Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

TMI post alert...

So I'm on the depo injection which has just about stopped my periods. I have still tracked the spotting I've had on my phone app and it says my cycle is 34 days long.

Anyway, I just went for a poo and there was 'pressure' - when I wiped there was quite a lot of blood and clotty stringy bits too...any idea why??

You need Katie! It does sound similar to what I had when I was on it but I only had one injection as I was on most of the 3months after I had had it. Some days were lighter/brownish spotting, some days were vile, stringy clots etc etc...needless to say it did it's job in terms of contraception as we did no dtd during those 3months! But as to reason I don't know. Hormones just don't suit me.
Hope it goes soon xx

Girls, this never happened to me when I was pregnant so need your advice for a friend. She's 28 weeks pregnant and her lady bits are constantly swollen. I know it happened to some of you so do any of you have anything she can try to ease it? X

Cai this will be your period you will find the amount should reduce the more times you have the injection, if you decide to continue with it that is.

Sarah a swollen vulva can be due to a number of problems but is usually just due to the extra weight. The best things to relieve it are to ensure she is drinking plenty of water To help remove toxins and aid lymphatic drainage.
Not sitting flat for long periods of time, sitting on a ball can help.
A soak in a warm making sure that the lower half of your body is submerged in the water.
If any itching/discharge alongside swelling get checked for thrush/other infections.

HTH xx

I've just offered Eva 1/2 of an oz of cooled boiled water as she was a little bit constipated she took 1/4 of an oz it has worked straight away in making her poo but then the seed of doubt crept in and now panicking that I shouldn't have done it, it's not going to interfere with her feed as it's in between them, but I just remember the HV saying not before 6 months :-/

Cai this will be your period you will find the amount should reduce the more times you have the injection, if you decide to continue with it that is. Sarah a swollen vulva can be due to a number of problems but is usually just due to the extra weight. The best things to relieve it are to ensure she is drinking plenty of water To help remove toxins and aid lymphatic drainage. Not sitting flat for long periods of time, sitting on a ball can help. A soak in a warm making sure that the lower half of your body is submerged in the water. If any itching/discharge alongside swelling get checked for thrush/other infections. HTH xx

Fab, thanks. She works in an office so has to sit down most of the day but can get up and move about. I'll pass it all on to her. She said there's no itching or discharge, it's literally swelling. Xx

I've just offered Eva 1/2 of an oz of cooled boiled water as she was a little bit constipated she took 1/4 of an oz it has worked straight away in making her poo but then the seed of doubt crept in and now panicking that I shouldn't have done it, it's not going to interfere with her feed as it's in between them, but I just remember the HV saying not before 6 months :-/

Don't panic honey. Our HV told us to offer Oliver cooled boiled water every day so mixed advice out there and not going to harm her x

Don't worry hun, they all say different things. It worked! And she will be happier for it xx

Don't panic honey. Our HV told us to offer Oliver cooled boiled water every day so mixed advice out there and not going to harm her x
Don't worry hun, they all say different things. It worked! And she will be happier for it xx

Thank god for that, honestly these HVs need to be giving the same information out, really made me panic then!!

Thank god for that, honestly these HVs need to be giving the same information out, really made me panic then!!

I was like this but now just taking what they say as advice and literally that. All babies are different so have to adapt for them. The little water you have Eva worked so that's good, and she will feel so much me comfortable now x

Girls, this never happened to me when I was pregnant so need your advice for a friend. She's 28 weeks pregnant and her lady bits are constantly swollen. I know it happened to some of you so do any of you have anything she can try to ease it? X

I had this towards the end combined with thrush and it was so uncomfy. I found loads and loads of water (drinking wise) helped and as Katie said not sitting too long. And if I did sit I used to try raise my legs, even just a little bit seemed to help. And loose undies as well.. Doesn't help with the swelling as such but does keep them more comfy. What else....ah yes, cream of some sort to keep it a bit 'moist' (sorry girls if tmi) as I found they got a bit hot and dry and that made it worse. DONOT USE SUDOCREME though. It was all I had to begin with but oh my god. The pain. I used aqueous cream and then canesten when I needed it.
It all went afterwards though. Within hours xx

I had this towards the end combined with thrush and it was so uncomfy. I found loads and loads of water (drinking wise) helped and as Katie said not sitting too long. And if I did sit I used to try raise my legs, even just a little bit seemed to help. And loose undies as well.. Doesn't help with the swelling as such but does keep them more comfy. What else....ah yes, cream of some sort to keep it a bit 'moist' (sorry girls if tmi) as I found they got a bit hot and dry and that made it worse. DONOT USE SUDOCREME though. It was all I had to begin with but oh my god. The pain. I used aqueous cream and then canesten when I needed it. It all went afterwards though. Within hours xx

She text me earlier saying she was sat with her legs spread with ice in a towel to soothe it!! Nicer image. I'll pass on all these suggestions. I don't envy her, she's got another 12 weeks to go to her due date xx

Deleted post :)

Last edited:
I could find were C&G
6.jpg

Just took Bella for her 1st injections, she howled :( she's asleep in her pram now but would usually wake up as soon as we get home, my poor little girlie!

Just took Bella for her 1st injections, she howled :( she's asleep in her pram now but would usually wake up as soon as we get home, my poor little girlie!

Poor Bella!! She'll have forgotten about it by the time she wakes up luckily, it upsets us more :( Cole's got his third lot on Thursday then none for ages, thankfully x

Poor Bella!! She'll have forgotten about it by the time she wakes up luckily, it upsets us more :( Cole's got his third lot on Thursday then none for ages, thankfully x

QUOTE="Dubchick81;7241164"]Oh poor little woman
As Sarah said, its far worse on us. They forget soon as its over almost[/QUOTE]

She seems ok now bless her cottons! I'm still a bit sad though as she really cried :(
Hope Coles goes well on Thursday x

QUOTE="Dubchick81;7241164"]Oh poor little woman As Sarah said, its far worse on us. They forget soon as its over almost
She seems ok now bless her cottons! I'm still a bit sad though as she really cried :( Hope Coles goes well on Thursday x[/QUOTE]

Cole seems to think he's ten men!! He actually laughed at the nurse at his last ones. Little hard nut. Dreading them still because the nurse said they can go the opposite way at their next ones and cry loads :( glad Tom will be there x

I'm not looking forward to taking my little one for its injection, when that time comes :(
I get into a state just having needles in the same room as me (I have a very horrible phobia of needles) so god help me!

I'm not looking forward to taking my little one for its injection, when that time comes :( I get into a state just having needles in the same room as me (I have a very horrible phobia of needles) so god help me!

Eek! The worst part is you have to hold them on your knee while they do it so you're bad cop :( but if it stops them getting ill bad cop is a small price to pay x

Back