Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

This happened to me at about day 5 ish I think. It went down after about 2 days. A few people told me to express a bit but I didn't want to encourage my milk (what bit there was) to stick around so I didn't. I just avoided anything touching my boobs and they eventually went back to normal. Not easy with a newborn though!! Sorry I can't be of any more help. I didn't find a solution either, other than to wait it out :(

I'm hoping n praying I'm fixed too. For us it was just unexplained infertility!! Clomid worked in the end so it wasn't too bad. No thousands of euro on ivf r anything but doubt I'd get that again. She only gave it to me to get me out of her office coz I was first patient of the day n was sat having a meltdown n wouldn't (couldn't) leave!!

Yea was thinking last night coz they were sooo sore I'd express but sure that's only make them make more...

OMG girls help!!!! I am in AGONY!!!! Last night about 5pm my boobs started to feel a little tender n tougher... Now... I look like iv had implants overnight and the pain is ridiculous!!! Fix me!!!

That's your milk! I had that when my milk properly came in, I fed through it but not sure what you do if you're not bf? You could try the cold cabbage leaves trick, that's supposed to take the pain off I think. Keep an eye on though, you don't want to wind up with mastitis xxx

I'm keeping everything crossed that I'm fixed, it would be brilliant. I don't know many people who actually want periods, other than myself! Haha. You got pregnant after all the vitamins, didn't you? So maybe of you do ttc again get Colin on them all again before you start trying and maybe that'll work?

I think it was the vitamins and me losing weight that did it. And I plan to be 10st when we try again so hopefully it'll be easier next time! Notice how I'm now talking like it's definitely going to happen lol ;) xxx

I'm hoping n praying I'm fixed too. For us it was just unexplained infertility!! Clomid worked in the end so it wasn't too bad. No thousands of euro on ivf r anything but doubt I'd get that again. She only gave it to me to get me out of her office coz I was first patient of the day n was sat having a meltdown n wouldn't (couldn't) leave!! Yea was thinking last night coz they were sooo sore I'd express but sure that's only make them make more...

I was wondering how it would work if we tried again because I was going on clomid but obviously the lap and dye helped. I'm think I need to push to get then to treat my PCOS before we ttc again and then hopefully we'll be ok :)

I think it was the vitamins and me losing weight that did it. And I plan to be 10st when we try again so hopefully it'll be easier next time! Notice how I'm now talking like it's definitely going to happen lol ;) xxx

I plan to be 11.6 as that makes me a 'healthy' weight, according to all these charts and stuff.
I love how you were only having one but Seth has changed that! It's brilliant. I really hope we get a brother or sister (preferably brother but I don't mind either) for Cole xxx

I plan to be 11.6 as that makes me a 'healthy' weight, according to all these charts and stuff. I love how you were only having one but Seth has changed that! It's brilliant. I really hope we get a brother or sister (preferably brother but I don't mind either) for Cole xxx

Ha, it's funny really. We were both so sure! We actually had a serious conversation the other day about whether we should sell things as Seth grows out of them as we planned or save them for the next one... ;) xxx

Ha, it's funny really. We were both so sure! We actually had a serious conversation the other day about whether we should sell things as Seth grows out of them as we planned or save them for the next one... ;) xxx

SAVE!!!! We can do this together again ;) xx

I did notice missy....good for you! :D
Sarah you might find your PCOS has gone, it has for my friend.
Frances re your boobs, wear a well supporting bra, take paracetamol and leave well alone. Expressing will only make it worse as your boobs then think they need to make more. If you're really struggling you can get in the shower and run the hot water over them. Should make them leak and relieve some of the pressure but as you're not directly stimulating them it won't impact on the amount you make. You should find it gets better in a day or two xxx

I did notice missy....good for you! :D Sarah you might find your PCOS has gone, it has for my friend. Frances re your boobs, wear a well supporting bra, take paracetamol and leave well alone. Expressing will only make it worse as your boobs then think they need to make more. If you're really struggling you can get in the shower and run the hot water over them. Should make them leak and relieve some of the pressure but as you're not directly stimulating them it won't impact on the amount you make. You should find it gets better in a day or two xxx

I hope it has. And my endometriosis too. Once we've had baby number two I'll be happy to never have another period again but would quite like them to sort themselves out over the next two years xx

When it says your six week post natal check, are they supposed to actually give you an internal? I know they used to do years ago but my nurse literally asked me a few questions about how I was and that was it. I'm at the doctor this morning so will ask her then because I can't stand pads, it was bad enough having to wear them for 2-3 weeks after Cole was born, but don't want to risk tampons if it's too early xx
No i never had internal. was just questions to make sure i was ok. x

OMG girls help!!!! I am in AGONY!!!! Last night about 5pm my boobs started to feel a little tender n tougher... Now... I look like iv had implants overnight and the pain is ridiculous!!! Fix me!!!
I was like this with Jacob as i didnt BF. Warm showers/baths and massaging them helped. x

Girls...has anyone else got stretchmarks on their bump? Mine are horrendous :( they literally cover the entire bottom half of my tummy and I just know my stomach is going to look awful after...honestly, they are so bad! Not sure what to do for them xx

Girls...has anyone else got stretchmarks on their bump? Mine are horrendous :( they literally cover the entire bottom half of my tummy and I just know my stomach is going to look awful after...honestly, they are so bad! Not sure what to do for them xx

Sorry to jump in I just saw this message on my latest topics feed. I got the same towards the end of my pregnancy. They do get better afterwards, my little boy is now 8months and mine are no where near as noticable. I use tons of palmers and bio oil to try help reduce them :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Sorry to jump in I just saw this message on my latest topics feed. I got the same towards the end of my pregnancy. They do get better afterwards, my little boy is now 8months and mine are no where near as noticable. I use tons of palmers and bio oil to try help reduce them :) Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ah that's ok! Feel free to jump in whenever you want!!! :)

Thanks hun. Might have to take a pic of my tummy - as depressing as that will be, if there is improvement after then it will make me feel better. Thanks for advice re bio oil and palmers, will make sure I stock up on lots of that stuff! Congratulations on your little boy, bet the 8 months has flown :) xxx

Thanks! It has definately flown I really don't know what has happened to my little baby. I now have a boy who is full of character and can't keep still for more than a minute.
They will fade over time to be honest since having him I quite often forget to use anything and they still fade!
How long do you have until your little one is due? I definately miss all the kicks and digs in the ribs no matter how painful they were X

I have lots but none from pregnancy! They are all from years of dieting and gaining weight back quickly, tbh I would rather they were from pregnancy as at least that's a good reason rather than from eating too much ;)

They do fade though, you can hardly see mine. They just look like really faint silvery lines now. And even though you'll know they are there it'll be a reminder of your pregnancy and proof that you made your little girl. They are a really positive thing if you look at it that way!

Try cocoa butter to help fade them, the Lush massage bars are really good. Therapy is my fave, it's just cocoa butter, shea butter, lavender and neroli with no added preservatives etc. Good for healing your skin and smells yummy too! xxx

I was lucky that I didn't get any new ones but I had plenty from before with being on constant diets and losing then putting on weight since I was 18 :( the ones I already had have faded massively and I can hardly see them, they're just like a creamy colour now. I've never used anything on mine, I've just let them do their own thing. Xxx

I used the Clarins firming and toning oil. I had some on my belly anyway and only got a few tiny new ones. Really think it helped as my skin is so bad for stretchmarks and I've seem my sisters and mum and was dreading what my belly would look like! X

My tummy is AWFUL post baby. I didn't realise I had so many stretch marks when I was pregnNt but guess I couldn't see. The worse part is they go down to my lady bits!! Seriously who knew that that area had been stretched too.

Oh well, it's a constant reminder of my little boy. Paul doesn't care. I care more about getting rid of the fat and overhang!!

Sorry to jump in I just saw this message on my latest topics feed. I got the same towards the end of my pregnancy. They do get better afterwards, my little boy is now 8months and mine are no where near as noticable. I use tons of palmers and bio oil to try help reduce them :)

Hi RB ;-)

Jess I didn't get any but have read up loads on them as was sure I'd be destroyed. They should be nearly unnoticeable when baby g gets here n fade quick enough after.
My cousin was ruined after her little boy n doc advised to pack on bio oil!! After every shower/bath n if you can I few times in the day (if your having a pj day or whatever n can afford to sit n leave it soak in). Just make sure it always layered on xxx

I was lucky that I didn't get any new ones but I had plenty from before with being on constant diets and losing then putting on weight since I was 18 :( the ones I already had have faded massively and I can hardly see them, they're just like a creamy colour now. I've never used anything on mine, I've just let them do their own thing. Xxx

agree with just let them be to be honest. Ive got lots from been big before, then they stretched when pregnant with Jacob. but within 6-12months they fade SO much. Go a silvery pink colour and just get lighter, now they match my white skin colour! x

Back