Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Its not while actually IN labour I'm worried about.. Its the build up and all the checks they do while your on your way to labour that I'd like to be tidy for... While IN labour I have no doubts I won't give a rats.. But its the before n after that I'm concerned about...
LOL

Evening ladies bumps and babies :) I'm at 27 weeks and every time I sit forward or bend I feel like I'm being winded and the whole area seems like it stretches 3 inches above belly button, is that where the top of my uterus is now?

How's everyone else doing? X

Last edited:
Evening ladies bumps and babies :) I'm at 27 weeks and every time I sit forward or bend I feel like I'm being winded and the whole area seems like it stretches 3 inches above belly button, is that where the top of my uterus is now?

Hi Shenzi :)

It could well be the top of your uterus and you may find that baby is tucked up there too - i tend to find when mine tucks it's self up at the top i can feel very stretched when i move. Now at 33 weeks i often have a little bum and legs tucked up beneath my ribs and that does feel like it's winding me if i sit down or move too quickly. Hopefully baby will move a bit for you to ease it x

Yea sounds like bubba is squishing up against everything.. Weird feeling isn't it?!

Hope you're well? Xx

Hi Shenzi :) It could well be the top of your uterus and you may find that baby is tucked up there too - i tend to find when mine tucks it's self up at the top i can feel very stretched when i move. Now at 33 weeks i often have a little bum and legs tucked up beneath my ribs and that does feel like it's winding me if i sit down or move too quickly. Hopefully baby will move a bit for you to ease it x
Yea sounds like bubba is squishing up against everything.. Weird feeling isn't it?! Hope you're well? Xx

Very weird! Again though it's kind of nice feeling, let's me know she's there!

I'm doing ok, just wishing the next 12 weeks away! X

Very weird! Again though it's kind of nice feeling, let's me know she's there!

I'm doing ok, just wishing the next 12 weeks away! X

Some mornings when I'd be putting on my shoes or socks I couldn't bend enough to get them on as she'd be stuck right there n I'd feel I was squashing her.. And obviously was winding myself at the same time!!
Then other morning's it'd feel like there was nothing there at all.. Depending on what position she was in.. It amazes me how she can hide so well in there sometimes.. Surely its not that big in there??!!! lol

Oh honestly don't wish it away.. It just goes in the blink of an eye..
I can't believe I've only 6 weeks to go... I want to enjoy every last minute of it being just me n my girl.. As soon enough i'll have to share her with everyone :( As excited as I am to meet her... I love it being just me n her... xxx

Some mornings when I'd be putting on my shoes or socks I couldn't bend enough to get them on as she'd be stuck right there n I'd feel I was squashing her.. And obviously was winding myself at the same time!!
Then other morning's it'd feel like there was nothing there at all.. Depending on what position she was in.. It amazes me how she can hide so well in there sometimes.. Surely its not that big in there??!!! lol

I can't believe I've only 6 weeks to go... I want to enjoy every last minute of it being just me n my girl.. As soon enough i'll have to share her with everyone :( As excited as I am to meet her... I love it being just me n her... xxx

I'm exactly the same Frances - some days i feel really "full" and then other days i don't - where on earth do they find places to hide in there?!

Shenzi i was wishing the time away at around 25-26 weeks and now it's getting close i wish i had longer to enjoy it just being me and baby and our own little private connection that no one else has. So enjoy it while you can, you'll be at 40 weeks before you know it and as Frances says - you'll have to share baby with everyone else then!

I'm exactly the same Frances - some days i feel really "full" and then other days i don't - where on earth do they find places to hide in there?!

Shenzi i was wishing the time away at around 25-26 weeks and now it's getting close i wish i had longer to enjoy it just being me and baby and our own little private connection that no one else has. So enjoy it while you can, you'll be at 40 weeks before you know it and as Frances says - you'll have to share baby with everyone else then!

I do like it just being me and her but I just cant wait to meet her, plus im not coping as well as I thought I would with pregnancy im constantly on edge and im so nervous, I just figure once she is here im sure ill still worry probably more, but i will be able to see that she is ok, I can see myself not sleeping again until she is about 5 lol

I do like it just being me and her but I just cant wait to meet her, plus im not coping as well as I thought I would with pregnancy im constantly on edge and im so nervous, I just figure once she is here im sure ill still worry probably more, but i will be able to see that she is ok, I can see myself not sleeping again until she is about 5 lol

Ha ha... I totally understand that too... I said the same to J the other day... I can't see myself ever properly sleeping again!!!
He said "great.. I can finally have the bed tom myself!!!" So sympathetic!!! LOL

Ha ha... I totally understand that too... I said the same to J the other day... I can't see myself ever properly sleeping again!!!
He said "great.. I can finally have the bed tom myself!!!" So sympathetic!!! LOL

lol because I work nights hubby is used to having the bed to himself, so said to me last night, what ive got to share a bed with you every night? ahh no youll have to sleep on the sofa a few nights :eek: charming im incubating his child and hes sending me away lol

lol because I work nights hubby is used to having the bed to himself, so said to me last night, what ive got to share a bed with you every night? ahh no youll have to sleep on the sofa a few nights :eek: charming im incubating his child and hes sending me away lol

Ha ha... My OH points out quite regular that he's never had the "pleasure" of having our bed to himself and I've had it loads
Then asks would I not go away somewhere for a night or go n stay in a friends house??!!
Am sure he loves me really though.... maybe... lol

Ha ha... My OH points out quite regular that he's never had the "pleasure" of having our bed to himself and I've had it loads
Then asks would I not go away somewhere for a night or go n stay in a friends house??!!
Am sure he loves me really though.... maybe... lol

When I mentioned going to stay at my mums for a week, he said oh would you?? lol

Tell him if he wants the bed to himself he will have to put you in a hotel for a few days ;)

When I mentioned going to stay at my mums for a week, he said oh would you?? lol

Tell him if he wants the bed to himself he will have to put you in a hotel for a few days ;)

That'd be fine... If he booked a friend in with me and I wasn't pregnant.. lol
And no point going after coz I can't imagine I'd settle being away from baby!!! So he's stuck with me :D

When we were away there at New Year we slept in separate beds... OMG it was heaven.. I had the double to myself for 2 nights but let him have it for the last night.. Coz I'm nice like that... ha ha...
I'd say if we had a bed in the back room (baby's room) he'd sleep in there happily..
Wouldn't mind.. Its him giving out about lack of room in the bed.. yet he takes up 2/3 of the bloody thing!!! And still flattens me with his legs coz he hasn't enough room!!!

Ha ha loving these stories about OH wanting the bed. A couple of times when I've been wriggling around, trying to get comfy and then putting the tv on or reading, I've said to Paul shall I go sleep elsewhere because I feel bad that I'm disturbing him, but he always say no because he wants cuddles.... Sweet but it's getting harder and harder for cuddles these days.

We no longer have a spare bed so once baby is here, if we don't all sleep in one room we have two sofas or a feeding chair to sleep in.

Yea the night we got home from our few days away I was lying there wide awake all night that at one point I was gona get up on go sleep on the sofa...
When I told J the next day he said he was the same.. Except he was too lazy to move his ass.. ha ha

Girls can I please ask for your opinions on AN classes?

I have my first, and only day-long antenatal class on Saturday with John. Our MWs like you to have it a month before you're due to give birth, probably so the information is fresh in your mind.

Before we booked on (months ago) I was in two minds... part of me thought that it might help, or provide me with answers to any questions I may have - but on the flipside I've wanted to stay away from having an information overload and feeling anxious/panicking as a result...which is why I've had the "I'm just going to wing it" type of attitude to labour/birth all the way through my pregnancy. The way I see it is I can't possibly plan too much for an event that is so unique, so temperamental and completely unknown until you're actually "in" it if you know what I mean? John encouraged me to book on though as we "might as well".

I've still been umming and ahhing the past few months and now it's this Saturday, I'm as confused as ever. I cannot bear the thought of cringey things - for me, that's sitting in circles and doing those "ice breaker" things where you go around the room and introduce yourselves, do "interesting" facts etc lol :D then I am imagining things like sitting in between John's legs and practicing breathing etc - I couldn't think of anything worse!!! I'd just feel so stupid - even though everyone else would be doing it too. I know John would want to die as well lol. Plus, I'm still in the mindset of "I will go with it on the day".

At the moment, I don't feel like I'm totally clueless about labour/birth and everything else (feeding, bathing etc) as I do a fair bit of research myself anyway...so...what do you think we should do? Do you think it's worth going, or do you think I could do without??

At the minute I'm swaying more towards not going...xx

Girls can I please ask for your opinions on AN classes?

I have my first, and only day-long antenatal class on Saturday with John. Our MWs like you to have it a month before you're due to give birth, probably so the information is fresh in your mind.

Before we booked on (months ago) I was in two minds... part of me thought that it might help, or provide me with answers to any questions I may have - but on the flipside I've wanted to stay away from having an information overload and feeling anxious/panicking as a result...which is why I've had the "I'm just going to wing it" type of attitude to labour/birth all the way through my pregnancy. The way I see it is I can't possibly plan too much for an event that is so unique, so temperamental and completely unknown until you're actually "in" it if you know what I mean? John encouraged me to book on though as we "might as well".

I've still been umming and ahhing the past few months and now it's this Saturday, I'm as confused as ever. I cannot bear the thought of cringey things - for me, that's sitting in circles and doing those "ice breaker" things where you go around the room and introduce yourselves, do "interesting" facts etc lol :D then I am imagining things like sitting in between John's legs and practicing breathing etc - I couldn't think of anything worse!!! I'd just feel so stupid - even though everyone else would be doing it too. I know John would want to die as well lol. Plus, I'm still in the mindset of "I will go with it on the day".

At the moment, I don't feel like I'm totally clueless about labour/birth and everything else (feeding, bathing etc) as I do a fair bit of research myself anyway...so...what do you think we should do? Do you think it's worth going, or do you think I could do without??

At the minute I'm swaying more towards not going...xx

tbh i think thats what you do! breathing exercises and ways to 'cope' with the pain, transaction etc. With my first i didnt bother as hubby couldn't come. I don't plan to this time either. Personal choice really :/ xx

Girls can I please ask for your opinions on AN classes? I have my first, and only day-long antenatal class on Saturday with John. Our MWs like you to have it a month before you're due to give birth, probably so the information is fresh in your mind. Before we booked on (months ago) I was in two minds... part of me thought that it might help, or provide me with answers to any questions I may have - but on the flipside I've wanted to stay away from having an information overload and feeling anxious/panicking as a result...which is why I've had the "I'm just going to wing it" type of attitude to labour/birth all the way through my pregnancy. The way I see it is I can't possibly plan too much for an event that is so unique, so temperamental and completely unknown until you're actually "in" it if you know what I mean? John encouraged me to book on though as we "might as well". I've still been umming and ahhing the past few months and now it's this Saturday, I'm as confused as ever. I cannot bear the thought of cringey things - for me, that's sitting in circles and doing those "ice breaker" things where you go around the room and introduce yourselves, do "interesting" facts etc lol :D then I am imagining things like sitting in between John's legs and practicing breathing etc - I couldn't think of anything worse!!! I'd just feel so stupid - even though everyone else would be doing it too. I know John would want to die as well lol. Plus, I'm still in the mindset of "I will go with it on the day". At the moment, I don't feel like I'm totally clueless about labour/birth and everything else (feeding, bathing etc) as I do a fair bit of research myself anyway...so...what do you think we should do? Do you think it's worth going, or do you think I could do without?? At the minute I'm swaying more towards not going...xx

We did the NCT antenatal classes and found them really useful. Not just because of the stuff they told you but also to make friends. Guessing a one day session will be different though. I think it is a personal decision really. You probably already know most things already. Does John though? I think Paul found it useful because he didn't have experience of babies before and was leS likely to do his own research.

Back