Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Yeah I can understand that actually, I think I just feel this way cause I've piled on weight so early it's kind of traumatising for me lol x

It's definitely the one thing I was upset/bothered about so I can understand 100%

Pinknails I was so consumed with my weight n getting to goal after she was here when I was pregnant. Now, as much as I wana get back in the diet properly n I wana get to goal.. I miss my bump so so much. I never would have thought I would as I was so slimming world focused (not do focused u was a sw angel but determined to get straight back to it post baby)

Hun I was the same!! I couldn't wait to get my body back so I could get back on the diet and get to goal. I still wanna do that, but I'm just very surprised at how much I miss my pregnant-self! It's so strange xxx

I cannot wait to have this baby and get back to pre pregnancy weight as o feel so gutted I've gained so much. :(

But I will miss been pregnant. To be honest I never got over it with Jacob until j was pregnant again 2.3yrs later lol!!! Xx

I get so broody when watching obem and i want to be preg again,its strange isn't it with having such young babies, but im too old now and hubby is having snip so Freddie is my last baby, it makes me sad when i think about it, that I'll never feel the baby inside me again, but we are lucky some poor woman don't get to experience it at all.xxx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Girls I'm at a total loss! HOW do I get Cole to nap during the day? Some days he literally goes all day, 7am to 7pm, without a nap. He's even started staying awake in his pram and in the car unless he's in there a while and then he wakes up as soon as we stop. He's tired because he's rubbing his eyes and yawning and getting grumpy but just won't give in. He's good at going down to sleep at night, literally takes him minutes, but no matter what I do or where I put him he just won't give in during the day. I've tried the 'watch for sleep signs' thing but he does it all the time anyway because he's so tired during the day. I've got a blackout blind in the bedroom too so it's not because it's not dark either. Help!!

Girls I'm at a total loss! HOW do I get Cole to nap during the day? Some days he literally goes all day, 7am to 7pm, without a nap. He's even started staying awake in his pram and in the car unless he's in there a while and then he wakes up as soon as we stop. He's tired because he's rubbing his eyes and yawning and getting grumpy but just won't give in. He's good at going down to sleep at night, literally takes him minutes, but no matter what I do or where I put him he just won't give in during the day. I've tried the 'watch for sleep signs' thing but he does it all the time anyway because he's so tired during the day. I've got a blackout blind in the bedroom too so it's not because it's not dark either. Help!!

How old is he luv?
Lucas stopped nappin at about 18months and wud only nap if we went on a long car ride or was in his push chair for a long time. Sometimes i wud b able t get him off but it wud take an hour or so and then he wud have t sleep on me.
Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

How old is he luv? Lucas stopped nappin at about 18months and wud only nap if we went on a long car ride or was in his push chair for a long time. Sometimes i wud b able t get him off but it wud take an hour or so and then he wud have t sleep on me. Xxx Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

He's ten and half weeks. He even refuses to sleep on me now, which he used to do. He's too nosey x

Woohoo!!! For the first time since he was a few weeks old Cole is having a nap, on his own, in his crib. I feel like doing a victory dance lol. He's only been down ten minutes so I'm not sure how long it'll last but I'm so pleased. All I did was playing white noise and stroked his nose. Took less than five minutes. Time to run round the house as quick as I can getting stuff sorted before he wakes up!!

Girls- I'm 31 weeks today which means I have just 9 weeks left! 9!! :eek:

I need to get myself a bouncy ball, which ones have you all got/had?

Woohoo!!! For the first time since he was a few weeks old Cole is having a nap, on his own, in his crib. I feel like doing a victory dance lol. He's only been down ten minutes so I'm not sure how long it'll last but I'm so pleased. All I did was playing white noise and stroked his nose. Took less than five minutes. Time to run round the house as quick as I can getting stuff sorted before he wakes up!!

Well done. Re your previous post it may be that he's not going to be a sleeper? Difficult though if he needs it but won't give in. Sounds like you may have cracked it though...? And isn't it amazing how quickly you can get things done and cleaned and tidied when you have a baby! X

Girls- I'm 31 weeks today which means I have just 9 weeks left! 9!! :eek:

I need to get myself a bouncy ball, which ones have you all got/had?

So baby could be here in 6 then...? :p
I just got a normal gym ball from amazon. I pumped it up as hard as I could and it was fine for antenatal but needed to be even harder for labour which I will do next time. When I went to the Hosp theirs was rock solid and so much more comfortable for my sore back. Xx

Ladies...I went to an infant feeding update the other day and learnt something new re bottle feeding.
The advice now is to change sides when you bottle feed baby, so left arm one feed, right the next etc etc, as they think that the main reason bfing can reduce ear infections is because you swop sides so the eustacian tube (which connects the ear to the throat and drains the rubbish out the ear) gets chance to empty properly.
Just a thought! Might take a bit of getting used to but thought it might be of interest to you!
They also said having skin to skin whilst bottle feeding is really good for babies especially when they are newborn...again not something I would have thought of but it makes sense....

Well done. Re your previous post it may be that he's not going to be a sleeper? Difficult though if he needs it but won't give in. Sounds like you may have cracked it though...? And isn't it amazing how quickly you can get things done and cleaned and tidied when you have a baby! X

God, I so want him to be a sleeper!! Well, for now I do. I know he's tired because he's always yawning and rubbing his face. He's just too nosey for his own good. He's been down 35 minutes now so I'm gonna aim for an hour morning and afternoon. Living room is already cleaned, his new toys that we got as pressies are opened and in the toy box and I'm now on with the second load of washing and tidying the kitchen. If he'd stay awake until 11.30 that would be perfect as it's when he's probably due a bottle but I may be hoping for too much there ;) I'm just so pleased that he's actually asleep in the day!!xx

Woop woop. Well done Sarah and well done Cole. I love the white noise app! X

Ladies...I went to an infant feeding update the other day and learnt something new re bottle feeding. The advice now is to change sides when you bottle feed baby, so left arm one feed, right the next etc etc, as they think that the main reason bfing can reduce ear infections is because you swop sides so the eustacian tube (which connects the ear to the throat and drains the rubbish out the ear) gets chance to empty properly. Just a thought! Might take a bit of getting used to but thought it might be of interest to you! They also said having skin to skin whilst bottle feeding is really good for babies especially when they are newborn...again not something I would have thought of but it makes sense....

Very interesting. Like you say it makes sense but probably wouldn't have thought of doing it x

Thanks hun, we've decided to try ebf again and see if we can do it at least until next time he gets weighed. That way we'll know if there's a problem with me/my supply/how he's feeding. Then if he's still not gaining we can look at giving formula again. That's the plan! xxx

That's a great plan good luck Hun. X

Well done Cole for napping! I need to get Seth to do the same lol, he very rarely naps in the day and then it's only in his pram or sling. I end up having to take him out for a walk just so he can get some sleep as he's often awake til 10/11 and if he doesn't get a nap he's mega grumpy and upset by bedtime. Although he does sleep less in his pram now, he's a nosy parker and thinks he'll miss something if he sleeps - can't blame him really, he has a lot to learn about the world bless him!

He goes down to sleep well usually at night but daytime is a losing battle so far. Fair enough if he's not tired but it's so frustrating when I can tell he's tired but he just won't sleep! :/

That's a great plan good luck Hun. X

Thanks lovely, we're on day 5 of ebf! It's gone well so far, hoping it continues. If nothing else I'm enjoying the lack of bottle washing lol ;) xxx

Well done Cole for napping! I need to get Seth to do the same lol, he very rarely naps in the day and then it's only in his pram or sling. I end up having to take him out for a walk just so he can get some sleep as he's often awake til 10/11 and if he doesn't get a nap he's mega grumpy and upset by bedtime. Although he does sleep less in his pram now, he's a nosy parker and thinks he'll miss something if he sleeps - can't blame him really, he has a lot to learn about the world bless him! He goes down to sleep well usually at night but daytime is a losing battle so far. Fair enough if he's not tired but it's so frustrating when I can tell he's tired but he just won't sleep! :/

This is the thing - they're knackered and just won't give it up!!! If he was happy to be awake and not struggling with tiredness then fair enough but I know he is. Little monkey. Finally decided to go with a routine, as much as I didn't want to, so I know when he wants a bottle/nap/play and so we can go out for walks when he's awake and he can look around.
He only napped for 45 minutes earlier but it's a start. He's just had another bottle and fallen asleep on me but he keeps doing a squealy cry in his sleep so not sure if he's dreaming or got trapped wind as he wouldn't burp much. Gonna get the gripe water out when he wakes up and see if that sorts him xx

Back