Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Sorry not sure Penny but didn't want to read and run! Can you add more milk to his purée and get it in that way? Or are you giving him water? Could maybe drop it and he might take more milk in one go x

Well I have been trying not to give him water because I want him to take the milk but he wouldn't take it and he was getting so hot and upset that I just gave him the water to hydrate him. He loves his water.

Yes I could put bit more milk in the purée but limit to how much because of it becoming to liquidy.

He is gaining weight so that's not a problem. Just me worrying!! Ha ha

Stevie reduced his milk I take v quickly once weaning started!! He only has 2 bottles as day now (both mad up to 8oz but he doesn't always finish them)
At weekends when he is with us he will often take a 3rd bottle in the afternoon - think that's more our habit tho.

To reduce milk in the night my HV told me to choose one feed (Stevie was up every 2 hours) and only give him water! That helped space feeding out for a while.

I'm sure u will recall (as I made a huge deal out of it) that Stevie was up often for the first 6 months if his life!!

Controlled crying was the only way!! :-( heart breaking as it is...might be worth thinking about!! May I add when we did controlled crying I wa literally at my wits end!! I was crying all night and dreading everything. Work didn't ever seen happy with me and I felt dead!! Ha xx

Stevie reduced his milk I take v quickly once weaning started!! He only has 2 bottles as day now (both mad up to 8oz but he doesn't always finish them) At weekends when he is with us he will often take a 3rd bottle in the afternoon - think that's more our habit tho. To reduce milk in the night my HV told me to choose one feed (Stevie was up every 2 hours) and only give him water! That helped space feeding out for a while. I'm sure u will recall (as I made a huge deal out of it) that Stevie was up often for the first 6 months if his life!! Controlled crying was the only way!! :-( heart breaking as it is...might be worth thinking about!! May I add when we did controlled crying I wa literally at my wits end!! I was crying all night and dreading everything. Work didn't ever seen happy with me and I felt dead!! Ha xx

I really don't want to go down the controlled crying route but we may have to if this doesn't improve. We give him a few more weeks because he is still in that 4 month sleep regression. Just hope things improve because like you I'm permanently shattered. I push myself to do stuff with Oliver everyday mainly because if I sit on the sofa at home, I may fall asleep!! X

Cole started dropping his just before we started weaning him. He got up to 8oz then started dropping it to 5-6oz. On average he now has 5-6oz with his breakfast (8am), 5-6oz with dinner (12pm), 5-6oz with tea (4pm) and 6-8oz before bed (7.30pm). If he gets up before 7am he'll ask for a bottle before his breakfast so we just give him 4oz to keep him happy until brekkie time to keep his mealtime routine. If he wakes in the night he has 4-6oz but that's very rare now and is usually about 4am. On an average day he has the 4 bottles and that's it but he's having three meals a day now plus the odd snack. Little fatty!!

Bella hasn't been as Intrested in her milk the last couple of days either - crying as she's hungry but only taking between 4-5oz and she only has 5 bottles a day.. It must be the heat mixed with teething :-/

She had her first solids today, creamy porridge :)

image-1715219706.jpg

Aw it has been hot hasn't it! Maybe thats what putting them off their milk. So much to be thinking of but ill start with my bag, how far in advanced should i pack my bag. Im 28 weeks now but have no idea what size il be to buy pjs etc x

Aw it has been hot hasn't it! Maybe thats what putting them off their milk. So much to be thinking of but ill start with my bag, how far in advanced should i pack my bag. Im 28 weeks now but have no idea what size il be to buy pjs etc x

I think I got stuff ready in a pile from about 30weeks but was packed at about 34weeks. Mostly anyhow. Re sizes of pjs, I would go a couple of sizes bigger than you used to be comfy in. I think I got a few sets that were 16-18, cheaply ones from tesco/asda but they washed well and were really comfy and I've saved them for next time! They were good for sleeping in towards the end as well. Xx

Help! Thomas has been screaming on and off all day, only stops when you give him bonjela and only for a few mins, but can't give him much.
Any tips?!

Help! Thomas has been screaming on and off all day, only stops when you give him bonjela and only for a few mins, but can't give him much. Any tips?!

A cold water soaked rag/cloth for him to chew so if it's his teething it can sooth?? X

A cold water soaked rag/cloth for him to chew so if it's his teething it can sooth?? X

Or rub an ice cube on your fingers to make them cold then rub it on his gums? X

Aww thanks, will keep in mind. Gave him some calpol and after 3 hours of screaming he's finally asleep!!

Yeah I was going to suggest calpol. You could try the end of a toothbrush? It's obv long and hard and he can move it to the sore bit xx have you got a Sophie? We found that really useful and it's washable xx

Thanks xx

Will look out for Sophie next time I'm at the shops, just googled and hadn't heard of it before x

I was wondering if Sophie was worth getting. Seemed a lot of money for a squeaky toys that looks like something a dog gets!! But if it's good for teething then I'm all over it!!

Cole won't have his Sophie, he just wangs it across the room. He's so bloody awkward. All the other babies want a dummy and a Sophie. Not this kid! ;)

What's everyone doing about keeping babys bedroom cool at night??

My monitor says it's 22*c in Stevie's room at the moment. We've got the window and doors to hallway etc open but it's not working!! :-( xx

It too says Jacobs room is 23'! He just has a vest and nappy on. His room door is open, which is next to bathroom and I have the window in bathroom open x

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Back