Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Does she take a dummy Frances? If Bella starts to stir and her teeth are playing up I pop some teething gel on her gums before she's fully awake and a little bit on her dummy, always does the trick.
Going to check out the amber anklets now as well just so we are prepared. x

Yea she takes it when she feels like...
PHN actually said to put some teething gel on it too...

Off topic...

What are people getting their OHs for Father's Day?? Xx

Not a clue looking for inspiration xx

I'm prob gonna get hubby a bottle of his fave red wine for Father's Day and a card for his son/daughter :)

last year i had a bouquet thing made... was little basket with 2 bottles beer, some chocolate bars of choice, sweets, a large chocolate coin which was huge and said worlds no1 dad on... cant remember what else it had in but it was good.

not a clue this year! :/

Off topic...

What are people getting their OHs for Father's Day?? Xx

Nothing. He's not my dad! (So unpopular for this answer)
I will have a card made up for him from me to him. N will get him one from É n sign it off with her handprint...

So far a worlds greatest dad cup and a card. Need to fed pick up a few more things before then!

Anyone else have crazy knuckle cracking sounds from your bump?!

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Oh god yes! I first heard it when I got up for a wee at 4am and it scared the living s**t out of me. I couldn't get back to sleep! But it didn't happen a lot, just one of those things apparently! I had never heard of it and had to google! And I'm a midwife!! :)

Yeah allllll the time!!! Freaked me out!!! xx

It's crazy isn't it!!! I thought it was me at first then happened when I was on the toilet. Wtf crossed my mind! Lol. Is it baby's bones cracking??

Alsooo is leaking boobies a sign labour is near? I didn't leak with jacob until about 12h after he was born, but I've Just had to shower as I've been leaking abit today! Been out shopping (aching, swollen, big mistake!) And wel I'm just so glad I didn't have huge wet boobs without realizing. Would of been very embarrassing!! Lol xx

It's crazy isn't it!!! I thought it was me at first then happened when I was on the toilet. Wtf crossed my mind! Lol. Is it baby's bones cracking??

Alsooo is leaking boobies a sign labour is near? I didn't leak with jacob until about 12h after he was born, but I've Just had to shower as I've been leaking abit today! Been out shopping (aching, swollen, big mistake!) And wel I'm just so glad I didn't have huge wet boobs without realizing. Would of been very embarrassing!! Lol xx

I leaked on n off from about 20ish weeks so nope :(
Hope ur doing ok xxx

I leaked on n off from about 20ish weeks so nope :(
Hope ur doing ok xxx

Gutted. Was hoping it meant labour was coming lol.
Well due in 12 days now!
Not too bad thanks hun , just relaxing on sofa, tv on, feet up. :) x

Gutted. Was hoping it meant labour was coming lol.
Well due in 12 days now!
Not too bad thanks hun , just relaxing on sofa, tv on, feet up. :) x

Sorry :(

Ok this may sound a stupid question but what do you do with your babies on an average day? Do you play with them lots? They play on their own? Let them watch tv? X

I don't have a routine but we have certain things we do most days. Cole always has roughly 45 minutes to an hour on his play mat on his own, sometimes twice a day if we're having a day at home. I used to feel guilty but he needs to learn to play on his own and he's quite happy doing it. Plus he started getting a but clingy so it's good for him to have time on his own. I usually do it while I'm making my dinner or doing some washing so I can keep looking through the living room door to check on him.
I also do a bit of time with him on the floor getting him to roll etc or playing with his texture and noisy toys.

I usually judge the tv thing on how he is. If he starts getting a bit grumpy I'll put something on, either sport (!!!!) or he likes Disney Junior on Sky, he'll watch Jake or Mickey Mouses clubhouse. But he gets bored of the tv quick now. He also goes in his Jumperoo once or twice for ten minutes which he loves. He has two naps in his chair, one about 2 hours after he gets up and one about 3pm ish.

After his bath while I'm drying him I point out all his body parts to him and sing nursery rhymes so it's part of his routine. He probably doesn't even care that I do that but it's something I always do now.

Back