Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Jess, I've been there and done everything you have. I really do sympathise, I felt exactly the same way. The only advice I can give you is sit back and just enjoy the time you have left. I resigned myself to being induced. Decided sod it, can't do anything else to help her along. So I decided to sleep more and made cakes (nom nom....you know the really naughty ones in all the recipe books that normally you would skip past cos they are just obscenely bad?) And about 3 days after I kicked back and did FA (apart from eating cake) it started.....xxxxx

Thanks hun x I think (once I can get hold of my bloody midwives!) it might be good for me to try and have an induction date booked in. That way I think ill just be like "sod it" too :)

I must sound so moany and irritating x sorry girls!! Xx

Thanks hun x I think (once I can get hold of my bloody midwives!) it might be good for me to try and have an induction date booked in. That way I think ill just be like "sod it" too :)

I must sound so moany and irritating x sorry girls!! Xx

U don't at all hun. It must b very frustrating.
Sending u all the labour vibes possible n hope something happens soon for u... Xxxxx

Girlies who've had stitches "downstairs".....
Think my stitches are bleeding... Not heavy bleeds n not red bleeds... Is this normal???
As in... On my pad I have the light pink vejayjay blood at the front... Then a gap... N under where I assume my stitches are... Some more of the same pink blood...
Would it b stitches... R just the it's leaking down n only coming out in them 2 spots???
There's no irritation n only uncomfortable when I try to sit initially r move too quickly. So only on straining r stretching the area...

Girlies who've had stitches "downstairs"..... Think my stitches are bleeding... Not heavy bleeds n not red bleeds... Is this normal??? As in... On my pad I have the light pink vejayjay blood at the front... Then a gap... N under where I assume my stitches are... Some more of the same pink blood... Would it b stitches... R just the it's leaking down n only coming out in them 2 spots??? There's no irritation n only uncomfortable when I try to sit initially r move too quickly. So only on straining r stretching the area...

That's what happened with mine., I was told to have baths with an egg cup of milk and a few drops of lavender poured into the water to help heal x

That's what happened with mine., I was told to have baths with an egg cup of milk and a few drops of lavender poured into the water to help heal x

We don't have a bath :(

Are they infected??

Aw that's a lovely photo Jess. My mum used to have a hot tub but it bloody broke. Typical!! Think we're going to take him for his first swim in May at Primrose Valley then look into lessons :) x
Thanks :) this was before the whole sw started!! We don't use our enough,,,, wasn't hers under warranty still, you get like 10 years! X

RE the stitches, mine bled but due to one splitting. If it doesn't hurt, have any pain etc I wouldnt worry. Maybe try and have a look to see if everything is ok x

Doesn't sound like they are infected hun. We don't have a bath either but I used the shower head several times a day to 'rinse' if that makes sense. Then patted dry with a non-fluffy towel and then kitchen roll after.
I do agree though with having a look-sounds a bit manky I know but if you have a look now and then you can compare getting better/getting worse. Though hopefully won't be the latter!
Sounds like you had a good night-clever baby! Xxx

Doesn't sound like they are infected hun. We don't have a bath either but I used the shower head several times a day to 'rinse' if that makes sense. Then patted dry with a non-fluffy towel and then kitchen roll after.
I do agree though with having a look-sounds a bit manky I know but if you have a look now and then you can compare getting better/getting worse. Though hopefully won't be the latter!
Sounds like you had a good night-clever baby! Xxx

Yea susie that's what I've been doing in the shower. They're tender but no sore if that makes sense. I dunno if the blood is fuming from them tho r if its travelling from the front bit n it's coincidence it's in that area....
I'd guess if it was them bleeding, it's b proper red blood? Not the pale pink same as front?

Also... I'm bleeding so light now. Is it ok to use normal" sanitary towels?? Long ones but just always rather than maternity ones??

Yea susie that's what I've been doing in the shower. They're tender but no sore if that makes sense. I dunno if the blood is fuming from them tho r if its travelling from the front bit n it's coincidence it's in that area....
I'd guess if it was them bleeding, it's b proper red blood? Not the pale pink same as front?

Also... I'm bleeding so light now. Is it ok to use normal" sanitary towels?? Long ones but just always rather than maternity ones??

its fine to if your comfortable to. Dont get any that are scented, and get ultra soft ones or of the kind. x

its fine to if your comfortable to. Dont get any that are scented, and get ultra soft ones or of the kind. x

These mattress size things are so on comfortable against my swelling!! N it's so light now. Was just worried to change as the always nights (for instance) hav like that plasticky type finish on where as maternity are more a tough cotton wool.. So thought I might have to wait...

I hated the mat ones. Felt like I had a horse between my legs. So moved to always night time instead! So go with whatever you're comfy with!
Well ladies have been down for my op and now back on the ward. Dying for a cuppa! Felt like I've had the best sleep for ages! Bit sore though. Worse than the actual episiotomy but just had some morphine......zzz zzz :) xxx

I hated the mat ones. Felt like I had a horse between my legs. So moved to always night time instead! So go with whatever you're comfy with! Well ladies have been down for my op and now back on the ward. Dying for a cuppa! Felt like I've had the best sleep for ages! Bit sore though. Worse than the actual episiotomy but just had some morphine......zzz zzz :) xxx

Aww hope it went well and your ok Susie :) fingers crossed it sorts out the DTD issues and you and hubby can have lots of fun again :) ;) xxx

Hope it went well Susie xx

OMG Susie... Sorry... I totally forgot you were going for an op today.. Have they been to say if it went as planned or not??

You're an amazing woman... Here giving us advice while in having a op (obv not ON the theatre table but still)

I hated the mat ones. Felt like I had a horse between my legs. So moved to always night time instead! So go with whatever you're comfy with! Well ladies have been down for my op and now back on the ward. Dying for a cuppa! Felt like I've had the best sleep for ages! Bit sore though. Worse than the actual episiotomy but just had some morphine......zzz zzz :) xxx

I hope you got that cup of tea and morphine has taken effect :) Get well soon xx

Feel better soon Susie, enjoy the effects of the morphine :) xx

Ah bless I didn't realise you were having an op, wishing you a speedy recovery and that it is a success ;-)

Thanks ladies. Yes feel a bit better now, the huge un-SW friendly lunch of veg hot pot with very cheesy scone on top (with veg rather than chips-thought id make a bit of an effort!) and lemon sponge and custard helped! And I've had a snooze.
They haven't been and said what's what yet but I'm hoping it will be soon, I want to go home! Xxx

Back