Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Had a 3d scan ? but baby is breech at 25 weeks should I panic :-/ how can I get it to turn xx

Dont panic thats the main thing...u still have a while to go so baby still has time to turn around!
What did they say to u wen they said babies breech x

Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Had a 3d scan ? but baby is breech at 25 weeks should I panic :-/ how can I get it to turn xx

No don't panic in the slightest. We assess properly at 36 weeks. He/she could be head down now, and in 15 mins breech, then an hr later head down again. They are all over the shop at the moment. So don't worry xx

Hey ladies, I have just had the midwife round at home to tell me I've got group b strep infection. She left me a leaflet to read up on and it's left me feeling really worried. apparently it can't get cleared up till I'm in labour or my waters break. then I have to be put on antibiotics so I don't pass it onto the baby. Have any of u had it or heard of anyone having it? it can be quite serious if passed onto baby. :-( xx

Hey ladies, I have just had the midwife round at home to tell me I've got group b strep infection. She left me a leaflet to read up on and it's left me feeling really worried. apparently it can't get cleared up till I'm in labour or my waters break. then I have to be put on antibiotics so I don't pass it onto the baby. Have any of u had it or heard of anyone having it? it can be quite serious if passed onto baby. :-( xx

I haven't sadly. Sorry to hear that. Xx

Try not to worry hun, I had it too. How many weeks are you? And how did they find it?
It's transient, ie it comes and goes and it affects 30-40% of the population. It causes no problems normally and we only 'treat' in labour as it can sometimes get passed onto baby but it's rare.
They give iv antibiotics in labour and it doesn't cure it (nothing will or can) but it can help prevent transmission to baby. If there are any risk factors such as waters going for a long time or you having a temp or baby having a temp they will give baby some iv antibiotics after birth and do some blood tests to see if they are ok but like I say it's rare.
They could have tested you next week and not found it, so be glad they have though it can be a worry. Best to be safe and they will keep a close on you both.
Let me know if you have any q's, will answer as best I can x

Try not to worry hun, I had it too. How many weeks are you? And how did they find it? It's transient, ie it comes and goes and it affects 30-40% of the population. It causes no problems normally and we only 'treat' in labour as it can sometimes get passed onto baby but it's rare. They give iv antibiotics in labour and it doesn't cure it (nothing will or can) but it can help prevent transmission to baby. If there are any risk factors such as waters going for a long time or you having a temp or baby having a temp they will give baby some iv antibiotics after birth and do some blood tests to see if they are ok but like I say it's rare. They could have tested you next week and not found it, so be glad they have though it can be a worry. Best to be safe and they will keep a close on you both. Let me know if you have any q's, will answer as best I can x

Thanks for that Susie, put my mind at ease a bit. The leaflet is so scary saying things like it can be life threatening if passed onto baby. I am 33 wk's. I I my found out I had it because I had a bit of bleeding last wk so they took some swabs. Xx

Thank you susie xx

Girls, anyone using the Clevamamma Clevascoop... STOP!
The Irish forum I'm on have just discovered it doesn't give the correct amount of formula!!
Loads of them have written emails of complaint
good to know thanks xxx

I wouldnt worry at all, i know baby can decide to move around last minute. but there's plenty of time and ways to help baby move xx

suzie has given the best info. Try not to worry hun xx

I had group strep b with lucas... a test was never done so I wasnt put on antibiotics.. but after having my csection lucas was put on them and so was I! Now with this baby they told me no point testig as it can say I have got it n havent n vice versa soooooo im jus goin to be on antibiotics in labour jus incase... plz dnt worry hun u are goin t be on antibiotics so these will help..
Xx

Thanks for that Susie, put my mind at ease a bit. The leaflet is so scary saying things like it can be life threatening if passed onto baby. I am 33 wk's. I I my found out I had it because I had a bit of bleeding last wk so they took some swabs. Xx

Ah bless you hun, it sounds scary but the main thing is they can help prevent transmission and they will monitor baby after birth for at least 12 hrs checking their temp, colour, breathing, feeding and pulse. And if there are any worries they will deal with it. You can still have a normal birth, you don't need extra monitoring in labour unless they are concerned about anything else, some hosps will let you have a water birth, others will let you labour in water and birth on land as it were.
Try not to worry too much x

I had group strep b with lucas... a test was never done so I wasnt put on antibiotics.. but after having my csection lucas was put on them and so was I! Now with this baby they told me no point testig as it can say I have got it n havent n vice versa soooooo im jus goin to be on antibiotics in labour jus incase... plz dnt worry hun u are goin t be on antibiotics so these will help.. Xx Sent from my GT-I9195 using MiniMins.com mobile app
Ah bless you hun, it sounds scary but the main thing is they can help prevent transmission and they will monitor baby after birth for at least 12 hrs checking their temp, colour, breathing, feeding and pulse. And if there are any worries they will deal with it. You can still have a normal birth, you don't need extra monitoring in labour unless they are concerned about anything else, some hosps will let you have a water birth, others will let you labour in water and birth on land as it were. Try not to worry too much x

Thanks girls, u have made me feel a lot better about it. all seemed so black and white earlier when I was reading the leaflet but it's comforting talking to people that have had it too. .. N Susie u told me so much more than the midwifes did earlier. Xx

My fridge has broken today :( I cnt stop cryin I feel really run down and so angry with the money wasted on mince chicken gammon ect and now t buy a new fridge.
I rang carl t tell him his at work n snapped at me n told me he wud get his mum or dad round??!! Wtf!!!!!!

Gggrrr

Aww sorry to hear that?
Is there anyone nearby who could store it for you?
Hope you're feeling a bit better now xxx

Ladies I need your help. It's more your opinions than advice but advice would be fab too!!

You all know about the trouble I've had getting Cole to sleep at night with him crying etc. Well it appears to have gotten worse. Tonight he's refusing to sleep, crying, arching his back and flailing his arms about. He won't even settle on his side like he usually does. I managed to get him to fall asleep on me at about 8pm but I can't sleep like that. If I put him in his cot he cries. I've finally managed to get him asleep on our bed but he's pretty much on his front, which I really don't like or want him to do. I'm literally laid watching him to make sure he's ok. I've done a spot of googling (I know!) and he's got all the symptoms of 'silent reflux'. He could have infant Gaviscon but it has to be prescribed by a doctor at his age. My question really is would you take him to the doctors? I'm scared that they'll say I'm overreacting or being an overprotective mum but we can't carry on with him like this, it's not fair on any of us, especially Cole. And if you would take him to the doctors would you ask for Gaviscon or wait and see what they say? I'm really stressing about it all now, I hate seeing my baby in pain and I'm spending yet another night in tears because I can't help him.

Personally is take him to the GP say you've spoke to a few other mums and they have mentioned gaviscon and what do they think? xxx

i too would go to gp. But dont mention googling it as i find they go funny on you then! hope hes ok & you! xx

Personally is take him to the GP say you've spoke to a few other mums and they have mentioned gaviscon and what do they think? xxx

i too would go to gp. But dont mention googling it as i find they go funny on you then! hope hes ok & you! xx

I'm gonna ring at 8 and see if I can get him in. I need to do something, this isn't fair on him. It's a good idea to say I've spoken to other mums Emma, thanks :) and Jess, I once mentioned google with my PCOS and got told off! So I don't tell them now. Xx

Yes I'd go to the gp. See what that say and if they don't mention gaviscon perhaps say that a friend of yours had a son with similar symptoms and you wondered if it was similar etc: small lie but I would want to hear their reasoning why they thought it wasn't silent reflux if that was the case. Hugs Hun xxx

Think that's what I'll do. I just hope I can get him in. I think sometimes a small lie can help xx

Ah Sarah sounds so stressful for all of you :( I have nothing new to add just what the others have said. I got told off for googling too ;) hope little man gets a decent sleep tonight x

Back