Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Lovely tummies!! Our bodies are amazing :) x

Hey ladies, did ur stretch marks come before u had ur babies? I can't see any just yet ( due next wk) or can they appear after? wear ur marks with pride, just a small price to pay for your beautiful babies :) xx

Hey ladies, did ur stretch marks come before u had ur babies? I can't see any just yet ( due next wk) or can they appear after? wear ur marks with pride, just a small price to pay for your beautiful babies :) xx

Mine started around...28 wks I think? Started off with 1 tiny one. Then didnt really get much worse until about 37 weeks where they came out of nowhere. I was 2 wks overdue too x

My baby was 9lb 8oz, huge placenta and lots of fluid so was inevitable really! X

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Mine didn't come till after but they may have been under my bump so I couldn't see. Not much point me taking a stretch mark pic with a belly covered in dressings lol I'm like a patchwork quilt!! Xxx

Mine started around...28 wks I think? Started off with 1 tiny one. Then didnt really get much worse until about 37 weeks where they came out of nowhere. I was 2 wks overdue too x My baby was 9lb 8oz, huge placenta and lots of fluid so was inevitable really! X Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I won't hold my breath just yet then lol. But like I say all part n parcel of being a mummy xx

I won't post n belly as its the same as it was prepregnancy. Just a ball of fat! :(
I didn't get any stretch marks at all. Not from being pregnant anyway lol
But totally agree with all has been said. Each one symbolises those beautiful babies ye grew in there... Xxx

I'd scare you away with mine Pmsl. X

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Mine started to appear around 25 weeks when my bump just exploded!
Plus my boy was 9lbs 11oz, huge placenta and 10 days overdue so I was expecting to have some stretch marks!
It's a reminder of my beautiful little boy so I don't mind and I'd gladly do it all over again :) x

Mine started to appear around 25 weeks when my bump just exploded! Plus my boy was 9lbs 11oz, huge placenta and 10 days overdue so I was expecting to have some stretch marks! It's a reminder of my beautiful little boy so I don't mind and I'd gladly do it all over again :) x

Yes I don't mind the stretch marks, it's the jelly belly I detest!!

Yes you're right, I have no objection to the stretch marks I just wish it didn't looks as floppy as it does! But I guess I am the only one who can remedy it! X

It's strange I didn't get any stretch marks on my belly but developed quite a few on my inner and outer thighs after having Ruby but she's worth a few marks as I'm sure you will all agree with your own babies.
I got the line on my tummy and it still hasn't disappeared that doesn't really bother me too much though.
As for the belly fat I think it is generally quite a stubborn area to improve .. I've been exercising a lot over the past 4 weeks and have noticed a big difference in my arms, legs and chest but my tummy is still looking very soft. I spoke to my personal trainer and she explained that it would come off slower than other areas and that it takes a while for the muscles to recover fully.
I'm personally finding it quite difficult accepting how my body has changed but when I look at my beautiful little girl It reminds me of what's important in life!
I'm sure we will all get to our goals eventually but for the time being whilst our babies are so young we should cut ourselves some slack and not put too much pressure on ourselves to lose weight. I have had a week of feeling down and depressed about my body but something clicked today and I just thought sod it I'm gonna stop worrying and enjoy every minute of being a mummy there's plenty of time to sort my body out so if takes a little longer than I'd hoped then that's ok.

Well sadly I already had the stretch marks before my babies were born as I was so large :/ but luckily this pregnancy they didn't get worse.. did with Jacob!
They do fade though, mine are like a silvery colour and don't stand out as much as they used to!
Buts everyone has said it's all worth it!! Xx

Do any of you have, or know anyone who has, a Silver Cross Surf pram? My sister has it and baby is due in the next 3 weeks. My nephew is 2 and wants to walk everywhere but gets tired so she was thinking of getting one of those buggy boards. They're £75 though so she's trying to find someone who's used one first to see if they're any good x

Do any of you have, or know anyone who has, a Silver Cross Surf pram? My sister has it and baby is due in the next 3 weeks. My nephew is 2 and wants to walk everywhere but gets tired so she was thinking of getting one of those buggy boards. They're £75 though so she's trying to find someone who's used one first to see if they're any good x

Can she not get one that's suitable for more than one pram? Be cheaper. (That's if she can, never bought one myself x )

Can she not get one that's suitable for more than one pram? Be cheaper. (That's if she can, never bought one myself x ) Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Silver cross are a pain, a lot of their stuff isn't compatible with anything else so you have to specifically buy their stuff. Like my pram, only a SC car seat would sit on the frame so I had to have SC whether I liked it or not. Luckily I wanted that car seat. X

Silver cross are a pain, a lot of their stuff isn't compatible with anything else so you have to specifically buy their stuff. Like my pram, only a SC car seat would sit on the frame so I had to have SC whether I liked it or not. Luckily I wanted that car seat. X

Ohh right. That's a pain! But about right as how else will they make their money! Lol. X

My sister has a silvercross freeway pram and has a buggy board for my 4 year old niece as she walks alot! I will find out the brand today and let you know - I'm pretty sure it was £35 x

My sister has a silvercross freeway pram and has a buggy board for my 4 year old niece as she walks alot! I will find out the brand today and let you know - I'm pretty sure it was £35 x

Thanks Hun :) mine is a linear freeway so think I'll be getting one when we have another baby x

Thanks Hun :) mine is a linear freeway so think I'll be getting one when we have another baby x

Mine too! Will also get one for next time. The buggy board is from lascal - there is fitting info on the website x

Mine too! Will also get one for next time. The buggy board is from lascal - there is fitting info on the website x

Thank you :) x

Back