bed till nearly 7am when hubby got up with him.

At 2:30 he ate nearly a full bottle but wasn't happy! He thrashes about in bed, lifting and slamming his legs down etc. When I winded him after his bottle he farted loads too! I don't know why etc.

My mother suggested a couple of spoons of baby rice with his last bottle (11:30 one) hoping it will keep him full like it used to but that doesn't solve the trashing and farting - any suggestions? Should I switch formula to the comfort aptimal one? Xx

Poor boy, is he full of wind? Especially if he's farting lots! Seth does the thrashing around thing when he's got trapped wind and the only thing that solves it is a good fart or throwing up a bit of his feed. Even if we wind him it happens sometimes. He only does it at night though! The HV suggested raising the top end of his Moses basket and we're trying that tonight as he had a couple of sicky incidents last night. Might be worth trying that? xxx

Poor boy, is he full of wind? Especially if he's farting lots! Seth does the thrashing around thing when he's got trapped wind and the only thing that solves it is a good fart or throwing up a bit of his feed. Even if we wind him it happens sometimes. He only does it at night though! The HV suggested raising the top end of his Moses basket and we're trying that tonight as he had a couple of sicky incidents last night. Might be worth trying that? xxx

Well in his cot it's a bit harder - when he was ill they said put some books under one end, and in the end I used a pillow to raise him but only for 2-3 nights to help him.
It's so hard when they can say what is wrong!! But I don't understand why some much wind is gathering - I know I burp him as well as humanly possible. Could he have a slight allergy to something in his feed??
Mind u that can't b the same for Seth if he's on the boob still! Xx

Well in his cot it's a bit harder - when he was ill they said put some books under one end, and in the end I used a pillow to raise him but only for 2-3 nights to help him. It's so hard when they can say what is wrong!! But I don't understand why some much wind is gathering - I know I burp him as well as humanly possible. Could he have a slight allergy to something in his feed?? Mind u that can't b the same for Seth if he's on the boob still! Xx

That's what they said to us, put a book under the end. I'm confused with Seth tbh, apparently boob fed babies have less wind but Seth is the fartiest baby ever and he spat up his feed twice last night :/

It could be the milk I guess, Aptimil Comfort is meant to be brill for sicky/windy babies? There's anti colic bottles too, we have the MAM bottles for Seth and he gets on well with them...

That's what they said to us, put a book under the end. I'm confused with Seth tbh, apparently boob fed babies have less wind but Seth is the fartiest baby ever and he spat up his feed twice last night :/ It could be the milk I guess, Aptimil Comfort is meant to be brill for sicky/windy babies? There's anti colic bottles too, we have the MAM bottles for Seth and he gets on well with them...

We have the anti colic + tops for the tommee tippee bottles but I've no idea what difference it makes!!

I've heard the comfort formula is less harsh on tummies - why aren't all formula made out of it if that's true?? :-/ xxx

We have the anti colic + tops for the tommee tippee bottles but I've no idea what difference it makes!! I've heard the comfort formula is less harsh on tummies - why aren't all formula made out of it if that's true?? :-/ xxx

I dunno tbh, it could all just be a marketing thing... You'd think that all formula would be pretty much the same! xxx

Not a question but for anyone who is interested in baby wearing, here's Seth in our Close Caboo! We got it second hand from a baby wearing group on fb and it's brilliant - easy to put on once you know how and Seth is so content in it, I've had it on for a couple of hours now and he's been fast asleep the whole time, bless him <3 It's so nice to wear, it's like having lots of baby cuddles but you get your hands free too. Been wearing it at a friends house so that I have my hands free for board gaming but Seth is still snuggled up and it's worked brilliantly so far! Love how happy he looks :D xxx

Attachments

• image-1378075350.jpg
    image-1378075350.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 80
  • image-1407284717.jpg
    image-1407284717.jpg
    335.8 KB · Views: 62
Awwww thanks ladies for all the kind comments about Stevie in his outfit! I don't post pics for the compliments - promise!! Lol.

Anyway - advice needed.

Since Stevie was poorly his sleeping at night has been worse!!

He still goes to bed (knackered) between 7:30 and 9pm - basically when he is tired. He wakes for a bottle normally before midnight. And he used to sleep through till 5/6am where as now he is awake twice again before 6am -

Last night he was awake for a bottle 11:30-12:30. Then 2:30-3:15, 4:30-5:20 which is when I have in and he slept in our bed till nearly 7am when hubby got up with him.

At 2:30 he ate nearly a full bottle but wasn't happy! He thrashes about in bed, lifting and slamming his legs down etc. When I winded him after his bottle he farted loads too! I don't know why etc.

My mother suggested a couple of spoons of baby rice with his last bottle (11:30 one) hoping it will keep him full like it used to but that doesn't solve the trashing and farting - any suggestions? Should I switch formula to the comfort aptimal one? Xx

Hi hun, firstly I would definitely suggest you don't put baby rice in his bottle at night. As you say it will not solve the problem and it can also cause allergies etc even though only rice. Their gut isn't 'closed' until at least 17 weeks and it may make it worse as his digestive system isn't designed to cope with food which is effectively what it is. And any health visitor would tell you the same!

So, how many weeks is he? It might be a growth spurt? How many oz does he have? And how often? Also has anything else changed? Different formula? Maybe a new carton? Has his poo changed?
You may need to wind him more than usual and also do a bit of tummy massage and cycling his legs to help the wind pass.
It may just be one of those things for a few days and then settle down again if he has a bit of an upset tummy.
Xx

Back