Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

aww bless her, It is awful isnt it!! And when they cry too :(

Hope shes ok now though x

Aww bless her. The nurse got all teary at mine-she said that's the worse part of her job! They gave her the jabs first then the rotavirus one as it's sweet and sugary-that stopped her wailing! So if you have that as an option might be worth asking! We've got the next set in a few months-not looking forward to that. She's a big girl and hard to hold onto at the best of times! X

She's been fine all afternoon and just suddenly started screaming an hour ago, got completely beside herself :( she's just fallen asleep on her changing mat without having her bed time bottle.. I wouldn't worry so much but she only drunk 2oz at her last feed.
Think ill have to risk waking her to try her milk :/

She's been fine all afternoon and just suddenly started screaming an hour ago, got completely beside herself :( she's just fallen asleep on her changing mat without having her bed time bottle.. I wouldn't worry so much but she only drunk 2oz at her last feed.
Think ill have to risk waking her to try her milk :/

Aww bless her. Maybe put some cal pol in? Might help her settle and make her feel better if she's feeling a bit pants x

Aww bless her. Maybe put some cal pol in? Might help her settle and make her feel better if she's feeling a bit pants x

She had some calpol and is now sparko after just 2oz - feel really worried but guess this is normal for them to be a bit off? I took her temp and it was 36.. x

She had some calpol and is now sparko after just 2oz - feel really worried but guess this is normal for them to be a bit off? I took her temp and it was 36.. x

Is that forehead or inner ear?

Oliver slept then woke screaming when he had his, it was a proper sorry cry too. Felt so sorry for him. After a good sleep he was fine. Hope Bella is too x

Is that forehead or inner ear?

Oliver slept then woke screaming when he had his, it was a proper sorry cry too. Felt so sorry for him. After a good sleep he was fine. Hope Bella is too x

Under her arm pit.
She's sleeping soundly now, got the monitor on but I'm in the bedroom checking on her every 10 mins :/ x

Cole has been in bed since 6.30 but, about half an hour ago, he woke up screaming. When I got him out of his crib to cuddle him he was farting quite a lot and cried more with every one then calmed down in between. I gave him some gripe water and he's gone back to sleep but is there anything I can do? It was as if each one of the farts was hurting him. He has gripe water usually 2 times a day. I always give him it with his bottle around 7am as he won't wind during the night and quite often he has some with his bedtime bottle for the same reason but he didn't tonight. He didn't seem to have any problems getting the wind out, it just seemed to be hurting him to do it although he did only start doing it when I picked him up. It's happened a few times where he cries when he farts but it's never woke him up like that before.

Cole has been in bed since 6.30 but, about half an hour ago, he woke up screaming. When I got him out of his crib to cuddle him he was farting quite a lot and cried more with every one then calmed down in between. I gave him some gripe water and he's gone back to sleep but is there anything I can do? It was as if each one of the farts was hurting him. He has gripe water usually 2 times a day. I always give him it with his bottle around 7am as he won't wind during the night and quite often he has some with his bedtime bottle for the same reason but he didn't tonight. He didn't seem to have any problems getting the wind out, it just seemed to be hurting him to do it although he did only start doing it when I picked him up. It's happened a few times where he cries when he farts but it's never woke him up like that before.

Aww poor Cole :( I have wondered if there is anything else we can give when this happens as well.. Hope he sleeps well for the rest of the night and someone is able to give you some advice x

Aww poor Cole :( I have wondered if there is anything else we can give when this happens as well.. Hope he sleeps well for the rest of the night and someone is able to give you some advice x

He's just woke up for his bottle, which is slightly earlier than normal but he had just over 5oz then fell asleep on Tom with no tears so I think the gripe water eased it. Just wish there was more I could do x

Thomas had his on Saturday and didn't eat as much and slept more for the first couple of days as well, he was grumpy too but don't know if it's the vaccines or developmental leap or both! :-/ xx

36 week MW appt went well- baby is head down, 3/5 engaged :)
MW said they'll let me go 12 days overdue so I know I'll be induced on May 29th if baby hasn't put in an appearance by then :)
Back in 2 weeks and that'll be May 7th :eek: it's getting so close!!! X

By the way tommorow at aldi there's loads of baby stuff at a bargain
And nappies and other stuff to defo gonna pop down there tommorow :)

Attachments

• image-185314154.jpg
    image-185314154.jpg
    208.9 KB · Views: 62
  • image-2254554529.jpg
    image-2254554529.jpg
    265.1 KB · Views: 60
  • image-2411494767.jpg
    image-2411494767.jpg
    205.8 KB · Views: 74
Well I've had a very eventful hospital appt and I feel all freaked out We have been to the consultant basically I have to start baby aspirin (apparently I should have been on it from 12 weeks! I have to have extra scans at 28 and 34 weeks because of high risks associate with ivf and babies not growing ( I was never told any of this) she has to write to the consultant resp team here regarding my pneumothorax and see if there is concern about a normal birth she started talking about a c section but she said I might be able to have a normal labour. Then she started on about pre eclampsia although bp Is currently fine. Glucose tolerance test at 28 weeks all in all an eventful appt ?x

Ladies Eva's got a cold by the sounds of her and I don't know what to do, she's only just under 4 weeks, is it just a case of lots of cuddles till it passes, I know she can't have any medication although I have given her some nasosol for her bunged up nose bless her :(

Ladies Eva's got a cold by the sounds of her and I don't know what to do, she's only just under 4 weeks, is it just a case of lots of cuddles till it passes, I know she can't have any medication although I have given her some nasosol for her bunged up nose bless her :(

You can get nasal aspirators that suck all the nasty nose stuff out. And I got told to take Cole into the bathroom when it's steamy as that can help too. Also, tilt the top of her Moses/crib as it'll make it easier for her to breathe. Poor little lady, hope she's better soon x

Awww poor Eva :( maybe put some snuffle baby in a bowl of boiling water close to her? I know you can't put it on their skin until they are 3 months old but should think this will be ok... You can also buy plug ins that help with their colds, I think they are useable from birth and are by the same company cal-pol x

Oliver had a cold at that age and it sucks! Keep using the saline spray or drops. Put some baby olbas or sniffle baby on a rag near her but not on her, or put it in water to help unblock her nose. If Pete has a hot shower, take her in the bathroom and hopefully the steam will help. Apart from that lots or cuddles, frequent feeding- milk and water- and just keep an eye on her temperature.

Hugs to you both x

You can get nasal aspirators that suck all the nasty nose stuff out. And I got told to take Cole into the bathroom when it's steamy as that can help too. Also, tilt the top of her Moses/crib as it'll make it easier for her to breathe. Poor little lady, hope she's better soon x
Awww poor Eva :( maybe put some snuffle baby in a bowl of boiling water close to her? I know you can't put it on their skin until they are 3 months old but should think this will be ok... You can also buy plug ins that help with their colds, I think they are useable from birth and are by the same company cal-pol x

Thanks ladies, my sister is going to the pharmacy to get us a nasal aspirator, and to ask about anything else suitable for a baby, in the meantime Pete's on duty until 1am so I can get some sleep and then I'm going to take over she's so stuffy and grizzly she will only settle on one of us, I'm not well either so we will be poorly together :(

Oliver had a cold at that age and it sucks! Keep using the saline spray or drops. Put some baby olbas or sniffle baby on a rag near her but not on her, or put it in water to help unblock her nose. If Pete has a hot shower, take her in the bathroom and hopefully the steam will help. Apart from that lots or cuddles, frequent feeding- milk and water- and just keep an eye on her temperature. Hugs to you both x

Thanks penny, I'll keep an eye on her temp as well I didn't even think of that! Xx

Back