Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

That's good considering he's a little baby at the moment! I find expressing harder now she's that much older. When she was about 3-4months old if could get about 6-7oz off both sides but I'm lucky now if I get 3oz. I think it makes a difference as to what method you use. I started with a medela pump but actually find I do better with a handheld one now. I'm terrible at hand expressing! Xx

I have the medela swing pump.

It very much depends on times as well I've found. She can easily demolish a 6oz bottle but I can't get that off if I express. Apparently after you've bf for a while your boobs make milk as they suck...so she must be getting what she needs cos she doesn't wake/want more!

Ladies a pre warning...

Stevie is 19 weeks old and a Mars bar just jumped in my mouth!! The two must e connected! Why else would a Mars bar do that?! Lol

It was so yummy but I ate it in 1 min flat!! :-/ foolish! The next one I will take my time over lol xx

I asked this Q only last night on my Irish forum... This is how I'll be doing them...
"made them up with formula in them & popped them in sink of cold water to cool them quickly & then left them on counter"
I'll make 2 batches of 4 bottles each.. So tonight i'll make 4 at bedtime... 1 for last feed of the night, 2 for "night" feeds.. N 1st bottle of the morning...
They last 12 hours at room temp as long as the lid isn't removed at any stage.. And if a bottle has been started... it must be discarded after an hour MAX!!!

As for expressed milk bottles I have NO idea x

This is what I do with formula but keep them in the fridge inbetween making and feeding. I tried to follow the health visitors guidelines but it was impossible to make a bottle from scratch in middle of the night.
When I was researching everyone was saying to just put water in bottles let it cool and add formula when needed, but i thought you needed heat in the water to kill off any bacteria

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ladies a pre warning... Stevie is 19 weeks old and a Mars bar just jumped in my mouth!! The two must e connected! Why else would a Mars bar do that?! Lol It was so yummy but I ate it in 1 min flat!! :-/ foolish! The next one I will take my time over lol xx

I shall be on the watch for rogue mars bars in 8 weeks time!

A Lindor bar jumped into my mouth today and Seth was 10 weeks old yesterday - these could also be connected?!? ;) xxx

Ladies a pre warning... Stevie is 19 weeks old and a Mars bar just jumped in my mouth!! The two must e connected! Why else would a Mars bar do that?! Lol It was so yummy but I ate it in 1 min flat!! :-/ foolish! The next one I will take my time over lol xx

Ha ha. This made me chuckle. Well I've found that for Oliver's first 3 weeks anything and everything has been jumping in my mouth. It's been tough but I've pushed through and ate everything I've been challenged with ;)

New series of one born on in 5 mins girls x channel 4 xx

Better keep my eye out for that in about 11 weeks time. A large bag of Cadbury's Giant buttons did the same to me today and Cole is 8 weeks old tomorrow. Definitely NOT a coincidence!!xx

Better keep my eye out for that in about 11 weeks time. A large bag of Cadbury's Giant buttons did the same to me today and Cole is 8 weeks old tomorrow. Definitely NOT a coincidence!!xx

I nearly bought a bag of those today for a quid - it was a close call! xxx

Hey ladies, just wondering when u started to feel kicks did u feel them really low down? I'm 22 wk plus 1 day. Her kicks seem to be getting more frequent now and stronger. Made me flinch a bit ton cos they felt so close to my lady bits lol xx

I nearly bought a bag of those today for a quid - it was a close call! xxx

See, Cai's right - totally got to be connected!xxx

Hey ladies, just wondering when u started to feel kicks did u feel them really low down? I'm 22 wk plus 1 day. Her kicks seem to be getting more frequent now and stronger. Made me flinch a bit ton cos they felt so close to my lady bits lol xx

I felt mine low down but I had an anterior placenta so couldn't feel them at the front. Some days I swear Cole was kicking me right in the cervix! And I think a lot of the girls on here said the same xx

Does anyone else's little one wait til nappy off to poo and wee more? Oliver has done it 4 times today and 3 times he has needed change of clothing, I put a cloth over him to try prevent weeing on himself but the problem is he wriggles so much and also hates being changed so is screaming too! Not a good combination when he also decides to poo!! Not Sure if I'm doing something wrong. I tried opening his nappy but waiting and not taking it off just now, but then I took old nappy off and out new on and between that millisecond he started to poo. It was like he was waiting for me. Little rascal!

Does anyone else's little one wait til nappy off to poo and wee more? Oliver has done it 4 times today and 3 times he has needed change of clothing, I put a cloth over him to try prevent weeing on himself but the problem is he wriggles so much and also hates being changed so is screaming too! Not a good combination when he also decides to poo!! Not Sure if I'm doing something wrong. I tried opening his nappy but waiting and not taking it off just now, but then I took old nappy off and out new on and between that millisecond he started to poo. It was like he was waiting for me. Little rascal!

Cole does, he wee's on me at least once a day. I've started taking his nappy off, laying him on a towel on his changing mat and letting him have naked bum time. He loves it. He usually wee's about three times and nearly always does a poo so I just stick a couple of baby wipes under him to catch it and let him kick his legs for 15 minutes.
When I'm just changing him I've noticed his willy sort of swells a little bit if he needs a wee so I leave the old nappy under him and gently prod his bits which usually makes him wee then I can change him. Sounds horrible but it works. And I change him after a bottle and put his changing mat in front of the tv so he's really chilled out x

Thomas is the same, it's like he waits till his nappy is off to poo and pee! We put our changing bag mat down on our changing table as it's wipe clean and our changing table one has a material cover.
His willy swells up the way as well when he's going to pee so I can normally point it down into the nappy, I'm not so good with the poos though, normally goes on to the back of his vest!

This is what I do with formula but keep them in the fridge inbetween making and feeding. I tried to follow the health visitors guidelines but it was impossible to make a bottle from scratch in middle of the night.
When I was researching everyone was saying to just put water in bottles let it cool and add formula when needed, but i thought you needed heat in the water to kill off any bacteria

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app
Yea that's what I thought. Why say its ok to full the bottle n add formula later when it's the heat kills the bacteria.
Eabha has room temp bottle so I leav them on the counter as iv been advised from another mammy. N that's how we done it with our babies ( nieces n nephews)

Yea has that from a bit later but then I was late feeling movements. Just wait til ya'v a foot in yer ribs n hand hitting yer cervix ha ha

I started to feel low kicks about 20 weeks, they feel really strange don't they when they are so low :) x

Glad it's normal then lol. It did feel really strange. But nice at the same time :) xx

Girls I'm a little confused .. Wondering if anyone can give me any advice ..??

when I went into work today I was told by my employer that because I have written in my resignation letter that I intend to leave my
Position as family nanny after the 52 weeks maternity leave that I will accrue holiday pay equating to around the £1100 mark .
Obviously this would have been great news however my employers have said that they are not happy to pay me holiday entitlement as I only work term time and they don't see it to be fair seeming as they already have to pay my SMP plus the wages of the new nanny . So in light of this I have been asked to write a new resignation letter dating my resignation from next week so that under the terms of the company who arrange my payslips I would not be entitled to holiday pay.
I wasn't expecting to be paid any extra holiday pay and I can understand why they wouldn't want to pay it so I'm not really bothered whether I get the money or not however if I agree to renegotiate my resignation letter then I would not be giving the required notice period in order for me to claim SMP ., this concerns me because although they have promised they will still continue to pay my maternity pay I feel like redoing my letter would leave me unprotected because essentially then could then turn around after I've left and refuse to pay my maternity pay because I did not give the right notice ) even though my original letter of resignation was handed in over a month ago)

Sorry marathon post .. You deserve a medal if you got to the end of that!!

Anyway .. Does anyone have any experience of this or advice ?

Or do you think I should just go ahead and write the letter ...?

X

Hello. I would not write a new letter of resignation. If you did this you would not be legally covered for your maternity pay. What they think you should be paid, ie holiday pay, and what you are entitled to are two different matters. I would advise you to leave your original letter stand. Hope this helps.

Back