Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Ive just reread your post and am convinced you are leaving yourself wide open for future problems if you rewrite your resignation..With situations like this it is always reassuring if you are being totally honest in your dealings. I thought statutory maternity pay was paid by the government? or at least a proportion of it ? If this is right then it is even more important that your paperwork is truthful.

Hi Mo for getting back to me ,
I'm a bit boggled by it all to be honest and just want to make sure I am protecting myself but at the same time don't want to leave on bad terms .
As far as I'm aware although my employers pay my maternity pay I'm sure that they are able to claim it back from Hmrc .. Well the agency they use to pay my wages claim it back through Hmrc and then they get quarterly cheques which covers the whole smp.
They haven't actually told me this themselves but I looked it up on the maternity terms of the nanny wage agency's website so I know his is how it works.

Hello. My experience has been through school rather than with nannies . I really do feel you are right to be concerned and you do need to protect yourself. It is always less stressful to do things right and you have no reason not to. I hope I have helped. Do you start your leave soon?

Hello. My experience has been through school rather than with nannies . I really do feel you are right to be concerned and you do need to protect yourself. It is always less stressful to do things right and you have no reason not to. I hope I have helped. Do you start your leave soon?

Yes I finish work next Thursday the 6th so I'm just concerned that this has cropped up now as I don't want any problems with my maternity pay to arise I'm relying on that money to help pay the mortgage :/

Thats great. It's not long. Do you have to say anything to them? will they bring it up again with you do you think? You could say that you have been advised to leave it as it is as it is important that it is accurate.

Sorry Sammie.. i wouldn't have the foggiest idea.. And even if I did.. Chances are it'd be different in the UK to Ireland anyway.. Sorry to be no help..

I definitely wouldn't re-write your letter though... xxx

Hey ladies.. Quick question... Do any of you do baby massage on your babies???
If yes, what oil do you use???

Sorry Sammie.. i wouldn't have the foggiest idea.. And even if I did.. Chances are it'd be different in the UK to Ireland anyway.. Sorry to be no help.. I definitely wouldn't re-write your letter though... xxx Hey ladies.. Quick question... Do any of you do baby massage on your babies??? If yes, what oil do you use???

I'm starting baby massage classes on Friday so will tell you then x

Sammie, I don't know how it all works as I'm going back after my maternity leave but I definitely wouldn't be re writing that letter. It sounds to me that if you change your leaving date you wouldn't be on maternity leave, you'd have just left? Like I said, I don't know but I'd leave it as it is. Maybe speak to citizens advice bureau?xx

Sorry Sammie.. i wouldn't have the foggiest idea.. And even if I did.. Chances are it'd be different in the UK to Ireland anyway.. Sorry to be no help..

I definitely wouldn't re-write your letter though... xxx

Hey ladies.. Quick question... Do any of you do baby massage on your babies???
If yes, what oil do you use???

I did a course in baby massage. Any natural oil they told us olive oil/ grape seed oil etc x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I agree with Sarah Sammie, you need to speak to someone like citizens advice bureau. As mo said, what they want to pay you and what you're entitled to are 2 different things.
Sometimes children's centres have people you can talk to about stuff like this?
I def wouldn't re-write the letter though.
Have you got a human resources dept? They tend to be a bit more help as well
Xx

Advice please ladies, I have really bad pain in the bottom of my ribs, mainly on the left side but occasionally on the right hand side, has been happening since Sunday now, midwife appointment yesterday all was fine, but forgot to mention this to her, any ideas? Or just normal at this stage?

Advice please ladies, I have really bad pain in the bottom of my ribs, mainly on the left side but occasionally on the right hand side, has been happening since Sunday now, midwife appointment yesterday all was fine, but forgot to mention this to her, any ideas? Or just normal at this stage?

Is it worse when sit down? Ease off if u stand or sit upright??
Might b baby's feet/bum in ur ribs???

Is it worse when sit down? Ease off if u stand or sit upright?? Might b baby's feet/bum in ur ribs???
It's worse when sitting up, it eases slightly when standing, it doesn't feel like feet though, it's probably just uterus expanding or something...

It's worse when sitting up, it eases slightly when standing, it doesn't feel like feet though, it's probably just uterus expanding or something...

If u lay down flat does it ease??
Like, no pillows flat

If u lay down flat does it ease?? Like, no pillows flat

It eases a bit, but the ache is still there, whether lying, sitting or standing some positions are just more tolerable than others, I really hope I'm making sense lol

Hi Shenzi I'm the same it's especially bad when I'm sitting down or driving . I guess it's just one of the lovely perks of pregnancy lol xxx

Ooh I dunno then. I had it quite bad but if I'd sit up really straight r stretch my torso it eased it... Was just baby's feet/bum...
Was really bad when I was driving!!
Maybe it's the same but coz my bump wasn't very big it wasn't as bad??

Thank you so much ladies, I guess it must just be a little foot or bum then, thank god it's not something more! X

Back