Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Well I cant now, it just started flipping raining!! But thanks, good to know it cant hurt as I HATE the airers being out in the house (part of my ocd, lol), I don't dry on radiators and we don't have a tumble dryer anymore so line it is....when the rain stops, that is.

Same here!!! N it takes so much longer on the clothes horse too. So mines out n drying :)

Same here!!! N it takes so much longer on the clothes horse too. So mines out n drying :)

Yeah we hang out where possible. Especially in the summer, it was so hot, I could have whole loads dry in a few hours.
We are the same as cai, we just wash her stuff the same we do ours though I did separate it all out at the beginning.
Now i tend to do hers separately but if I've not got enough for a full load will bung it in with ours
X

Yeah we hang out where possible. Especially in the summer, it was so hot, I could have whole loads dry in a few hours.
We are the same as cai, we just wash her stuff the same we do ours though I did separate it all out at the beginning.
Now i tend to do hers separately but if I've not got enough for a full load will bung it in with ours
X
Do you use non bio for all clothes or just wash hers in "normal" detergent?

I've started doing bits of Cole's with ours too and just use normal detergent. He's been ok with it so far but I keep some non bio just in case.

Am so afraid to do hers with ours... I have such sensitive skin so would hate to irritate her skin.. So I'll just use up the washing powder n softener I currently use on ours n do it all in Non-Bio n then I won't need to do it all separate..

Benn and I are both itchy so we use non bio as standard. Have done for years. We do use fabric softener but tends to be sensitive stuff x

I use the sensitive fabric conditioner too, mainly because I like the smell of it. If I'm doing a full wash of just Cole's stuff I use the non bio but if I'm just chucking one or two bits in with ours I dont bother. I expected Cole to have sensitive skin because Tom does but he's not had any kind of dry skin or anything yet.

Girls do ye hang baby's washing out on the washing line??? We've fab weather here today n have just find a baby wash... But don't know if I wana hang it out on the line... Kinda defeats the purpose of using dettol in her wash....????

I use the dryer a lot for convenience but in my antenatal classes they said it was better to sun dry clothes x

My DH has sensitive skin so I use persil sensitive powder and baby comforter for all our washes as well x

I saw this on FB and had to share...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 103
Am so afraid to do hers with ours... I have such sensitive skin so would hate to irritate her skin.. So I'll just use up the washing powder n softener I currently use on ours n do it all in Non-Bio n then I won't need to do it all separate..

Yeah I use non bio for all of ours, but then I always did that because of my skin anyway x

Clothes washing convo is interesting! I had an odd reaction to bio washing powder years back so I use non bio anyway and have done for years. So I wash all of our clothes together, split by colour of course! The only thing I did was swap our fabric conditioner to comfort pure so it's ok for Seth. He has quite dry skin and he gets red and sore really easily (no surprise really as I have funny skin and psoriasis) so I'm figuring it's best to be careful.

I just dry his clothes anywhere tbh! We don't have a tumble drier so I dry everything on two big airers in front of the radiator. Or outside in the summer I guess!

Hey ladies, just wondering if u bought many outfits in new born size, as in up to 10lb? Just been going through what I have bought and seem to have a lot of 0-3 months n then some 3-6 months but only a couple new born outfits. Rest are sleep suits xx

Has anyone had dry flaky skin on their boobs?
I have it on just one, to the side and under the nipple but not on the nipple. It's flaking a lot but not sure what's causing it!

I'm expressing and wearing breast pads but thought if it's that it would affect both sides?!

Hey ladies, just wondering if u bought many outfits in new born size, as in up to 10lb? Just been going through what I have bought and seem to have a lot of 0-3 months n then some 3-6 months but only a couple new born outfits. Rest are sleep suits xx

Kerry Eabha is still in her NB stuff n is 5 weeks tomoro. She was quite small born (6 15) so had room in them but I'd def have some. Not allot as they won't last long but 10lb is quite a big baby. She's 8lb 2oz now n they're getting tight on her length wise but she's longer than "average" Otherwise they'd be perfect

Has anyone had dry flaky skin on their boobs?
I have it on just one, to the side and under the nipple but not on the nipple. It's flaking a lot but not sure what's causing it!

I'm expressing and wearing breast pads but thought if it's that it would affect both sides?!

No hun but iv still been packing myself with baby oil after showers xx

I didn't buy enough newborn, everything swamped Cole. But he weighed 7lb 12oz born so he wasn't the 'big baby' my consultant told us to expect. But my friend had a 9lb baby recently and he wasn't in newborn for very long. Plus it depends on their length too. We went shopping when Cole was about a week old and got him some new clothes in newborn. It also depends where you buy them from. Primark newborn are tiny, Asda are short in the leg (sleep suits) but Next are really good.
I think just have a few bits ready and if you can go shopping once baby is born then you don't waste money x

I have come to the conclusion (and need to share with the people yet to have a baby) that yes giving birth is painful, but being sleep deprived for months is the true killer!! Stevie is 24 weeks old and has never slept through (gave me one night where he almost after his jabs) Last night was dire!! Went to bed at 7 Awake for 9:30 - bottle (7oz) Awake for 1:15 - bottle (5oz) Awake for 3:30 - bottle (6oz) Awake 4:15, 4:40, 5:10, 5:30....all for a dummy and cuddle... Awake for the day at 6am... I slept from 10:30-1:15, 2-3:30...then don't feel like I've slept much since!! :-( My eye is twitching like I'm winking at everything and everyone... There is not enough chocolate in the world to pick me up today (but I'll give it a good go!!) lol xx

Blimey Cai, he's really giving you the run around! I've had three months of broken sleep and I'm ready to drop so I take my hat off to you! It genuinely is painful and part of the reason I'm struggling to diet I think...

We've had fun this week, a mix of ok sleep and two awful nights in a row where Seth went to bed at 11.30/12 and then woke up at 2.30 and stayed up! I was like a zombie after that and ended up falling asleep on my friend when she came over last night lol ;) I just keep telling myself that it has to get better at some point! xxx

Back