Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Hi ladies! Had my consultant appointment yesterday and gtt!! I felt awful for a student midwife tryin to take my blood it jus wasnt happenin!! A midwife had to do it all in the end. My arms are a right mess :( I am defo havin another csection so been told ill b booked in a week earlier eeekkk!! I dyed my hair this pregnancy I dint with lucas...I put a brown on and my hair has gone reddy orangy well a mess really lol!! Xx Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Eek glad I didn't dye my hair when I was pregnant :/
Good luck for results of GTT, do you get them soon?x

Hi ladies!

Had my consultant appointment yesterday and gtt!! I felt awful for a student midwife tryin to take my blood it jus wasnt happenin!! A midwife had to do it all in the end. My arms are a right mess :(
I am defo havin another csection so been told ill b booked in a week earlier eeekkk!!

I dyed my hair this pregnancy I dint with lucas...I put a brown on and my hair has gone reddy orangy well a mess really lol!!

Xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hmmmm, maybe I should get a brown dye and hope it turns out my usual red :D
Might resort to felt tipping my greys!

Ouch. Can't bear it when they can't get a needle in. I've been lucky with the 2 blood tests I've had so far but I still bruise like a peach and bleed quite a bit. X

I've just booked in for my whooping cough at 29+1 weeks :) I don't know why I'm smiling about it lol because it will hurt haha. Im having gtt day before consultant appt and told i would get them back at my appt so they have a quick turn around baring in my I work for the hospital I know results are back within a few hours so why they make people wait several days god knows x

I've had my hair coloured at hair dressers turned out fine he just said it needs less time than normal :) x

I was told I wud find out today if anything showed up... jus had t ring my hospital I realised they dint have my new number i only got friday!!! Bloody baby brain!!!!
Xx

Hmmmm, maybe I should get a brown dye and hope it turns out my usual red :D
Might resort to felt tipping my greys!

Ouch. Can't bear it when they can't get a needle in. I've been lucky with the 2 blood tests I've had so far but I still bruise like a peach and bleed quite a bit. X

Haha try it ;)

Everything normal ? X

Yeah I think if results are bad they would call, I found my results at next midwife app..

Yey to having section a week earlier! I'd love to know when my baby would be arriving!! Lol x

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Yeh everything normal! Woohoo!!

Yeh it is nice t no she will (should) be here on the 11th august
X

I had my glucose test last week, how comes everyone's had there so late x

Because your more likely to develop gestational diabetes in the 3rd tri so it's from 28 weeks

Having googled some it says from
24-28 weeks so I don't know now

I was tested for GD at 28 weeks as my Dad is diabetic. Next time they'll test me very early on in the pregnancy they said as I've more chance of developing it again as I had it with Cole. In my area it's 28 weeks x

I was tested for GD at 28 weeks as my Dad is diabetic. Next time they'll test me very early on in the pregnancy they said as I've more chance of developing it again as I had it with Cole. In my area it's 28 weeks x

I wasn't tested at all; think only bmi over 30 and some other criteria which makes people at risk. Funny thing is I was never weighed so how would they know if bmi was over or under 30?? Lol x

I wasn't tested at all; think only bmi over 30 and some other criteria which makes people at risk. Funny thing is I was never weighed so how would they know if bmi was over or under 30?? Lol x

In our area it's BMI over 30, family history or if you've had GD in a previous pregnancy. Midwife asked me what I weighed at my booking appt but never actually weighed me so I could have lied. Xx

In our area it's BMI over 30, family history or if you've had GD in a previous pregnancy. Midwife asked me what I weighed at my booking appt but never actually weighed me so I could have lied. Xx

Actually now you mention it I think she did ask me... My bmi was under 30 thankfully. It isn't now :(

Actually now you mention it I think she did ask me... My bmi was under 30 thankfully. It isn't now :(

Mine was because my Dad is diabetic. Just hope next time it's not too early on in my pregnancy because there's no way I could have kept that drink down when I was feeling crappy x

Back