Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Mummies - does anyone else really really miss pregnancy?!

I wasn't prepared for feeling like this - I thought I'd miss it a bit (and in a few months time) and I LOVE my little girl being here, and being a mummy to her - but boy, do I miss being pregnant!!

It happened almost instantly. My tummy started going down and I was like "noooo!! Bring my bump back!!"

It's not a sad feeling, I'm not sad or unhappy in the slightest - it's just an overwhelming feeling of missing my baby being in my tum x I'd do it all again in a heartbeat - I feel so guilty now for wishing the weeks away and not really enjoying "the moment" if you know what I mean? X

Has anyone else had this?? Xx

Mummies - does anyone else really really miss pregnancy?! I wasn't prepared for feeling like this - I thought I'd miss it a bit (and in a few months time) and I LOVE my little girl being here, and being a mummy to her - but boy, do I miss being pregnant!! It happened almost instantly. My tummy started going down and I was like "noooo!! Bring my bump back!!" It's not a sad feeling, I'm not sad or unhappy in the slightest - it's just an overwhelming feeling of missing my baby being in my tum x I'd do it all again in a heartbeat - I feel so guilty now for wishing the weeks away and not really enjoying "the moment" if you know what I mean? X Has anyone else had this?? Xx

Not in the slightest! I don't miss feeling out of control, borderline insane and being unable to walk properly. Not to say I wouldn't do it again to have Seth here but I honestly don't miss it, other than missing having time for myself like I used to. I do miss having a bump though cos my tummy looks like a empty bag now, all saggy and wrinkled! xxx

Mummies - does anyone else really really miss pregnancy?!

I wasn't prepared for feeling like this - I thought I'd miss it a bit (and in a few months time) and I LOVE my little girl being here, and being a mummy to her - but boy, do I miss being pregnant!!

It happened almost instantly. My tummy started going down and I was like "noooo!! Bring my bump back!!"

It's not a sad feeling, I'm not sad or unhappy in the slightest - it's just an overwhelming feeling of missing my baby being in my tum x I'd do it all again in a heartbeat - I feel so guilty now for wishing the weeks away and not really enjoying "the moment" if you know what I mean? X

Has anyone else had this?? Xx

Yes. Its all your emotions changing too!

I missed the wriggles and kicks and just generally having a big baby bump too! Thats the only parts i missed though! x

Suppose I should count myself lucky ;) it's just horrible when he gets so tired and upset with himself because no matter what I do he won't sleep through the day so I need him to get his sleep at night so he's not morngy in the mornings x

Sorry my response sounded pretty abrupt. Didn't mean it like that. Oliver is only 5.5 weeks so early days with sleeping long hours. I think I'd try the dream feeds like you suggest. I think it's a matter of trial and error but sounds like he is ready to go to bed earlier than 10. X

Just been for a skin rag removing that had grown at the side of my labia during my pregnancy, she put the needle in with the anesthetic and straight away before it was numb she sliced the tag off, i felt it, it was so painful, i nearly fainted, now i can't feel my vag and feeling sorry for myself, i said to Carl i deserve some new shoes going through that not long after childbirth he bought me a cuppa tea and a bun lol.x Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ouch ouch ouch. Sounds awful. What a rubbish dr not waiting for the numbing. Hope the pain has subsided now x

Ooh Saz that doesn't sound nice at all!!!! OOCHIE.. Def deserves more than a cuppa ;) Aw Penny poor Oliver... Aqueous cream is FAB!! Thinking i'm gona get a second tub for washing myself.. I've really bad skin on my arms and NOTHING I have tried has cleared it.. But thinking I'll try that.. It cleared up Éabha's dry skin so quickly... I use it as her soap in the bath and then massage her whole body in it after her bath and nightly before dressing her for bed... Glad you got some ideas for what to use on Oliver to help him breath properly.. Its so hard when they're so teeny... Sarah sorry can't help... Not got that far yet :-/

I've used aqueous cream for my eczema in the shower. Personally I'm not a massive fan but if it helps oilers skin then I'm all for it. Got a big tub for Oliver on prescription so will use it liberally and hope his skin improves x

Poor little dude, hope you're both feeling better soon :( We got given dermalo and zero cream by the doctor for Seth's dry and red skin and it's really helped so hopefully the creams will help Oliver xxx Sarah - I can't help with bedtime sadly as we're struggling with that currently too! We've managed to get Seth to bed at 9 these last two nights (we've got it forward from 11) but then he wakes up at 2.30 and won't go back to sleep until 5.30. It's killing me off so I really hope something changes soon! xxx Saz - god that sounds horrible! Glad you got your reward cuppa xxx

Thanks Hun. It's been a really tough day. Think I'm running on adrenaline or something because had literally a few hours sleep since midnight.

Oliver's temperature has come down to 37.1 c so that's good. He is still not right and quite grizzly and crying a lot but better than earlier. Also least Paul is here now so we can share the care. Earlier I couldn't even wee without him screaming x

I've used aqueous cream for my eczema in the shower. Personally I'm not a massive fan but if it helps oilers skin then I'm all for it. Got a big tub for Oliver on prescription so will use it liberally and hope his skin improves x

I'm not a fan either, same as I don't really like the stuff l've been given on prescription for Seth as it's all either paraffin or petroleum based. Same reason I hate vasoline! Just doing what I'm told for now though and hopefully it'll help him, he's still dry though despite dermalo being the greasiest stuff ever! I'll be getting him some Dream Cream from Lush for when he's older, that stuff is fab for dry, sensitive skin :) xxx

Thanks Hun. It's been a really tough day. Think I'm running on adrenaline or something because had literally a few hours sleep since midnight. Oliver's temperature has come down to 37.1 c so that's good. He is still not right and quite grizzly and crying a lot but better than earlier. Also least Paul is here now so we can share the care. Earlier I couldn't even wee without him screaming x

Bless you both, I'm dreading the first time Seth's poorly. It's hard enough being a mum under normal circumstances but with a poorly little one it must be so tough. :( xxx

Hey Jess

I can already tell I will feel exactly the same regarding missing being pregnant. I am getting uncomfortable now but I love being pregnant I love my bump and feeling the rolls and movements, I love how I'm being treated by family and friends which is weird I guess but I'm loving the attention (I'm a bit of a princess lol) and I love how being pregnant had bought me and hubby closer together which I didn't think was possible.
I can't wait to meet baby but I can see where you are coming from xxx

Re: missing pregnancy

Well I still have 9 and a bit weeks to go but I honestly don't think I'll miss it. I've had a horrendous time and I can't wait to have my little one and get my body back.
I'm sure I'll miss having a bump but I certainly won't miss the raging indigestion, heartburn, morning sickness, backache, restless legs and pelvic pain lol.

Be interesting to see if I think the same in 10 weeks time haha!!

Jess I feel exactly the same. I absolutely love having Eabha here n wouldn't be without her. But my God do I miss her being in my tummy.
I have done from as far back as Being in hospital!!

Katie I don't think my bump dropped at all. Not that noticed anyway. Baby however turned n engaged by week 33 so she was out of my ribs by then. HTH

Thanks everyone sat on my ball all night and it has helped. Think I may have trapped wind on top of feet in ribs, seems to be moving now gags TMI xxx

I really miss being preg!! And like some others have already said I missed it from the first day ! So much so that by week 4 I was beggin. Hubby to have a 2nd now!! Lol. No such luck tho... I have Stevie after all xx

I miss it too. Despite the nausea, dizziness, fainting, headaches, gestational diabetes....I miss my Cole shaped bump!! Obviously I'm happier that he's here in the flesh and not wedging his feet in my ribs or bouncing up and down in my pelvis when he had hiccups BUT I miss it just being me and him. I can't wait to have number two. I'd do it now if Tom would let me, even though Cole is only 10 weeks old. I even can't wait for labour again. As painful and horrible as my experience was as soon as I get my next bfp I'll be looking forward to doing it all again, not be nervous or dread it. Kind of gutted that we've agreed on two so my next pregnancy is my last :(

It's strange isn't it? Even I want to go through labour again as well. Ideally I'd like to not go 2 weeks over and go naturally, but if I had to be induced again that would be ok. I don't think id panic as much next time (the pain was so intense, so quick I think I really panicked and struggled to get it under some sort of control).

I really really miss my bump. I look at Amelia and can't believe 13 days ago she was in my tummy. I miss it being just the two of us and her growing. I know my job as a mummy is FAR from over, but I feel sad that I'm not "growing" her anymore (I know I am, but you know what I mean)

I also DO NOT want her to grow up. I wish I could keep her this small, this innocent and this new forever. Time is already going too quickly - she's two weeks old on Sunday and I don't understand where it's gone :( she's changing already which is lovely, don't get me wrong, but because she is a big bubba and was 2 weeks overdue I feel like I've already missed out on precious "newborn" time.

I almost regret sitting there on day 2 of my induction and posting the below pic (me looking miserable at the fact I was STILL pregnant) - in hindsight I wish I was sitting there stroking my bump, and enjoying my last full day of pregnancy and "Amelia-mummy-only" time.

Love my baby being here, more than anything. But I do miss my pregnancy. If I wasn't bleeding, and recovering from stitches - and if it were physically possible I think I'd go again now!!!! Can totally see why people have more babies xxx

Attachments

• image-2545829211.jpg
    image-2545829211.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 56
Am I going to be the only one that just wants my figure back afterwards? Lol although I prob will miss the bump once it's gone but be nice to wear all my clothes once I fit Into them(hoping and wishing I can obviously) x

Pinknails I was so consumed with my weight n getting to goal after she was here when I was pregnant. Now, as much as I wana get back in the diet properly n I wana get to goal.. I miss my bump so so much. I never would have thought I would as I was so slimming world focused (not do focused u was a sw angel but determined to get straight back to it post baby)

Pinknails I was so consumed with my weight n getting to goal after she was here when I was pregnant. Now, as much as I wana get back in the diet properly n I wana get to goal.. I miss my bump so so much. I never would have thought I would as I was so slimming world focused (not do focused u was a sw angel but determined to get straight back to it post baby)

Yeah I can understand that actually, I think I just feel this way cause I've piled on weight so early it's kind of traumatising for me lol x

Back