Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Another anterior placenta here. I did with Jacob and didn't feel proper movement or kicks until 21-22weeks.

This time again it's anterior and I felt kicks I'd say earlier around 18 weeks.

Don't worry!! Xx

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Back from town and was very restrained :eek:
I only spent £20 in H&M- the stuff was lovely but they didn't have a lot of the smaller sizes I was after and a lot of it was very gender specific in colour.
But it's handy I still have £40 on the gift card so I can in there once baby is here and buy some nice stuff :)
Already got my eye on a Tigger sleep suit which would be perfect for a little boy! And a very pretty pink dress :)
Here is a pic of what I brought- I really had to hunt for a small size in the WTP sleep suit but I was determined not to leave the store without it!!!

image-1280995115.jpg

I saw it and knew I had to have it! I kept finding nothing but 6-9 months but I wasn't giving up and eventually found a 0-1 month :D I think we would have had WTP theme even if we'd found out what we was having. After all he made it quite clear he wasn't going to let me loose with Thomas the tank engine if we had found out lol x

Aw why? What's the theme now? I want to do a zoo theme lol x

Aw we've got a jungle/zoo theme with lions and giraffes and bright colours. Love it x

Hi i know you have spoke about this before so sorry for repeating!

Which monitors did you say where best? I have seen an angel care one or Motorola video one ?

Evening ladies,

What are your views on making up bottles and chilling them to use when needed and what's the correct way to do it? We have been making up bottles as and when and in the middle of the night there's been a few occasions we have had to make a new bottle up as we have questioned whether we had put correct scoops in, cue a screaming baby because she's waiting too long for her dinner!

Any help would be much appreciated xx

Aww I love the bear! So cute!
Other halves Art work... We love it :)
That is adorable! Love it I was going to do nuetual too then I decide I want zoo animals with circus colours lol x
Aww that's luvly. Is still neutral. Do I kno what ur having? Hav u seen Sarah's nursery?? Fab!!!
Hi i know you have spoke about this before so sorry for repeating!

Which monitors did you say where best? I have seen an angel care one or Motorola video one ?
I've. Motorola video one now. Love it
Had been using a friends angel care n wasn't best pleased/impressed with it
Evening ladies,

What are your views on making up bottles and chilling them to use when needed and what's the correct way to do it? We have been making up bottles as and when and in the middle of the night there's been a few occasions we have had to make a new bottle up as we have questioned whether we had put correct scoops in, cue a screaming baby because she's waiting too long for her dinner!

I make them up 3 at a time n leave them on the counter til needed.
I boil the kettle. Leav it for 20 mins, make up the bottle, n leave sitting in cold water for 10 mins to chill instantly. Then leave them in the side. Have done this since day 1 of making bottles n have had no issues. N got the advice off mum2be (the Irish forum I'm on)
The "right way" is whatever way u find suits u. U'll find so many different ppl saying this is right n this is wrong. I've mentioned this to my HV n she's happy enough with it as long as its suiting Eabhs. N it is (I feed Eabha her bottles at room temp)
Technically the advice they're told to give now us to make a bottle as its needed. But that doesn't work (for me) when Eabha decided she's hungry an hour before she's "due" a feed!!!!

Evening ladies, What are your views on making up bottles and chilling them to use when needed and what's the correct way to do it? We have been making up bottles as and when and in the middle of the night there's been a few occasions we have had to make a new bottle up as we have questioned whether we had put correct scoops in, cue a screaming baby because she's waiting too long for her dinner! Any help would be much appreciated xx

We make them up for the night feeds. Cool them
Totally and put them in fridge before we go to bed. Then when need them put them in microwave for 20 seconds ten give them a really good shake to avoid hot spots. This is how it used to be done although HV recommends that you make feeds as you need them. We do during the day but at night we have a really screaming baby and it's just not practical for me to make bottle, hold screaming baby, cool bottle all at the same time.

We use the bottles in the fridge within 12 hours. As I say HV wouldn't recommend this anymore.

We did try taking flask of hot water and powder to bed but that also had problems with taking too long to get to right temperature.

Oliver doesn't wait long before screaming!'

Evening ladies,

In the out and about section of the book the hvs used to give out they suggest you do the following:
Sterilise (doh! :) )
Boil kettle and wait 20mins
Make bottles up as usual
Place in bowl/sink cold water for ten mins
Place straight at back of fridge
When going out keep cold using cool blocks etc

However, several friends (and us when needed) have done this as a matter of course every day so they are all made up and ready to go to avoid the situation you mentioned! And then heat as needed. You could do it for 24hrs, that's the max you can keep them, or 12 hours or just overnight, whatever suits you.
I tend to microwave them to heat up....I know im a bad mummy, but I do have a v clean microwave and I obviously shake it really well to disperse any hot spots!

If you can afford it the Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep machine is FAB! It literally takes two minutes to make a bottle from scratch so I don't have to mess about making them up beforehand. It's brilliant for the middle of the night. Price varies but the RRP is £100. Mine was £65 from Asda baby event (which starts again next week) and they've been on Amazon for about £60.

Thanks so much ladies, it's only really for the night time, making bottles up and then questioning whether we have done it right and remaking is driving us round the bend, could we heat it in a bowl of hot water rather than microwave as I'm very dubious about ours! She only likes bottles room temperature so it wouldn't take long just to take the chill off surely?

If you can afford it the Tommee Tippee Perfect Prep machine is FAB! It literally takes two minutes to make a bottle from scratch so I don't have to mess about making them up beforehand. It's brilliant for the middle of the night. Price varies but the RRP is £100. Mine was £65 from Asda baby event (which starts again next week) and they've been on Amazon for about £60.

I have just been discussing the machine with hubby as well I'm trying to talk him round!

Agree with sarah...the machine makes a bottle in 2 mins at perfect temperature and takes a lot of stress out of it all :p

Back