Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Hun I was the same!! I couldn't wait to get my body back so I could get back on the diet and get to goal. I still wanna do that, but I'm just very surprised at how much I miss my pregnant-self! It's so strange xxx
Very same here...
I cannot wait to have this baby and get back to pre pregnancy weight as o feel so gutted I've gained so much. :(

But I will miss been pregnant. To be honest I never got over it with Jacob until j was pregnant again 2.3yrs later lol!!! Xx
I'm half stone lighter than prepreg weight n feel awful!!! Feel bigger than ever :(
N tummy is horrible!!! Not a stretch mark in sight but is so wobbly... Feel sh1te :(
Ladies...I went to an infant feeding update the other day and learnt something new re bottle feeding.
The advice now is to change sides when you bottle feed baby, so left arm one feed, right the next etc etc, as they think that the main reason bfing can reduce ear infections is because you swop sides so the eustacian tube (which connects the ear to the throat and drains the rubbish out the ear) gets chance to empty properly.
Just a thought! Might take a bit of getting used to but thought it might be of interest to you!
They also said having skin to skin whilst bottle feeding is really good for babies especially when they are newborn...again not something I would have thought of but it makes sense....
Oh thanks for that hun. Xxx

My little angel was so good last night. Went down at 12:30 to sleep. Went into basket awake with no soother n put herself to sleep. Trying to not use soother for every sleep if possible so she doesn't associate one with the other. I really don't want her too reliant in a soother
Slept til 5.. Had a feed n back down, awake by 5:30... Played lullabies for her n she put herself to sleep again n slept right thru til I woke at 10... She was laying wide awake, looking around (at the ceiling lol) listening to the lullabies :)
She had a feed at 11 n is now napping :)

Thanks lovely, we're on day 5 of ebf! It's gone well so far, hoping it continues. If nothing else I'm enjoying the lack of bottle washing lol ;) xxx

Well done on the ebf!! Xx

Well done on ebf! I've seen how hard it can be with a friend doing it! Makes me want to try even more to BF :) x

So baby could be here in 6 then...? :p
I just got a normal gym ball from amazon. I pumped it up as hard as I could and it was fine for antenatal but needed to be even harder for labour which I will do next time. When I went to the Hosp theirs was rock solid and so much more comfortable for my sore back. Xx
Yep I'm hoping baby is as eager to meet to mummy and daddy as we are to meet him/her!!
Thanks will look on Amazon xx

So you should be, that's brilliant xx

So you should be Hun. Xxx

And you should definitely should be!! Xx

Thanks ladies - having all of your support here doesn't half make it easier! Xxx

Well done on ebf! I've seen how hard it can be with a friend doing it! Makes me want to try even more to BF :) x

Thanks hun, definitely give it a go! It's hard work for sure but you never know it it'll work out for you until you try xxx

Hey all

Just to let you know I started a new thread in the Pregnancy section. It's called 'Mummies must haves'. I've explained on the thread but basically thought it was a good idea to share any new products or bargains we find. I know we have this thread but it's quite fast moving and I sometimes miss things.

Hope we can all use it and get some bargains or find out about new and useful products :)

Hey all Just to let you know I started a new thread in the Pregnancy section. It's called 'Mummies must haves'. I've explained on the thread but basically thought it was a good idea to share any new products or bargains we find. I know we have this thread but it's quite fast moving and I sometimes miss things. Hope we can all use it and get some bargains or find out about new and useful products :)

Going to sub now x

Hey all

Just to let you know I started a new thread in the Pregnancy section. It's called 'Mummies must haves'. I've explained on the thread but basically thought it was a good idea to share any new products or bargains we find. I know we have this thread but it's quite fast moving and I sometimes miss things.

Hope we can all use it and get some bargains or find out about new and useful products :)

Good idea. Will sub xx

Cole is 11 weeks old today and is currently having a 5-6oz bottle every two hours. He won't take more than that with his feeds and if I try to push him he throws it back up. When he wants a bottle he goes from quiet happy baby to screaming within seconds and when I feed him I can hear the milk hitting his tummy. He's on Cow & Gate first milk. What would you all do, persevere with the two hourly feeds or try him on the hungry baby milk? I literally can't get him to take more than 6oz and, to be honest, most feeds it's only 5oz.

Cole is 11 weeks old today and is currently having a 5-6oz bottle every two hours. He won't take more than that with his feeds and if I try to push him he throws it back up. When he wants a bottle he goes from quiet happy baby to screaming within seconds and when I feed him I can hear the milk hitting his tummy. He's on Cow & Gate first milk. What would you all do, persevere with the two hourly feeds or try him on the hungry baby milk? I literally can't get him to take more than 6oz and, to be honest, most feeds it's only 5oz.

Have exactly the same issue and have bought the hungry baby milk it's just unopened yet as I'm not sure if she qualifies as hungry baby as she often doesn't finish her 5oz bottle.... But like Cole she feeds so regularly and seems so hungry! I would try him on it Sarah, every 2 hours us pretty regular, how long has he been feeding every 2 hours? Just wondering if its a growth spurt? x

Have exactly the same issue and have bought the hungry baby milk it's just unopened yet as I'm not sure if she qualifies as hungry baby as she often doesn't finish her 5oz bottle.... But like Cole she feeds so regularly and seems so hungry! I would try him on it Sarah, every 2 hours us pretty regular, how long has he been feeding every 2 hours? Just wondering if its a growth spurt? x

He's been like it for a good couple of weeks now. If he's asleep he'll go longer but then wakes up really upset until I feed him. We're at the clinic to see the HV next Wednesday so I might ask them what they think. X

Eabha's the same with hearing it touch her tummy. Can literally hear its thru the digestive system..
Can't advise on the food issue again as have been there yer so dunno much... Sorry :(

It won't do him any harm...why don't you try it? It can make them a bit constipated so you might need to give him a little bit of water. If it doesn't suit move him back to the normal? Or do both? Hope he settles soon xx

It won't do him any harm...why don't you try it? It can make them a bit constipated so you might need to give him a little bit of water. If it doesn't suit move him back to the normal? Or do both? Hope he settles soon xx

I never thought of that. Just assumed that once they're on a milk they should stay on it. Might give it a try xx

Also, where is the new thread? Couldn't find it but wasn't sure if I was looking in the right place xx

It's in the Pregnancy without the pounds section. It's called Mummies must haves. Although maybe I should have called it Mummies & Daddies but we don't have any daddies on here yet ;) xx

You can start them off alternating their bottles so they have one normal and one hungry milk see how he gets on. I started my little boy on hungry milk at about 8-9 weeks with no issues as he was a really hungry baby. He will tell you if it agrees with him, it is essentially the same product it isnt heavier on their stomachs but just takes longer to digest x

Back