Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Ohhh good luck!! Xx

Sent from my HTC One X using MiniMins

Ate the birthing balls just the normal gym balls? They have them for £7.50 in primark was wondering if its the same thing and worth getting one? X
Just make sure it's "anti burst" hun.... Don't wana be hitting the floor with pressure if it pops!!
Well I think I've been having contractions roughly ten mins apart from 2 this morning! Pains are bearable at the mo. xx
OMG... Exciting... Keep us posted Kerry xxx

Ooh good luck!!!x

Girls.... What are ur thoughts/ opinions on walkers??? Not sure whether r not to get one for Éabha... I keep having arguments in my head about them. I like them one minute n hate them the next... Help me out... Lol

We've got one but it's a bit too big for Cole at the minute. We've also got a different style one at my Dad's and he loves that one but can only go backwards so far. He tends to use it to stand rather than get about. He prefers his Jumperoo though but then again he uses that to stand too :)

We've got one but it's a bit too big for Cole at the minute. We've also got a different style one at my Dad's and he loves that one but can only go backwards so far. He tends to use it to stand rather than get about. He prefers his Jumperoo though but then again he uses that to stand too :)

Yea we have an activity centre for her... But tbh, she prefers laying on the floor than being in that... But it's handy for when am cooking. She can hav a nose n b safe...
Wish I cud borrow be n return it if she didn't like it lol

Good luck Kez, keeping my fingers crossed for you!
This time 5 weeks ago it was my turn! How scary! X

Thanks ladies, still ten mins apart. Phoned hospital n told me to go in when I have 3 in ten mins :-0 xx

Thanks ladies, still ten mins apart. Phoned hospital n told me to go in when I have 3 in ten mins :-0 xx
I was like that, I got told to go in when I couldn't bear it any longer- only lasted a few hours hehe! And when I went in, I was 6cms!
Good luck! X

Yea we have an activity centre for her... But tbh, she prefers laying on the floor than being in that... But it's handy for when am cooking. She can hav a nose n b safe... Wish I cud borrow be n return it if she didn't like it lol

Have you looked on gumtree? Things like that are nearly new as they dont keep them long, you could always remove the toys sometime detachable and just use some of your own if you dont feel its clean!

Im waiting for baby no1 but from a friends baby i prefer them to a jumper as she learnt to bounce and lost the natural action of walking and was delayed. This is obviously just one example, my niece has one and is fine. Or what about a bumbo? X

I was like that, I got told to go in when I couldn't bear it any longer- only lasted a few hours hehe! And when I went in, I was 6cms! Good luck! X

N how many mins apart were u when u went in? xx

Have you looked on gumtree? Things like that are nearly new as they dont keep them long, you could always remove the toys sometime detachable and just use some of your own if you dont feel its clean!

Im waiting for baby no1 but from a friends baby i prefer them to a jumper as she learnt to bounce and lost the natural action of walking and was delayed. This is obviously just one example, my niece has one and is fine. Or what about a bumbo? X

See some ppl say to delay walking as baby ends needing the security of it.... But then others say it helped baby walk earlier...
I know from nieces n nephews though, it really depends in the kid!
Take my nephews for example. Brothers. Both had a walker... First didnt walk il maybe 15 months ish... Second walked a week before his birthday...
Niece walked at about 16 months with one n other nephew didnt have one n bummed around til about 18 months...
This is why am so confused... I can see the pros and cons...

See some ppl say to delay walking as baby ends needing the security of it.... But then others say it helped baby walk earlier... I know from nieces n nephews though, it really depends in the kid! Take my nephews for example. Brothers. Both had a walker... First didnt walk il maybe 15 months ish... Second walked a week before his birthday... Niece walked at about 16 months with one n other nephew didnt have one n bummed around til about 18 months... This is why am so confused... I can see the pros and cons...

Apparently they say that about walkers as well which i never would have thought ! It may not even be down to them just their own natural development. Id def buy second hand or see if theres a friends you can borrow until you decide. X

Like you said Frances, it depends on the baby. By nephew had both a Jumperoo and a walker and he walked at 12-13 months. My friends baby had one of each and walked a month ago and he's not one until next week. But then another friends little one had both and didn't walk until 16 months and his twin brother was 14 months. I make sure if Cole has been in one or the other he has a play on his mat too so he has a lie down play.

Like you said Frances, it depends on the baby. By nephew had both a Jumperoo and a walker and he walked at 12-13 months. My friends baby had one of each and walked a month ago and he's not one until next week. But then another friends little one had both and didn't walk until 16 months and his twin brother was 14 months. I make sure if Cole has been in one or the other he has a play on his mat too so he has a lie down play.

Yea I really do believe it depends on the baby. More looking for mammys thoughts. Are they worth getting if she has her play centre n floor mays etc r just another "gadget"???

Yea I really do believe it depends on the baby. More looking for mammys thoughts. Are they worth getting if she has her play centre n floor mays etc r just another "gadget"???

We haven't got a walker or jumperoo, she wasn't keen on the door bouncer or I think I would have got a jumperoo they look ace! We got given a 'spaceship' as we call it-you know the round thing with a hole in the middle and toys etc around. She loves it and it's been so useful.

Back