Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

It was only bmi before getting pregnant. I didn't weigh myself during pregnancy. Absolute denial. My bmi would have rocketed though, x

Oh so bmi doesn't count really when your preg? I haven't been weighed since my 8 week appointment when I was 8.7 stone im gonna be so embarrassed when they do weigh me again :(

Oh so bmi doesn't count really when your preg? I haven't been weighed since my 8 week appointment when I was 8.7 stone im gonna be so embarrassed when they do weigh me again :(

I was weighed at my first app and then not again until my 36week app as they didn't need to know until then.x

Yeah it's usually if it's a family history they test you earlier if it's immediate family. Or if your bmi is higher than set amount.

I had it done but cannot remember how far I was :/

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

I was asked for my weight at booking appt but was never actually weighed at all during my pregnancy.
I know I put on 3.5 stone overall so I'll have to weigh myself at some point to see how much I've lost, esp after having a 9lbs 11oz baby!!!

Did anyone's babies experience constipation when introduced to formula ??
If so how did you deal with it ?
Xx

At each of my appt I've been asked my weight .. And asked if I would weigh if I did not know my weight. .. I'm a almost daily weigher so know my anyway .. Also my BMI is high

1oz cooled boiled water with 2 teaspoons of orange juice. That's what I was told. Used it once and seemed to help x

Is that fresh orange juice? Cole isn't constipated but with him weaning I'd like to be prepared x

Is that fresh orange juice? Cole isn't constipated but with him weaning I'd like to be prepared x

Yrs fresh orange. Oliver wasn't keen on the taste so perhaps do it half way through a feed.

Also re weening, I'm reading a book on it at the moment and it says to give protein of a night time to keep them full through the night. You may already be doing this but thought id mention it. X

Yrs fresh orange. Oliver wasn't keen on the taste so perhaps do it half way through a feed. Also re weening, I'm reading a book on it at the moment and it says to give protein of a night time to keep them full through the night. You may already be doing this but thought id mention it. X

I didn't know that, thanks :) At the minute he's having fruit for dinner and veg for tea so will look into some protein with tea x

Danni she's in Lidl size 2's. loads of room in them yet

LauraLoo, I wouldn't die my hair thru pregnancy. I kno they says it's ok now but I didn't wana take the chance.
I was blonde when I got my bfp so put in a brown herbal colour. Lasted a couple months not looking too bad but was very faded towards the end. It's a short time to have "not great" hair for the sake of taking no risks IMO

But yes, hormones are meant to cause a "usual colour" turn out differently. Same applies for other chemicals such as fake tans etc

Sarah, I'd complain as well. Toxic r not, it shouldn't happen with an infants toy x

Asda have rung me back and asked me to send in the toy and the clothes. I also contacted Little Tikes who say they'll respond in 24 hours - heard nothing and it's been over that now!

Currently putting Oliver to bed then need food myself but will take picture of pages in the book. Just thought if it helps Cole sleep longer then worth it x

That's fab, thank you :) I'm all about the sleep!!x

Wahh so much to catch up on! Nights are pants!

Congrats Dougal-must have missed that! How you feeling?

Gtt testing times vary from hops to Hosp. We do it around 25 weeks if you're at risk, and can test up to 35weeks if you show signs of it. After that you have to check your blood sugars for a week. The women's Hosp which is 3miles away test at 26-28 weeks. Our BMI cut off in Bham is above 35 as otherwise we would test everyone due to the nature of our population.....;)
If you had GDM before they will likely test around 16-18 weeks (again it varies) and then again at 25-28 weeks.

Re the protein thing at dinner, I read the opposite in a few books that suggested to try and give protein at lunch as it's harder to digest and can keep them up at night with a bad tummy...at least til they are older. Made sense to me and that what we did til she was about 8-9months, she had veg/fruit/mash etc at dinner. So odd how the advice is so different!! She will eat anything and everything at any time of the day now!

Wahh so much to catch up on! Nights are pants! Congrats Dougal-must have missed that! How you feeling? Gtt testing times vary from hops to Hosp. We do it around 25 weeks if you're at risk, and can test up to 35weeks if you show signs of it. After that you have to check your blood sugars for a week. The women's Hosp which is 3miles away test at 26-28 weeks. Our BMI cut off in Bham is above 35 as otherwise we would test everyone due to the nature of our population.....;) If you had GDM before they will likely test around 16-18 weeks (again it varies) and then again at 25-28 weeks. Re the protein thing at dinner, I read the opposite in a few books that suggested to try and give protein at lunch as it's harder to digest and can keep them up at night with a bad tummy...at least til they are older. Made sense to me and that what we did til she was about 8-9months, she had veg/fruit/mash etc at dinner. So odd how the advice is so different!! She will eat anything and everything at any time of the day now!

Gah, weaning is confusing!! X

Well this is what it says in annabel Karmel weening book. However given Susie has actually been through it I would perhaps take her advice.

Also posted a few pages about fruits and veg for the first stages of weening

Attachments

• image-2374809868.jpg
    image-2374809868.jpg
    471.7 KB · Views: 61
  • image-2210886253.jpg
    image-2210886253.jpg
    486.3 KB · Views: 69
  • image-2366607039.jpg
    image-2366607039.jpg
    514 KB · Views: 62
  • image-3673091867.jpg
    image-3673091867.jpg
    475.5 KB · Views: 60
  • image-3188170490.jpg
    image-3188170490.jpg
    510.7 KB · Views: 58
Must say I used to give meat at evening meal as if I didn't my sons didn't sleep as well

Its back to that what works for one doesn't for another! Try it and see. We gave her chicken one night and she had a bad tummy. Could have been coincidence but didn't do it again for a while.
It's good fun though. Especially now when we eat out she eats with us xx

Back