Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Spoken to MW and she thinks it's all systems go! Just got to wait for contractions to become more regular or the pain too much (that isn't far away!) and then call hospital! Eek!

:)) yay it's all happening xx

I think I'm in labour- had really strong intense pains since yesterday and they are really frequent this morning, the pain is a hell of a lot worse than what I've previously experienced so I'm guessing contractions.
Plus after having a small show on Saturday, I've had a big one this morning, in fact it looked like the last day of a period (brown coloured- sorry for tmi!)
MW is due round today so I'll ask her but I'm guessing I'll be in hospital soon eek!

Good luck hun! Yep, intense and painful - sounds like labour!! :D All the best hun xx

Any one get any advice on good high chairs, feeding bowls and feeding spoons???
i just got mine from asda. they were tommee tippee ones... spoons was these soft tip ones and also had some that changed colour if food was too hot which was fab!(not sure if they were tommee ones)
1.png

as for high chair. Get something simple!!
i got one like this for Jacob

11.png

Yes its fab to start with as cushion' and helps support him. But when it got to the feeding himself stage it was the worse high chair ever!!! You'd need to take the cover off to wash/wipe as got in the cracks. then the tray.. the part that goes near his belly had a lip/where the plastics connect from been made/connected together if you get me? Well food ALWAYS got stuck into that part as he would drop food etc. So id have to use a knife or some sort to scrap it out just to clean it!!

i wish i got a plain simple one from like these...
36000_PE126861_S5.JPG
This would only be a wipe down to be clean!! I am actually thinking of selling Jacobs old and and getting one like this, the hassle i had to keep the other clean was awful and could do without the hassle again!! lol.

Or it could of been that jacob was just such a messy eater to start with? lol.
It was fab for first few months though as so supportive and soft :/ xx

EDIT: i agree with the mesh food eater... Jacob LOVED this! I used to put alsorts in but his fav was bananas.x

I think I'm in labour- had really strong intense pains since yesterday and they are really frequent this morning, the pain is a hell of a lot worse than what I've previously experienced so I'm guessing contractions.
Plus after having a small show on Saturday, I've had a big one this morning, in fact it looked like the last day of a period (brown coloured- sorry for tmi!)
MW is due round today so I'll ask her but I'm guessing I'll be in hospital soon eek!
ohh good luck!!! yes the 'bloody show' i hope things kick off properly for you now :D

The pain is agonising... The contractions aren't overly frequent (about 15-20 mins apart) but my god are they painful :-/
Think I'll be going to hospital soon, I need some pain relief!

Oh no, you poor thing. It's all positive pain though... Baby won't be too long now :)
Yeh for the first time in my life, I don't actually mind the pain! X

Thanks everyone for high chair advice. I think one which is easy to wipe down is key then. Like the idea of the spoons that change colour when too hot too. Would quite like to get a high chair in the next couple of weeks so that Oliver gets used to it before we start weening x

Mines one of the padded ones like Jess mentioned. When we go out for food or a cuppa I've started putting Cole in a high chair with his toys so he can get used to it. They tend to use the wooden or plastic wipe clean ones in public places and he hates them, I have to pack him in with blanket so it's comfortable. But I'm sure he'll get used to them as he grows. Before we started weaning id bring him in the kitchen while I cooked or washed up and sit him in his chair for a bit with his toys and now he sits in it and eats fine :) xx

Mines one of the padded ones like Jess mentioned. When we go out for food or a cuppa I've started putting Cole in a high chair with his toys so he can get used to it. They tend to use the wooden or plastic wipe clean ones in public places and he hates them, I have to pack him in with blanket so it's comfortable. But I'm sure he'll get used to them as he grows. Before we started weaning id bring him in the kitchen while I cooked or washed up and sit him in his chair for a bit with his toys and now he sits in it and eats fine :) xx

That's what I was planning to do.

Quite like this one - http://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-joie-mimzy-snacker-highchair-ollie-owl/1639r6000/type-i/

We have a £20 m&p voucher so thought I'd look at theirs first. Like the one you got too. Lovely and colourful x

Good luck Dougal!

Thanks for the advice Jess, I'll bear this in mind when shopping for a high chair! X

Yeh for the first time in my life, I don't actually mind the pain! X

Awww its not nice is it x youll love a bit of gas and air xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Awww its not nice is it x youll love a bit of gas and air xx Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

It's pretty agonising! Yeh can't wait to get hold of some of the strong stuff- I can't see myself doing it without, given that I'm in tears with the pain now and I've got a long way to go! X

It's pretty agonising! Yeh can't wait to get hold of some of the strong stuff- I can't see myself doing it without, given that I'm in tears with the pain now and I've got a long way to go! X

Oh hun x

I wish I had someone tell me to do this, but just breathe hun. Really slowly. When the contractions got v intense/painful for me I panicked too much. I was tensing so much because I could feel one coming and I was scared of the pain (takes over your whole body doesnt it?) I should have just tried to breathe through them. If they are getting too much, why dont you get yourself to the hospital? Have a go on the gas and air and you will find it should take the edge off for a bit. Hope your ok xxx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

No problem about highchair advice...
i always thought big padded etc would be best. It was to start with until it became messy eating... Just nightmare to clean! x

Aww bless you, i cant wait to go into labour too.... If its that bad get to hospital! Have some G&A it should help take the edge off thing.
Like Jess said, i too (half way through my labour) got so tensed up and panicked with the contractions as it was going on for so long. As everyone says, breathe through them! Sounds stupid but does help xx

G&A is FAB!! Doesn't take the pain away, it just sends you off to a very nice place ;) x

My mum always described it as "riding a wave" x dont fight it, just give in and let your body go with it and "ride" that contraction... Of course I forgot this at 5am when I was in established labour lol. Unfortunately I was on my own at this point - John and mum had been called so were on their way to hospital, and the MWs left me! So no one helped me with the breathing.

Gas and air... Like sarah said, doesnt take pain away but makes you so out of it the pain seems as though its in the background... :) Your priority at that point is chatting away to the fairies lol.

Omg did any of you try and speak whilst in the midst of G&A?!?! I sounded like a bloke!!!! Lol xx

Lol it's making me laugh- I so want to try the gas and air now!
The pain is getting bad- I've just tried to have a nap, didn't do too bad except I got woken every 10 mins with the most agonising pains!
Just having a cuppa and will see how I am after that.
I've found moving around keeps them coming often, if I sit down they seem to vanish for longer.
X

Ooh exciting stuff Dougal. Hard as it is... Try relax as much as u can thru each contraction n as Jess said, breathe... I remembered this halfway thru each n it really helps. N the more u can relax the more effective the contraction
A hot shower running in ur lower back is AWESOME thru the contraction too. I was on a ball in the shower with J holding the shower on my lower back.
Gas n air done nothing for me but was good to have something to bite on
Nearly there hun.... Xxx

Back