Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Girls

For any of you planning on bottle feeding. The Tommee Tippee Perfect prep machine is on offer at Asda in the baby event, reduced from £100 to £65! Tom's just ordered us one, can't wait to pick it up on Monday!!
Is that "coffee machine" for babies??? Sounds a good bargain if your feeding heated bottles :)

Hi ladies
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas? Susie what do you think?

Basically, apart from the usual pregnancy niggles (HB, lack of sleep, being a bit uncomfortable etc) - overall I've felt pretty good since 16/17 weeks when the nausea/ms stopped. Today, something has 'changed' - I really can't put my finger on it. I just feel "weird". I was having some very weird/not very nice feelings this morning whilst getting ready - it made me stop what I was doing and I had to sit down quite often. Something kept tightening (assuming it was the top of my uterus because it was making my stomach and chest feel tight) - was horrible as I couldn't catch my breath.

I've felt sick in waves all day - at first I thought it was due to hunger but after eating regularly I've realised it's not. Then when out for a late lunch/early dinner earlier I felt very strange. Couldn't catch my breath again, felt sick, felt like all energy had suddenly been zapped out of me, and then I had backache for no reason (by no reason, I mean it wasn't the sort of backache I've had because I've done too much if you know what I mean?)

I've since had a nap, and a bath and I still feel strange :( I can't even tell you how I'm feeling or what's wrong as such - I can't explain it I just feel very different today.

Help :( lol x
Hey hunnie.. How are you today? Am assuming you've been to the hospital seen as on FB u posted she's still not engaged??
Hope all is OK?x

Hey hunnie.. How are you today? Am assuming you've been to the hospital seen as on FB u posted she's still not engaged?? Hope all is OK?x

Hi hun x yea my MIL told me to call MAU as it's always best to be on safe side if feeling unwell - especially this close to D day. So went in, everything was fine apart from my wee which showed white blood cells so it's likely I have an infection of some sort - or could just be one of those things. Baby seems happy apparently :) - was being very wiggly which made her HR shoot up to 185bpm!!! Fortunately it came right down to 150 or so again when resting (they don't like anything above 160) x but MW seems happy with everything and was so lovely. I felt silly for going in but I really didn't feel right and what with this being my first baby I obvs don't know what is normal/what isn't. Glad baby is ok though, that's the main thing.

She said baby's head is still fairly high up :)() so that might be why I'm getting so much pressure at the top of my uterus/stomach/chest when having BHs. She said once she drops that uncomfortableness might go. I know it doesn't really mean much but all my apps are teasing me with "ooh your baby will be engaged by now!!" and it seems my little lady is being stubborn and staying nice and high!

This was me last night - how big has my bump got?! Lol x

Ps: thanks to Susie too xx

Attachments

• image-3331415901.jpg
    image-3331415901.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 121
Is that "coffee machine" for babies??? Sounds a good bargain if your feeding heated bottles :)

Yeah, the reviews on it are really good. It apparently takes two minutes for a 'perfect' temp (body temperature) bottle which is less time than it takes to boil the kettle and stand the bottle in water to heat. Plus I don't like making too many bottles in advance but we have been doing at night because when he wants his bottle he wants it NOW during the night. Lol

Hi hun x yea my MIL told me to call MAU as it's always best to be on safe side if feeling unwell - especially this close to D day. So went in, everything was fine apart from my wee which showed white blood cells so it's likely I have an infection of some sort - or could just be one of those things. Baby seems happy apparently :) - was being very wiggly which made her HR shoot up to 185bpm!!! Fortunately it came right down to 150 or so again when resting (they don't like anything above 160) x but MW seems happy with everything and was so lovely. I felt silly for going in but I really didn't feel right and what with this being my first baby I obvs don't know what is normal/what isn't. Glad baby is ok though, that's the main thing.

She said baby's head is still fairly high up :)() so that might be why I'm getting so much pressure at the top of my uterus/stomach/chest when having BHs. She said once she drops that uncomfortableness might go. I know it doesn't really mean much but all my apps are teasing me with "ooh your baby will be engaged by now!!" and it seems my little lady is being stubborn and staying nice and high!

This was me last night - how big has my bump got?! Lol x

Ps: thanks to Susie too xx
Oh you were definitely right to go in and get checked hun... Can never be too careful..
I wouldn't feel silly at all.. This is your little lady we're talking about... Glad she's OK n nice n comfy in there... ]
I can gladly tell you when baby starts moving down you will feel FAR more comfortable.. I've not had feet/bum in my ribs in days and it feel so good.. Almost straight after the night I posted about how unbelievably uncomfortable I was, she seemed to move down a little.. And it seems there's a few days in between before I start feeling the uncomfortableness of her going down coz so far, mostly, I don't feel too much pressure on my bladder.. Though it depends on where exactly baby is lying.. Last night for instance I had literally gone toilet (sorry) stood up.. N felt I needed to go again... I clearly didn't but lady baby moved obviously ONto my bladder.. ha ha..
Am sure she'll be down in plenty of time before your due date :)

Hi hun x yea my MIL told me to call MAU as it's always best to be on safe side if feeling unwell - especially this close to D day. So went in, everything was fine apart from my wee which showed white blood cells so it's likely I have an infection of some sort - or could just be one of those things. Baby seems happy apparently :) - was being very wiggly which made her HR shoot up to 185bpm!!! Fortunately it came right down to 150 or so again when resting (they don't like anything above 160) x but MW seems happy with everything and was so lovely. I felt silly for going in but I really didn't feel right and what with this being my first baby I obvs don't know what is normal/what isn't. Glad baby is ok though, that's the main thing. She said baby's head is still fairly high up :)() so that might be why I'm getting so much pressure at the top of my uterus/stomach/chest when having BHs. She said once she drops that uncomfortableness might go. I know it doesn't really mean much but all my apps are teasing me with "ooh your baby will be engaged by now!!" and it seems my little lady is being stubborn and staying nice and high! This was me last night - how big has my bump got?! Lol x Ps: thanks to Susie too xx

You are one hot pregnant lady, Mrs G!!!!

Glad all is ok with bubs. Cole's heart rate was all over the place when they were monitoring me while I was being induced (or just sat waiting around for five days!!). It was up in the 170's and 180's a lot. They said they'd be more concerned if it stayed the same for a while.

Hope you're having a lovely weekend xx

Yeah, the reviews on it are really good. It apparently takes two minutes for a 'perfect' temp (body temperature) bottle which is less time than it takes to boil the kettle and stand the bottle in water to heat. Plus I don't like making too many bottles in advance but we have been doing at night because when he wants his bottle he wants it NOW during the night. Lol
Yea I know a girl who's got one and LOVES it... I did research it but as I plan on giving bottles at room temp it wouldn't be worth it for us.. Handy for the night feeds but don't wana give room temp bottles during the day n heated/warmed at night... N it wouldn't be worth it for just night feeds anyway.. But def a good buy... :)

Sorry Jess.. Meant to also say in my post how FAB you are looking... That bump is AMAZING... I love it :) HUGE bump envy!!!

Ladies please take advantage. X

Attachments

• image-333617331.jpg
    image-333617331.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 81
Glad you went to get checked Sarah, it's always best too!!

I've been looking at the tommee tippee machine since saw on fb about, they look pretty cool!! But not sure we'd benefit from one as much.. we shall see how this little one is, plus it might drop come June time!
What a great steal though, have to update us when you get it an play about :)

Well most know I was planning a surprise party for Rob.... Well I pulled it off :D he had NO clue!! Got family down from over 4hrs away and some he's not seen for years.
Very pleased I managed it all... And the cupcakes tasted amazing haha!!

I have just been looking at the prefect prep, it looks really good. I was planning on doing it te way suzie said but this seems quicker, no messing about with the kettle xx

Girls, sorry if too much info but think I'm loosing my plug - lots of stuff in my knickers yesterday and more again today :/ was 37 weeks on Friday and feeling different (that's the only way to describe it) keep getting mild period pains in my back, tummy and hips as well.

Frances you mentioned you thought yours had come out in the shower? Have you felt different since?

Last edited:
Girls, sorry if too much info but think I'm loosing my plug - lots of stuff in my knickers yesterday and more again today :/ was 37 weeks on Friday and feeling different (that's the only way to describe it) keep getting mild period pains in my back, tummy and hips as well.

Frances you mentioned you thought yours had come out in the shower? Have you felt different since?

It may be yes, like snotty awful stuff lol. I remember mine was browny/bloody ting to it too. If your still having pains it may be best to call L&D ward to see what they say , may want to get you checked out x

It may be yes, like snotty awful stuff lol. I remember mine was browny/bloody ting to it too. If your still having pains it may be best to call L&D ward to see what they say , may want to get you checked out x

Yeh was a bit jelly like :/ I then made the massive mistake of goggling and nearly made myself sick!
Will keep an eye on things today, thanks hun x

Glad the surprise went well Jess :)

Glad the appointment went well Jess and all is good.

Wonder if that's things moving for you Nelly! Xx

Yeh was a bit jelly like :/ I then made the massive mistake of goggling and nearly made myself sick! Will keep an eye on things today, thanks hun x

Oh god, don't google!!! I googled the plug a few months back. Disturbed me!! X

Yes like jelly type!

I'm now sorting Jacobs old baby clothes out... Box 1.
ForumRunner_20140126_142131.png
Fills my bed and it's a superking!!!! Omg.... Il see you guys tomorrow pmsl

When are you washing babies clothes ready for them? I'm debating if I should wash Jacob's old stuff now or would be pointless as il do not long before here's here....

hi everyone, hope you are all ok.

my niece has just been diagnosed with scarlet fever, she was here yesterday playing with callum and she held Freddie ( on her knee with a cushion and me helping her hold him) she only held him for 5 mins but was playing with callum for ages, im now worried that my boys will get it, i don't want either of them to get it but Freddie even more so, because he's just got over the chicken pox and his little insides were messed up for ages with the medicine he had for it, i really hope we've been spared.xx

Nelly other than getting more n more period type cramping I feel no diff. But it was the teeniest amount that I "lost"
I'd def ring the hospital tho. Especially with the cramping...

On another note. Baby has been quite quiet the past 2 maybe 3 days. Still getting me 10 movements in 12 hours but she's been more quiet than. I wasn't concerned in the slightest.
VHI personal midwife just called (she calls every week now just to see if iv any questions n to explain what the week ahead should bring) She asked was baby moving as normal n I said well yea, she's moving but has been quieter than usual. But said I wasn't worried. But she wants me to go in n get a trace on baby just in case!!
Wasn't in the slightest bit worries before but kinda am now....

Nelly other than getting more n more period type cramping I feel no diff. But it was the teeniest amount that I "lost" I'd def ring the hospital tho. Especially with the cramping... On another note. Baby has been quite quiet the past 2 maybe 3 days. Still getting me 10 movements in 12 hours but she's been more quiet than. I wasn't concerned in the slightest. VHI personal midwife just called (she calls every week now just to see if iv any questions n to explain what the week ahead should bring) She asked was baby moving as normal n I said well yea, she's moving but has been quieter than usual. But said I wasn't worried. But she wants me to go in n get a trace on baby just in case!! Wasn't in the slightest bit worries before but kinda am now....

Don't panic: they are just being on the safe side. The fact you're getting movements is a good sign. I couldn't feel any the other week and baby was fine. Near the end there is a lot less room for baby to move so you're unlikely to feel as many wiggles and big movements. Good luck though xxx

Back