Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Ladies who've had an epidural...

Has anyone suffered back pain since having it?
I have never suffered from back pain but the last few days my back has been killing... right from the point the epi was put in and down to the very end of my spine... Its a constant dull ache.. And is quite bad today after being out walking...
Dunno if its connected to the epi or just coincidence??

Ladies who've had an epidural... Has anyone suffered back pain since having it? I have never suffered from back pain but the last few days my back has been killing... right from the point the epi was put in and down to the very end of my spine... Its a constant dull ache.. And is quite bad today after being out walking... Dunno if its connected to the epi or just coincidence??

Hi hun x I had an epi but no back pain for me hun x if your worried speak to your gp - it's probably just one of those things but best to be on the safe side xx

Hi hun x I had an epi but no back pain for me hun x if your worried speak to your gp - it's probably just one of those things but best to be on the safe side xx
I didn't have it either til early this week.. That's why I'm unsure if its related to the epi... Its not too bad (for now) but I won't leave it untreated if it carries on...
My brother suffers awful with his back n it stops him doing allot with his boys so I know the impact a dodgy back can have... xx

I have never suffered from back pain but the last few days my back has been killing... right from the point the epi was put in and down to the very end of my spine... Its a constant dull ache.. And is quite bad today after being out walking...

Hmmmm slightly worrying as I've had a bad back for the last couple of weeks on and off (never suffered before) and thought it was just due to changing, winding etc :/ I had a spinal block just before forceps delivery and am now wondering if its related

Hope your back gets better and it's just coincidence.. x

Hmmmm slightly worrying as I've had a bad back for the last couple of weeks on and off (never suffered before) and thought it was just due to changing, winding etc :/ I had a spinal block just before forceps delivery and am now wondering if its related

Hope your back gets better and it's just coincidence.. x

Could be that obviously but strange as I'd have been doing that a good 2 weeks before the pain even started...
And I'm a nerd n do the whole 'bend your knees... Keep ur back straight' when picking her up n putting her down... Will mention it at my 6 week check up if not before then

I had that (amongst other things) after my epidural and it did all eventually ease off :) Had backache at the epidural site..in fact my whole lower back ached and I had numbness and pins n needles etc for a few weeks after epidural. But yeah...it all eventually went xx

Any of you lovely ladies had vaginal prolapse after having baby? Xx

What's that? I had a perineal breakdown after a bad episiotomy - is that the same/similar? Xx

"Uterine prolapse occurs when pelvic floor muscles and ligaments stretch and weaken, providing inadequate support for the uterus. The uterus then slips down into or protrudes out of the vagina.
Uterine prolapse can happen to women of any age, but it often affects postmenopausal women who've had one or more vaginal deliveries. Damage to supportive tissues during pregnancy and childbirth, effects of gravity, loss of estrogen, and repeated straining over the years all can weaken your pelvic floor and lead to uterine prolapse.
If you have mild uterine prolapse, treatment usually isn't needed. But if uterine prolapse makes you uncomfortable or disrupts your normal life, you might benefit from treatment."

I *think* I have mild prolapse that they mention at the bottom. It just doesn't 'look/feel' the same anymore (not that I expected it would but hmmnnn). Sorry if TMI...but where once I would feel inside and there would be an 'open space' there is now something there. Bit worried!! :S

As you can imagine...im now going mad with the pelvic floor exercises lol.....

They just said my blood pressure was a bit low. I was trying to explain that it felt really fast but my pulse was fine but feels like its going to come out my chest! Not had them for a bit now so hopefully eased of - so annoying!

Hi I don't post much here but I've had 5 babies and I get this every time. On one occasion I was put on a 24hr ECG. It's literally increased blood flow and working too hard. Exhaustion and a lack of water usually means it gets worse. Drink more and rest more and it should settle. Hth. X

"Uterine prolapse occurs when pelvic floor muscles and ligaments stretch and weaken, providing inadequate support for the uterus. The uterus then slips down into or protrudes out of the vagina.
Uterine prolapse can happen to women of any age, but it often affects postmenopausal women who've had one or more vaginal deliveries. Damage to supportive tissues during pregnancy and childbirth, effects of gravity, loss of estrogen, and repeated straining over the years all can weaken your pelvic floor and lead to uterine prolapse.
If you have mild uterine prolapse, treatment usually isn't needed. But if uterine prolapse makes you uncomfortable or disrupts your normal life, you might benefit from treatment."

I *think* I have mild prolapse that they mention at the bottom. It just doesn't 'look/feel' the same anymore (not that I expected it would but hmmnnn). Sorry if TMI...but where once I would feel inside and there would be an 'open space' there is now something there. Bit worried!! :S

Do not worry,,, do you kind of mean like on your opening part?? I had this and worried sick I thought I had the said above^^
as I've things there that wasn't before birth... Turns out everything is normal and it's the way things down there are now...
It took well over 1.5yrs to even be used to it to be honest, still doesn't feel normal to me as it's changed from what normal has been down below!! X

How old is baby hun? It can happen sometimes, especially if it's second plus baby or baby was heavy. Make sure you do your pelvis floor exercises loads (have a look on Internet, there are lots of different ones we should be doing that all do different things) and if it's getting worse/causing you problems in a few months or so of really doing them properly go to the GP as if you leave it it can cause quite a few problems xxx

I think I have this after forceps delivery and pushing for hours :( feels as if my pelvic floor muscles are falling out (sorry tmi...) I am doing my pelvic floor exercises and it has got better but still feels very strange and not really comfortable. :/

Do not worry,,, do you kind of mean like on your opening part?? I had this and worried sick I thought I had the said above^^
as I've things there that wasn't before birth... Turns out everything is normal and it's the way things down there are now...
It took well over 1.5yrs to even be used to it to be honest, still doesn't feel normal to me as it's changed from what normal has been down below!! X

Thats it yes...it almost feels like the walls on the inside have come closer together? Its hard to explain lol But yeah...its at the opening but still on the insidd if that makes sense? Lol

Gunna get GP to check it on Tuesday....'tis all very different to try and get used to....I dont know whats normal and whats not!!

How old is baby hun? It can happen sometimes, especially if it's second plus baby or baby was heavy. Make sure you do your pelvis floor exercises loads (have a look on Internet, there are lots of different ones we should be doing that all do different things) and if it's getting worse/causing you problems in a few months or so of really doing them properly go to the GP as if you leave it it can cause quite a few problems xxx

Baby is 7 weeks old today :) He was 9lb 1 and had him naturally so im guessing that could have dont it if I do have it?

Going to get GP to check for me...I could just be worrying about nothing! Nothing feels like it did...but I dont know which things are normal and which things arent!

Was expecting dtd to feel different but it didnt. Hubby even said it feels tighter 'down there' lol I thought thi gs were supposed to feel looser? Weird..

I think I have this after forceps delivery and pushing for hours :( feels as if my pelvic floor muscles are falling out (sorry tmi...) I am doing my pelvic floor exercises and it has got better but still feels very strange and not really comfortable. :/

I would have GP check it.....I know im going to have it checked. They dont warn you about stuff like this after giving birth do they!! But at the same time...I would do it all again to have my little one xx

Baby is 7 weeks old today :) He was 9lb 1 and had him naturally so im guessing that could have dont it if I do have it?

Going to get GP to check for me...I could just be worrying about nothing! Nothing feels like it did...but I dont know which things are normal and which things arent!

Was expecting dtd to feel different but it didnt. Hubby even said it feels tighter 'down there' lol I thought thi gs were supposed to feel looser? Weird..

Good idea. Did you need any stitches? That can have made it feel tighter.
9lb 1oz is a good size! :) hopefully it will improve over time, they referred me to a physio at the Hosp and I ended up with an op (slightly different problem) but they were really good about it and keen to get it sorted for me so best to get it sorted sooner rather than later. Good luck xxx

Good idea. Did you need any stitches? That can have made it feel tighter.
9lb 1oz is a good size! :) hopefully it will improve over time, they referred me to a physio at the Hosp and I ended up with an op (slightly different problem) but they were really good about it and keen to get it sorted for me so best to get it sorted sooner rather than later. Good luck xxx

I had an episiotomy :) I'll get the GP to check it and hopefully it will improve in time like you say :D

xx

Back