Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Hope you get some helpful answers nelly :)

Thanks for all the helpful advice from everyone on here :) for the hospital my most useful have been to take slip on slippers so you don't need to bend and take straws so you can take a drink without moving too much.

I would add take some 0-3 clothes as well as newborn as Thomas is quite big and wearing a 0-3 sleep suit just now. Xx

Girls - may be tmi but I am so horny the last few days (eeeek, can't believe I've posted that on a forum!) Bella is 13 days old and I'm recovering from forceps delivery where I've got a substantial cut and unfortunately an infection so nothing is going to be happening there but I could literally jump on Charles!!!? Didn't have much of a sex drive at the end of my pregnancy and wouldn't say it's ever been particularly high anyway but OMG... Anyone else felt like this?

Big fat yes!!!! We practically dry humped each other in bed every night from me coming home from hospital!! We still haven't had sex yet because I've not had my coil fitted but we've done 'stuff' ;) just freaks me out that Cole is nearby so I don't like to. Dying for someone to take him for the night once I've got my coil. Haha. I also had forceps and an episiotomy but was lucky that it didn't really bother me. X

Big fat yes!!!! We practically dry humped each other in bed every night from me coming home from hospital!! We still haven't had sex yet because I've not had my coil fitted but we've done 'stuff' ;) just freaks me out that Cole is nearby so I don't like to. Dying for someone to take him for the night once I've got my coil. Haha. I also had forceps and an episiotomy but was lucky that it didn't really bother me. X

Lol Sarah :-D thank you for your reply, it's good to know I'm not the only one. The dry humping made me laugh as its what we've been doing too ;)

Yeh it's pretty off putting having a baby in the same room who is grunting and farting continuously in her sleep ;) bless her x

Haha I love this thread for so many reasons! :D you lot make me laugh.
Unfortunately for us it hasn't really been same story - well, not on my part anyway! (long story involving stitches, physio etc) but I know from others you're not alone! Xx

Girls - may be tmi but I am so horny the last few days (eeeek, can't believe I've posted that on a forum!) Bella is 13 days old and I'm recovering from forceps delivery where I've got a substantial cut and unfortunately an infection so nothing is going to be happening there but I could literally jump on Charles!!!? Didn't have much of a sex drive at the end of my pregnancy and wouldn't say it's ever been particularly high anyway but OMG... Anyone else felt like this?

If I'm honest I'm too exhausted. All I want is a cuddle and sleep!! X

Jeez. Am I just a raving nympho?! Lol. If it wasn't for Cole being in the room, and if I'd had my coil in, I'd happily jump Tom daily!! Hoping when we go to Wales Tom's mum takes Cole out for a few hours....;)

Jeez. Am I just a raving nympho?! Lol. If it wasn't for Cole being in the room, and if I'd had my coil in, I'd happily jump Tom daily!! Hoping when we go to Wales Tom's mum takes Cole out for a few hours....;)

See I wouldn't be doing anything at parents house!! Would be too scared our parents would hear us lol!

No Sarah you're not a raving nympho....just a little one! Hehe! Was it the same before you had cole? Or is it since? Are you having a honeymoon? Maybe that's your chance! X

See I wouldn't be doing anything at parents house!! Would be too scared our parents would hear us lol!

That's why I want her to take him out when Tom's dads at work. I'll tell her to take him into town so she can show him off, it takes her a good hour!!

No Sarah you're not a raving nympho....just a little one! Hehe! Was it the same before you had cole? Or is it since? Are you having a honeymoon? Maybe that's your chance! X

If I wasn't working I could happily dtd every day. Working shifts got in the way a lot!! But then I could equally go a week or so and not realise. I think it's the fact that we can't dtd yet that's making us so horny. We're only going to Wales to stay with Tom's parents until we can afford a honeymoon for the three of us. With baby stuff, the wedding and saving to keep me off work for a year it's sort of on the back burner x

If I wasn't working I could happily dtd every day. Working shifts got in the way a lot!! But then I could equally go a week or so and not realise. I think it's the fact that we can't dtd yet that's making us so horny. We're only going to Wales to stay with Tom's parents until we can afford a honeymoon for the three of us. With baby stuff, the wedding and saving to keep me off work for a year it's sort of on the back burner x

That's a good idea. I'm sure you will find ample opportunity then! ;) xx

I have thought about sex but am nowhere near ready for doing anything yet! I'm still sore around my section scar and can't be doing with any sort of pressure on it. Then there's the boobs! I'd be worried about leaking and that would be all kinda of wrong and off putting. :/ Then there's the whole baby in the same room thing and the tiredness...

Add that all together and it's a definite 'no' for now. Tbh we don't have massive sex drives anyways so it's no big deal. I'm happy with cuddles for the moment! ;)

I have thought about sex but am nowhere near ready for doing anything yet! I'm still sore around my section scar and can't be doing with any sort of pressure on it. Then there's the boobs! I'd be worried about leaking and that would be all kinda of wrong and off putting. :/ Then there's the whole baby in the same room thing and the tiredness... Add that all together and it's a definite 'no' for now. Tbh we don't have massive sex drives anyways so it's no big deal. I'm happy with cuddles for the moment! ;)

The baby in the room is the biggy for me! Don't like!!!!

Girls

This isn't pregnancy or baby related at all - it's Tom related! Hope you don't mind me pestering you all on this thread, as I've mentioned it to a few of you on my diary already, but I could do with some help.

So, he's 30 on 6th March, 2 days before the wedding. We've not got loads of money this month with my wage dropping and paying things for the wedding so can't afford to take him away anywhere but want to do some nice things for him because he made my 30th special.

So far I've got him a watch and ordered a baby grow for Cole that says 'Happy 30th Birthday Daddy' to put on him on the morning of his birthday so when he goes to change him he sees it. I'm also gonna get him a mug for work with Cole's photo on it and go get some professional pics of Cole done at Max Spielmann with a party hat and streamers etc (which is technically for both of us).

I'm going to get him 30 presents (some will be daft things from the pound shop etc) and write down 30 reasons why I love him.

Anyone got any other suggestions of things I can do at home for him? I've got to bear in mind that Cole will be with us as I'll be doing everything the night before or day of his birthday and we both want Cole with us then so no going to babysitters.

I've already cooked his favourite meal for one birthday and done a treasure hunt and a carpet picnic for others so don't want to repeat them. Also can't be anything 'sexy' as Cole will be with us all the time.

HELP please. He really deserves an amazing day :D

When I was 18 my dad sent me 18 birthday cards through the post - maybe 30 birthday cards?? X

When I was 18 my dad sent me 18 birthday cards through the post - maybe 30 birthday cards?? X

Ooh that's good. But 30 stamps? We've got an outside post box, maybe I could just sneak them in there the night before! Trip to a cheapy card shop required!! X

What's his favourite football team for example? U could theme his food to either the colour or summat.
Or make baby orientated things - milk pudding, poo pie lol maybe not!! Ha x

Back