Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Don't water smell sweet? Can't remember exactly but know that mw said to bring San towel in if you think waters have leaked and they then smell it :(

Yep, they smell the pad to check :/ maybe worth going in to get them to check Jess x

Yeah they can trickle. I'd go in and get them to check. Put a clean pad on just before you go then You have something to show them. Exciting! Xx

Ladies who are weaning/intending to try soon, a few tips I was thinking of today....

Ice cube trays freeze veg really well, easy to get out, fruit not at all, especially if it's got dried fruit in like dates/apricots/prunes as they are much stickier and they don't pop out and you end up digging it out with a fork and them you have a pile of mush that's supposed to go in a freezer bag but ends up making a massive mess instead......so my tip is to get some of the Heinz custard pots (which are useful and tasty in themselves, as you can shove one In your bag with. A spoon and it doesn't need to be heated etc and neither are they too big).....BUT their massive bonus is they have a proper lid which stays on tight so I've saved them all and use them to put portions in rather that buy the expensive portion things in the weaning section of various shops.....they freeze well and are easy to clean so no food stuck in corners or anything like that.

Also the tommee tippee sippy cups are best cups I've found. She used to drown herself with them at first even though I helped, as they are free flow there is no control but although I bought some others that she had to suck or sort of bite on if that makes sense, she could never do it, so we persevered with the sippy cup and she has done it herself now for ages and she only gets a bit wet now if she isnt paying attention. Plus they are £1 each at Aldi at the moment.

Lastly, my advice would be don't delay moving onto lumps (am not talking huge lumps here but more mashed texture) and proper porridge, mince etc as the longer you leave it the harder it is to get them to change....my friend is struggling at the moment as her little boy is refusing to eat his food at nursery as they use proper pasta/meat/porridge/rice pudding so although it's not truly lumpy it does have texture. At home she made things really smooth for ages as he was a fussy eater but is now wishing she had persevered.....he's 10months now and the only thing he will eat at nursery is yoghurt and toast and jam that he sucks on and spits out what's left! So just a word of warning....:)

Thanks Susie, they're fab tips!!
I've found that Cole just chews his TT sippy cup so I got him a different one but he won't suck it so will persevere with the TT one :) x

Thanks Susie, they're fab tips!!
I've found that Cole just chews his TT sippy cup so I got him a different one but he won't suck it so will persevere with the TT one :) x

Yeah it does take time. We just had to keep helping and then she started holding the handles then all of a sudden one day she picked it up and drank it herself and has done since.

Yeah it does take time. We just had to keep helping and then she started holding the handles then all of a sudden one day she picked it up and drank it herself and has done since.

He just looks really shocked when the water comes out. Will definitely keep going with it x

Thanks Susie xx

My hair is everywhere! Is it normal for the post pregnancy hair loss to happen 3.5 months after??

Annoyed! Thought I'd escaped it! :p

i was losing hair for months after Jacob :(

Q girls... they say water is good remedy.. My feet & legs really hurt as they're so tight from swelling. Would you go in the hot tub? Its a big one i can stand at one side of and float in like mini pool, plus the temp is only set at 34'c so its not hot....
My mum suggested it but really not sure? would it help? x

Googling seems to say no I personally wouldn't would husband massage legs upwards it says something like that on google maybe it will help xx

I think they only say not to use hot tubs because the water is usually too hot. But if you're controlling the temperature then I reckon it'll just be like a nice warm bath x

Yeah that's what I thought too.. may see how I am tomorrow and may give a try.

I'd get him to massage but they're too sore to touch :( x

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

If you have no bubbles on you will be fine, it's the bubbles and jets that can cause problems.
Could you not get hubby to try just rubbing some cream in gently in upwards strokes (while you lie down) and then once some of the fluid has moved you might be able to tolerate a bit stronger massage?
Are you sure your bp and urine are still ok? Some ted stockings might help if the hops would give you some x

If you have no bubbles on you will be fine, it's the bubbles and jets that can cause problems.
Could you not get hubby to try just rubbing some cream in gently in upwards strokes (while you lie down) and then once some of the fluid has moved you might be able to tolerate a bit stronger massage?
Are you sure your bp and urine are still ok? Some ted stockings might help if the hops would give you some x

Thanks, I'm slightly better this morning after having my feet so high!
Yes I was checked on Sunday when I was in hospital, they said all was ok x

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Ladies who use baby wipes...

What ones do u use??
On Sunday with it being such a just day I decided to use wipes instead of cotton wool. Much quicker n far more convenient I guess... But... I used huggies pure wipes n they're so tough n kinda dry so felt I was dragging on her skin
It wasn't rough r anything n she didn't seem to notice... Was too busy tryna roll as she's discovered she can turn on her side n is 2/3 of the way to rolling over!!!!!! :mad: !!!

Are they all like that??
(If so ill b sticking with cotton wool....)

Ladies who use baby wipes...

What ones do u use??
On Sunday with it being such a just day I decided to use wipes instead of cotton wool. Much quicker n far more convenient I guess... But... I used huggies pure wipes n they're so tough n kinda dry so felt I was dragging on her skin
It wasn't rough r anything n she didn't seem to notice... Was too busy tryna roll as she's discovered she can turn on her side n is 2/3 of the way to rolling over!!!!!! :mad: !!!

Are they all like that??
(If so ill b sticking with cotton wool....)

I use Pampers sensitive hun, or Johnsons extra sensitive (Amelia is fine with both) been using them since she was about 1-2 weeks old. They are nice and soft :) x

Back