Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Girls I need nappy advice. Cole is in size 3 Pampers during the day which are fine for him and never leak but look a bit tight now so I'll be moving him up to 4's when these ones run out. On a night he has size 4 active fit or baby dry ones but because he sleeps on his side he's started leaking with him sleeping for longer. I don't want to change him at his dream feed because it wakes him up. Would you go up to 4+ or 5 in the night? It's not the brand, Pampers are fine and far better than the others we've tried (better for us anyway) so thinking I may put him up a size and see if it helps?

I need to say this out loud... I want my relationship back :'( Its literally vanished, and has been replaced with arguments (daily), isolation, and different rules for each other (for some reason). :(

Aww Jess that's a shame. As others have said, is it worth sitting down with John and really discussing it? If you could get someone to have Amelia for a little while then you could really discuss it without worrying she will hear/see if things get a bit heated?
Obv we don't know the ins and outs, but as the others have said we are all here for you if you need to vent etc. it happens to is all!
I don't have a lot of advice but I know in the past if there have been issues I find it easier to write everything down. Literally everything that's bothering me/irritated me etc. then leave it an hr have a cup of tea, come back and read it and then I find i can pick out what's important such as I don't like your language when you've been drinking; it upsets me and what's baggage, such as you didn't buy me flowers for my birthday and I felt you should have done and it annoyed me.
It might help you work out what's really at the core of it and what are irritations which will definitely be making you more annoyed but aren't fundamentals.
Hope you feel bit better today. It is tough no question. Maybe things will be better once he gets his new job but if things need to be said there's no time like the present, you will only get more annoyed with time
Hugs xxx

Girls I need nappy advice. Cole is in size 3 Pampers during the day which are fine for him and never leak but look a bit tight now so I'll be moving him up to 4's when these ones run out. On a night he has size 4 active fit or baby dry ones but because he sleeps on his side he's started leaking with him sleeping for longer. I don't want to change him at his dream feed because it wakes him up. Would you go up to 4+ or 5 in the night? It's not the brand, Pampers are fine and far better than the others we've tried (better for us anyway) so thinking I may put him up a size and see if it helps?

I'd be interested in advice here. Although with Oliver I think it is just the fact he drinks so much that the nappies can't take any more liquid!!

I'd be interested in advice here. Although with Oliver I think it is just the fact he drinks so much that the nappies can't take any more liquid!!

That's my problem with Cole. I put his nappy on after the bath then he has a 7oz bottle then his 7oz dream feed so if he wakes up for another bottle in the night that's 21oz of milk being pee'd out into his nappy!!

Sorry hun. Can't help. É gets changed halfway tyru bedtime bottle n we've dropped the dream feed now. But even then she only got 3 r 4 oz of a dream feed so gave never had any leaks...
Can't believe Cole is already in size 4's!!! Don't nappies only go to size 5???

Sorry hun. Can't help. É gets changed halfway tyru bedtime bottle n we've dropped the dream feed now. But even then she only got 3 r 4 oz of a dream feed so gave never had any leaks... Can't believe Cole is already in size 4's!!! Don't nappies only go to size 5???

Oh I dunno, should he still be in smaller ones?? They just look really tight on him and if I fasten them looser the tabs don't go far enough round. I've not a clue what size they go up to. Blooming heck, I need to look into this stuff!

Sorry hun. Can't help. É gets changed halfway tyru bedtime bottle n we've dropped the dream feed now. But even then she only got 3 r 4 oz of a dream feed so gave never had any leaks... Can't believe Cole is already in size 4's!!! Don't nappies only go to size 5???

Oliver is in size 4s too!!

Girls, been reading the copied booklet the PHN gave me

Apparently breast fed babies are recommended to start weaning at 6 n formula fed from 17 weeks n almost established feeding by 6 months..
Wish this was explained better as I always thought all babies regardless of how they're fed were to start at 6 months

Girls, been reading the copied booklet the PHN gave me Apparently breast fed babies are recommended to start weaning at 6 n formula fed from 17 weeks n almost established feeding by 6 months.. Wish this was explained better as I always thought all babies regardless of how they're fed were to start at 6 months

Yep me too. Our HV didn't tell us anything at all about weaning. Not seen her since 11 weeks!! And won't be seeing her until 8-9 months.

I was told they recommend everyone to start at 6 months now if you can hold it off that long. You can only start early if they can hold their head unsupported and a few other things. Had to start Toby early as he was guzzling 4 or 5 9oz bottles but know other bottle fed babies who were quite content to wait until the 6 months.

Think really it is down to each individual baby x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Girls ruby is 5 weeks now and in between clothing sizes ..
All her newborn and first size stuff is too small on her legs and tummy but all her 0-3 stuff is huge ( mainly next )
Can anyone recommend a brand of 0-3 that won't drown her ??
Xx

Advice required I've been told I need fillings x2 and they had an appt 5 days before my due date or one late September so a few weeks after baby. I intend to breast feed but il need medication to numb the sites of drilling can I still breast feed?

Sammie I have the same problem I have found the 1 month size in asda pretty good. Mothercare 0-3 are not too bad on Ben but still a bit baggy and he's a whopper! Hope you are doing ok xxx

It's find to have local anaesthetic whilst breast feeding. Poor you though hate fillings xx

I do and I hate the cleaning my two teeth at front are reseeded abit so it hits nerves! ? I don't think I would settle knowing I was having it don't 5 days before proposed due date! And that's if everything remains ok i have my gtt test soon so hopefully all will be fine with that and then it's keeping pre eclampsia at bay! I feel such a wuss when it comes to the dentist ! One thing I did find bizarre was I have to think about a baby when booking appts ? I was like what will I do luckily oh is taking a annual leave day :) but life changes in all aspects and areas :) x

We had the same issue irrespective of what nappy brand we used! She went into 4+ a long time ago and is still in them now. They swamped her to begin with but we needed the extra absorbency. They go up to 44lb...? If I remember rightly? Anyhow she's 11months and 24lb and they still fit her fine. I would go up a size and if they are a bit big don't worry they will grow into them.
What we did do for a while though is use up the smaller ones in the day and the larger ones at night to use them up. X

We had the same issue irrespective of what nappy brand we used! She went into 4+ a long time ago and is still in them now. They swamped her to begin with but we needed the extra absorbency. They go up to 44lb...? If I remember rightly? Anyhow she's 11months and 24lb and they still fit her fine. I would go up a size and if they are a bit big don't worry they will grow into them. What we did do for a while though is use up the smaller ones in the day and the larger ones at night to use them up. X

That's what I've been doing at the minute. He's in 3's in the day and 4's at night. But I think he needs 4 in the day, they fit him fine size wise. It's like you said, it's the extra absorbency we need. Got just over half a big pack of 3's left so a good week or so left. Maybe I'm not as useless as I thought seeing as everyone else seems to be doing the same ;) x

Hi ladies. Loving this thread at the minute :)

I'm 13+5 with baby number 2.
Was just wondering what's everyone's thoughts/experiences with hair dye while pregnant?

I know 'they' say there's not enough chemicals etc to harm a baby and it's fine but I've also heard tales of colours coming out completely different in 'pregnant hair'...anyone had this?
My hair is naturally curly and quite porous. I normally dye it red so was thinking about a henna dye but then worry it'll be a case of all that mess for not much colour :/

I can't for the life of me remember if I dyed my hair the first time round.

Laura
X

Back