Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

ok ladies... Baby monitors!!

We had the Motorola mbp35 . night vision, showed room temp, and could speak to baby though it and play lullabies
B0041Q2V4W-1.jpg

We got this when i was Pregnant with Jacob so been used for approx 2.5 years now. Which sadly the camera broke last night!!!! Just would not work, so fair enough its had its usage..

Now im looking at a new one, but needs to be camera ones as cant find any audio ones with double camera (of when this baby comes)

What would you refer? And reference or advice? Cheap as poss, with a good meter range for nights were in hot tub ;) and 2 monitors! x

I have been looking at:
Motorola MBP26
51R70JmdtGL._SL500_SL135_.jpg

Motorola MBP28
41bO+vAwTpL._SL500_SL135_.jpg

Motorola MBP36
41F3hvnpBKL._SL500_SL135_.jpg

But not sure what to do :(

I have just purchased the last one. I haven't see it yet but oh been playing with it n says it's fab. It got excellent reviews on amazon xx

I've got a Summer one, can't remember the model though. My Dad had three different Motorola ones for my nephew and ended up having to take them all back as the camera kept packing in so he got the Summer one too. Sorry I'm not much help x

This is it

image-4124025444.jpg

And a link to it on Play

http://www.play.com/Baby/Baby/4-/27164053/896552797/-/ListingDetails.html?_%24ja=tsid:13315%7Ccat:27164053%7Cprd:27164053&$$ja=cgid:7111940817%7Ctsid:48121%7Ccid:130773657%7Clid:54121210617%7Cnw:g%7Ccrid:22715890497%7Crnd:9412961201570388250%7Cdvc:m%7Cadp:1o7%7Cmt:

It was only about £80 from Kiddicare though x

I have just purchased the last one. I haven't see it yet but oh been playing with it n says it's fab. It got excellent reviews on amazon xx

Yeah im debating getting that, its the model up from my old one so i know must be good... plus its on sale at 159.99 instead of 239.99 but its abit pricey to have to fork out now :/

This is it

View attachment 126856

And a link to it on Play

http://www.play.com/Baby/Baby/4-/27164053/896552797/-/ListingDetails.html?_%24ja=tsid:13315%7Ccat:27164053%7Cprd:27164053&$$ja=cgid:7111940817%7Ctsid:48121%7Ccid:130773657%7Clid:54121210617%7Cnw:g%7Ccrid:22715890497%7Crnd:9412961201570388250%7Cdvc:m%7Cadp:1o7%7Cmt:

It was only about £80 from Kiddicare though x

Thanks hun but its only 1 camera, Im needing 2 x

Right I know babies get chubby legs but this is Stevie's knee - does it look normal?? I have had both my knee caps pinned due to them not 'running on their tracks' so had terrible trouble growing up (not that anyone believed me till I was 20!!)
Let me know what you think...

Attachments

• image-2584749586.jpg
    image-2584749586.jpg
    393.3 KB · Views: 87
The patella may be sitting a bit far forward due to the fat pads, they do usually straighten themselves out once they start weight baring. As you already have problems with yours I would get An early physio referral if Stevie has problems walking but I wouldn't worry until then x

The patella may be sitting a bit far forward due to the fat pads, they do usually straighten themselves out once they start weight baring. As you already have problems with yours I would get An early physio referral if Stevie has problems walking but I wouldn't worry until then x

Thanks :) I mean these are quite 'chubby' legs if I do say so myself lol x

They are gorgeous I love babies with rolls lol xx

Ladies who have gone through labour...

I'm quite scared and would really appreciate some advice/tips ahead of tomorrow... Pretty please with cherries...

I'm quite scared and would really appreciate some advice/tips ahead of tomorrow... Pretty please with cherries...

I swear by gas and air Jess, it made me high as a kite and I was eating chocolate in the birth pool at 9cm gone (I am a proper wimp with pain usually)
I found having an open mind really helpful as well, I made sure that the midwifes knew that I was up for an epidural if the pain got too bad xx

My advice is to just go with the flow, use pain relief if you need it ( i had gas and air, then just before i needed to push i said i need more drugs, and the midwife didn't want me to have it and only brought me half a dose, when she came back with it i was ready to push so did it with gas and air, and im glad she didn't inject me because he was out 10 minutes later) oh and try to keep your shoulders back and down and breathe long breaths in through the nose and out through the mouth, this helped me a lot as the contractions were building as i was dialating. Good luck.xxx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ladies who have gone through labour... I'm quite scared and would really appreciate some advice/tips ahead of tomorrow... Pretty please with cherries...

Didn't know whether to comment here or on your thread so thought here is better for all to see then we can all give you plenty of support.

Like Nelly said, having an open mind is top. If you go in too rigid with what you want then it's harder if you don't get it. I didn't have any idea of what I wanted luckily, other than skin to skin straight away (ha!) and it's the one thing that didn't happen and it killed me :(

Gas and air is amazing. Or it was for me. It doesn't take away the pain, it just takes you somewhere else! Lol. I felt like id been on vodka all night but as soon as you stop sucking the pipe (so to speak!) it wears off so you don't feel crap.

You will be amazing. As soon as you're in that situation nothing matters other than your baby. As cheesy as it sounds you find a strength from somewhere that you didn't know you had. It's so weird. Despite everything, I cant wait to actually be in labour again and I'm gutted I'll only get to do it once more, if we can conceive again. Make the most of every second, whether it's photos or updating on here. As crazy as it sounds that I was on here at 10cm I've got it all written down and I read back to it every few days and re live it. Yes, it's painful, but every bit of pain is worth it.

Shutting up now, I'm getting soppy and on the verge of crying thinking about it ;)

Massive hugs to you and good luck. Cant wait to meet baby G xxx

Agree with what's said. If you need pain relief then don't be afraid to have it. Deep breathes through your nose and out your mouth helps a lot through contractions.... and dont think/worry that it's going to get painful as I did and had a mini panic attack as I was told I couldnt have epidural due to a back injury in the past....

Try and keep moving as much. I realized when I couldn't walk about at all was closer to the end! X

Thanks ladies. Wish I could give you all a big big hug xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx so grateful for all your advice xxxx

I've said it all on your thread Jess but good luck! You are going to brilliant xxx

Question from me re: poop! Seth has had a few explosive nappies over the last few days, really nasty stinky ones :/ They look a little darker than usual with a hint of green and seem a little mucusy too. He's not unwell in any other way and doing lots of wet nappies too but should I be worried?

He's 99% breastfed with one formula feed a day and his nappies usually look pretty much how they say a bf baby's nappies should...

Hey missie as long as little Seth is still feeding well and still having wet nappies I wouldn't worry. If he goes off feeds or he stops peeing as much take him to see your doc.xx

I had this as well...from about the same age her poo was more green than yellow. It varied sometimes to 'proper' mustard colour but like Seth she was feeding well, weeing loads etc. I asked the HV and she said sometimes it's just our diet that influences it and not to worry. I did try to make sure she emptied a boob though before moving her over (used to massage etc), sometimes too more of the fore milk can cause green and mucusy poos but it didn't make that much difference if I'm honest. Xxx

Back