Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Ladies who use baby wipes... What ones do u use?? On Sunday with it being such a just day I decided to use wipes instead of cotton wool. Much quicker n far more convenient I guess... But... I used huggies pure wipes n they're so tough n kinda dry so felt I was dragging on her skin It wasn't rough r anything n she didn't seem to notice... Was too busy tryna roll as she's discovered she can turn on her side n is 2/3 of the way to rolling over!!!!!! :mad: !!! Are they all like that?? (If so ill b sticking with cotton wool....)

We use huggies pure and Waitrose own and so far no problems with either

I've always used Huggies pure. Johnson's products don't agree with me at all, even the sensitive ones make my skin feel tight and dry. The only Johnson's product I use on Cole is the talc.

I like the aldi ones as they are quite damp but have also used asda, sainsburys, pampers and a few others. Always tend to get the sensitive ones just in case. They are much easier it has to be said! I have got some flannel wipes as well that I use sometimes too which are good-they came with my reusable nappies x

The huggies pure have a different consistency to all the others I think they feel funny but they suit bens skin best so far xx

I'm anothe who use huggies pure. Pampers never agreed with Jacob, plus when wiping we always seemed to get poop on our fingers from them!

Il be sticking to the huggies for this baby too x

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

How many people were induced ? Was it painful ? Did you all need an epidural? I've been googling and it sounds like most people have one I really don't want one but will if I need it I just kinda wanted to avoid it :-/ x

How many people were induced ? Was it painful ? Did you all need an epidural? I've been googling and it sounds like most people have one I really don't want one but will if I need it I just kinda wanted to avoid it :-/ x

I was induced. I was dead against Epidurals but after 6 hours of full on contractions at max dose I was still only 1cm dilated (had been for days before) and was in agony so went for epidural. If I was induced again id go for epidural at the beginning because having to keep still during max contractions with no gas and air was awful! X

An heck il consider it then i hope by some magic power I go naturally from 38-40 so no induction required here's hoping lol curse you gestational diabetes x

I was induced (as you know). The pessaries and gel didn't work so they broke my waters and put me on the drip. They said I could have an epidural as soon as I'd felt a contraction because induction is apparently more painful than 'natural' labour. I think I only really asked for it early as I was so tired from a 6 day induction that I believed it'd help me sleep (not true, they made me do my bloods every hour on the hour!!). As soon as it went in Cole's heart rate dropped massively so I ended up asking them to turn it off but they left the line in just in case I changed my mind. I managed with just G&A from then on and it was only used for a spinal block when I needed forceps. I was in established labour for 7 hours though so wasn't too bad although I was having contractions for 22 hours ish. X

Next pregnancy il be a healthy bmi and il pray no gestational diabetes but then my dad's diabetic so it's still a risk xx spoke to clinic as nobody called they said someone would call me tomorrow to arrange appt for machine etc x

Yea I don't use johnsons anything on me n def not on Éabha...
I've only ever used warm water n cotton wool until the weekend. But with it getting warmer now it means boiling the kettle n playing with hot n cold water to get it right n it's a pain!!
Anyone use the water wipes???

Yea I don't use johnsons anything on me n def not on Éabha... I've only ever used warm water n cotton wool until the weekend. But with it getting warmer now it means boiling the kettle n playing with hot n cold water to get it right n it's a pain!! Anyone use the water wipes???

Yes I used water wipes to begin with. They were fine. Just expensive.

Do you only use cooled boiled water to clean? I've been using it straight from the tap. Should I not?

Yes I used water wipes to begin with. They were fine. Just expensive. Do you only use cooled boiled water to clean? I've been using it straight from the tap. Should I not?

I just used tap water, it never entered my head to boil the kettle x

I was induced and didn't have an epidural. I had pethidine and gas and air unfortunately after getting to 10 cm and pushing for 3 hours had to have an emergency section so had a spinal anaesthetic. I really didn't want an epidural and if I have another baby I will hopefully just do it with gas and air again xx

It's fine to just use tap water for cleaning bums xx

I was induced hun and I did have an epidural. I was induced on the 28th Feb and I was contracting constantly for 2 days before I was classed as being in established labour on 2nd March. By the time this happened, I was nackered. I hadn't slept or eaten for 2-3 days and I felt beyond exhausted. This was the reason I had the epidural. My body was in pain and nackered and I needed a rest. Had the previous 1-2 days been erased, I think I could have just survived with gas and air and a water birth but I was wrecked. I needed a break xx

Yes I used water wipes to begin with. They were fine. Just expensive.

Do you only use cooled boiled water to clean? I've been using it straight from the tap. Should I not?

No hun. I do now coz there's no hot water in the tap as we have to have the heating on to get hot water. Before I was just using the tap.
It's a pain in the bum waiting for the kettle to heat. Tho it didn't bother me til after Sunday n the handiness of wipes
Don't wana use huggies tho as they pull on her skin

Back