Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

A Waitrose? In Derby? You're having a laugh! We don't get nice shops like that lol ;) That's worth knowing though in case we ever do get one! xxx

HAHA!!!! Same here. Sainsburys is the poshest we get and the nearest is 7 miles away!! Xx

HAHA!!!! Same here. Sainsburys is the poshest we get and the nearest is 7 miles away!! Xx

Haha know what you mean. We do have one a few miles away but it's the only one I know of in the whole of Birmingham which says it all! I do like it though....for the odd pint of milk as the rest of it is too expensive! I'm an aldi fan! :D

You girls are all making me laugh with the John Lewis/ Waitrose chat!!

I work for Waitrose and the click and collect service Sarah mentioned is a godsend!
I get 25% discount in JL so I order loads and pick it up from work the next day ?
But I do agree it's expensive- my discount is the main reason I shop there!
And same applies for food shop- I get 15% discount otherwise I'd be a reluctant Tesco shopper lol! X

You girls are all making me laugh with the John Lewis/ Waitrose chat!! I work for Waitrose and the click and collect service Sarah mentioned is a godsend! I get 25% discount in JL so I order loads and pick it up from work the next day ? But I do agree it's expensive- my discount is the main reason I shop there! And same applies for food shop- I get 15% discount otherwise I'd be a reluctant Tesco shopper lol! X

Tom's mum lives at the far end of Anglesey and they literally have the crappest shops ever over that way so our trip to Waitrose when we visit is a highlight ;) and now I know I can get JL stuff sent there it's just made our visits more fun!!! Lol x

Does anyone else have a baby that just isn't happy? :/ Bella is such a misery when she's awake, she sleeps well but when she's awake and not feeding she is just so grumpy, I can entertain her for 5 mins max then she's crying again! Currently she's lying in her pram wide awake but chilled as I have the Hoover on! I'm going to have to turn it off soon :/

Does anyone else have a baby that just isn't happy? :/ Bella is such a misery when she's awake, she sleeps well but when she's awake and not feeding she is just so grumpy, I can entertain her for 5 mins max then she's crying again! Currently she's lying in her pram wide awake but chilled as I have the Hoover on! I'm going to have to turn it off soon :/
Is she colic hun?? I only ask coz all i've read have said if you have a colic baby to turn on a hoover/washing machine/dryer to calm them...

Rebecca can be like that at times particularly in the evening... she either wants to eat or sleep she just isn't interested in being entertained. Shes much more content in the morning and will lay under her play mat but she would prefer to be in arms....I put that down to the fact I'm breastfeeding and she just wants to be with me. Are you breastfeeding I can't remember? I did get told bf babies tend to be less content than ff babies do it could be that? Xx

Is she colic hun?? I only ask coz all i've read have said if you have a colic baby to turn on a hoover/washing machine/dryer to calm them...

Rebecca can be like that at times particularly in the evening... she either wants to eat or sleep she just isn't interested in being entertained. Shes much more content in the morning and will lay under her play mat but she would prefer to be in arms....I put that down to the fact I'm breastfeeding and she just wants to be with me. Are you breastfeeding I can't remember? I did get told bf babies tend to be less content than ff babies do it could be that? Xx[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your replies girls. We have been treating her for colic since she was 2 weeks old and had got better but the last couple of weeks she is mainly unsettled when awake. We have just bought Ewan the dream sheep so really hoping he works.....

She is formula feed and like Rebecca more content in the mornings, grumpy from midday, screams around 3 - 4 o'clock ish for about an hour until she exhausts herself (apparently typical colic symptoms) she then needs to be held to sleep in the evening abc then goes down in her Moses basket to sleep around 11pm - I think alot of the grumpiness is because she gets overtired, maybe it's time we try and start a little routine :/ xx

Thomas can be happy for a little bit but after a while he cries what we've called his "devil cry" then he becomes really hard to settle before eventually falling asleep! We've always thought he was just fighting his sleep, might read up in colic but we've been giving him infacol as he's so hard to burp xx

Rebecca can be like that at times particularly in the evening... she either wants to eat or sleep she just isn't interested in being entertained. Shes much more content in the morning and will lay under her play mat but she would prefer to be in arms....I put that down to the fact I'm breastfeeding and she just wants to be with me. Are you breastfeeding I can't remember? I did get told bf babies tend to be less content than ff babies do it could be that? Xx Thank you for your replies girls. We have been treating her for colic since she was 2 weeks old and had got better but the last couple of weeks she is mainly unsettled when awake. We have just bought Ewan the dream sheep so really hoping he works..... She is formula feed and like Rebecca more content in the mornings, grumpy from midday, screams around 3 - 4 o'clock ish for about an hour until she exhausts herself (apparently typical colic symptoms) she then needs to be held to sleep in the evening abc then goes down in her Moses basket to sleep around 11pm - I think alot of the grumpiness is because she gets overtired, maybe it's time we try and start a little routine :/ xx

Does Bella nap in the day hun? If not it could well be overtiredness with a bit of colic. We really struggle to get Seth to nap, he won't go down for his big sleep until 11 ish. By 8ish he's tired and stroppy and gets so cross that only way I can calm him is to hold him constantly and bf until he eventually nods off at 10.30/11.00. It's so tough when they're grumpy :( The only way I can get him to nap is in his pram and it makes such a difference to our evenings when he's napped in the day.

I do think some of it is just wanting mum though, it's easy for us to forget that they're still only tiny and we are the world to them. And it does get easier, I was either holding or feeding Seth pretty much constantly for the first few weeks but now he's a lot happier to play on his mat by himself and entertain himself for a bit. He seems a lot happier over the last few weeks and we're getting lots more smiles too! Hang in there xxx

I read somewhere that the hours from about 5pm known as the 'witching hour' in babies up to 3 or 4 months because that's when they get unsettled and either over tired or over stimulated. The thing I read said that Dad often comes home from work and wants cuddles and to play so baby gets over stimulated when it should be winding down time. Since Cole has been napping in the day he's completely changed at night though. He never napped in the day so I literally have to force him, either with white noise or rocking him in his chair. He's getting better at it though and actually nodded off himself today but that could be because he's got a cold. We've started putting him to bed at 7 and getting him up for a bottle at 11 then he sleeps to 3 or 4 then gets up at 6.30-7ish so we only have one night feed and he's still getting nearly 12 hours sleep at night. X

I also read that the best way to fix the day grumpiness is to try to get baby to nap after no more than 90 minutes of being awake. Today Cole got up at 6.30 then napped 7.50-9.10 then 11.45-12.15 then 13.10-15.00 then 1600-16.20 then bed at 7. Again, it could be his cold but that's been pretty much the pattern for the past week and he only started with the cold today.

Does Bella nap in the day hun? If not it could well be overtiredness with a bit of colic. We really struggle to get Seth to nap, he won't go down for his big sleep until 11 ish. By 8ish he's tired and stroppy and gets so cross that only way I can calm him is to hold him constantly and bf until he eventually nods off at 10.30/11.00. It's so tough when they're grumpy :( The only way I can get him to nap is in his pram and it makes such a difference to our evenings when he's napped in the day.

I do think some of it is just wanting mum though, it's easy for us to forget that they're still only tiny and we are the world to them. And it does get easier, I was either holding or feeding Seth pretty much constantly for the first few weeks but now he's a lot happier to play on his mat by himself and entertain himself for a bit. He seems a lot happier over the last few weeks and we're getting lots more smiles too! Hang in there xxx

She used to and could often sleep all day when she wasn't being fed, I guess she's growing up and is awake more during the day... She had a long sleep in her pram today as I was out fir a long time. She hasn't really slept since about 2.30 and I can tell she is really tired and I guess having a tummy ache doesn't help. I might have to build in two seperate walks in to my day so she definitely has some guaranteed sleep!

It's just so hard to see her so unhappy and feel there is nothing I can do to help :( xx

I also read that the best way to fix the day grumpiness is to try to get baby to nap after no more than 90 minutes of being awake. Today Cole got up at 6.30 then napped 7.50-9.10 then 11.45-12.15 then 13.10-15.00 then 1600-16.20 then bed at 7. Again, it could be his cold but that's been pretty much the pattern for the past week and he only started with the cold today.

Does Cole cry when you put him down during the day? Bella is fine at night but in the day screams if she's not in the mood for a nap, Infact the only way she will sleep in the day now is on her pram or on me! :-o up until about a week ago she would sleep anywhere! x

QUOTE="Danni86;7166589"]Thomas can be happy for a little bit but after a while he cries what we've called his "devil cry" then he becomes really hard to settle before eventually falling asleep! We've always thought he was just fighting his sleep, might read up in colic but we've been giving him infacol as he's so hard to burp xx[/QUOTE]

Sounds like colic to me, infacol is what we use and occasionally gripe water which makes them do massive burps! X

She used to and could often sleep all day when she wasn't being fed, I guess she's growing up and is awake more during the day... She had a long sleep in her pram today as I was out fir a long time. She hasn't really slept since about 2.30 and I can tell she is really tired and I guess having a tummy ache doesn't help. I might have to build in two seperate walks in to my day so she definitely has some guaranteed sleep!

It's just so hard to see her so unhappy and feel there is nothing I can do to help :( xx

Does she enjoy having a bath? I was told a bath can help with tummy pain as well as wearing them out so they sleep. So could be an option to introduce a bath near to when you want her to sleep. Xx

She used to and could often sleep all day when she wasn't being fed, I guess she's growing up and is awake more during the day... She had a long sleep in her pram today as I was out fir a long time. She hasn't really slept since about 2.30 and I can tell she is really tired and I guess having a tummy ache doesn't help. I might have to build in two seperate walks in to my day so she definitely has some guaranteed sleep! It's just so hard to see her so unhappy and feel there is nothing I can do to help :( xx

They do stay awake longer as they get older - more to be interested in and to see and do! Seth used to fall asleep in his pram without fail but now he only does it half the time as he gets interested looking around and watching what's going on.

I know what you mean, I'm trying to settle Seth right now and it's hell, the second I put him in his basket he starts getting upset. White noise doesn't work when he's like this - nothing does! He's knackered, I can tell he's knackered, but he won't give up and sleep. It's so frustrating so I completely understand. And we don't even have the colic to deal with!

You can read every parenting website/book in the world and nothing might suit your baby, they are all so different and that what makes it hard! xxx

I've got Thomas happy in his Moses basket but no sign of going to sleep!

Attachments

• image-2541552885.jpg
    image-2541552885.jpg
    332.1 KB · Views: 44
I've got Thomas happy in his Moses basket but no sign of going to sleep!

Aww bless him at least he is happy! I see that sight every night through the bars of Rebecca's crib. ... eyes wide open no sign of going to sleep! They are little monkeys at fighting sleep aren't they? X

He's an expert at it! 2 hours up but he's off to sleep now :) x

Back