Pregnancy and Baby Advice Thread: From Conception to Birth, and Beyond!

Hope your ok Nelly xx

Ladies I have a question...

For those of you who want baby no 2, or who have even gone on to have no 2...how do/did you feel about it?

This question is purely out of curiosity, but were there any "scary" feelings of guilt (probably the wrong word to use). The reason I ask is instantly after having Amelia, I missed being pregnant and wanted to almost conceive no 2 right there and then. It was overwhelming. (I dont think I had PND or anything, just occasionally felt sad I didnt have her in my tummy anymore).

Now Amelia is 17 wks old, that overwhelming feeling to be pregnant isnt here anymore, I've been thinking more "rationally" about no 2 and our plans to ttc next year...

I'm excited, but I also feel a little scared and anxious. I absolutely love love love my little girl, more than i thought I could ever love anyone...it sounds so stupid but...will I love no 2 just as much? Will I feel guilty I didnt leave it to just having Amelia on her own for a little longer? I look at her and I almost cant imagine having another child to love if that makes sense?! Thats not to say I only want 1 child, its just hard to imagine!

Did any of you who have had more than 1 baby have any worries before having 2, 3 and so on? X

Curious to know your thoughts xxx

I feel like this now bein pregnant wit baby no2. Lucas is 5 in november and I was different I dint want another when lucas was born then when lucas was about a year old I did then I dint then I did ect. In december when I found out my heart jus stopped I was so excited yet this feelin of guilt was unreal!!
Jus this very mornin I broke dwn and cried to my mum. Lucas cant wait t b a big brother but I have all this worries.. that I wont love baby no2 as much as lucas, that lucas will feel left out, lucas will feel like mummy amd daddy dnt love him as much ect. Feelin all this stuff I thought must make me a monster..
But I have realised from my mum friends with children that what I feel is soo natural and this made me feel so much better.

I always talk to lucas about his sister I always ask him if his excited ect. He has started pushin the push chair around for practice. He has helpped pick her name. He is buyin her a present for when she is here.
We have a present for lucas from his sister. When she is born lucas will b meetin her before my parents and the inlaws we want him t see her first.
I keep tellin him more than usual his my special boy and mummy n daddy love him lots ect.
(Im gettin teary typing this!!)

In 5 weeks we will b a family of 4 and im now begining to see itll b ok! I keep thinkin of Lucas and coz im havin a c section carl will b takin loads of time off and lucas and daddy have a list of things to do while off school!

What ur feelin is natural and t hear others feel like this is reassuring.
I still feel nervous but I no baby no2 will b loved as much and I no she has one hell of a big brother whose goin to look after her when shes born!! Xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Just packed mine, toiletries, Vaseline, cotton wool, socks, iv put some nappy bags in to thought they would do for dirty washing too. Snacks/ drinks, toothbrush for you and birth partner, iv put a towel in for me, scratch mitts, baby hat, your notes , hair band, yours and baby going home outfits. Or you can pack extras and ask for them to be brought in when needed or left in car xx

Thank u...can u believe I forgot a toothbrush!!!!!
Haha noted all these down
Thanks luv xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I know I'm extremely sad talking about Christmas in July but.....

What are you all planning on buying your LO's? With cole's birthday being 6 days after Christmas I need to think of both birthday and Christmas. Plus family will start asking us so we want to get together a list of things we want for him. We're planning on getting him some summer bits so that he's got them for when the weather is nice and want to get him things suitable for 1-2 years so they last him. So far we've got:

Smart trike (for his birthday)
Toddlers slide for the garden
A play tent
An aqua doodle (more because Mummy wants it!!)
Shape sorters
A crawl through tunnel

Plus we've already bought him a pack of those foam squares with pop out numbers in the middle.

We'll be setting a budget because I don't want to go overboard but we've got three sets of parents between us, he's got numerous aunties and uncles, great grandparents, great aunties and uncles and they'll all want to know what to get him so the list will mean no duplicate presents.

Any suggestions from you ladies with older children or what will you mummies with babies be buying? Xx

Hess I don't think u sound silly at all

I honestly don't think I have this much love to give another person. I never thought I had this much love to give to one person, never mind a second!!
We're ttc#2 at the moment. Hopefully wont b too long waiting this time but I am scared that Éabha will miss out a little... And also that she'll b a favourite...

Hess I don't think u sound silly at all I honestly don't think I have this much love to give another person. I never thought I had this much love to give to one person, never mind a second!! We're ttc#2 at the moment. Hopefully wont b too long waiting this time but I am scared that Éabha will miss out a little... And also that she'll b a favourite...

Are you actively ttc then Frances? How exciting......:D

I know I'm extremely sad talking about Christmas in July but..... What are you all planning on buying your LO's? With cole's birthday being 6 days after Christmas I need to think of both birthday and Christmas. Plus family will start asking us so we want to get together a list of things we want for him. We're planning on getting him some summer bits so that he's got them for when the weather is nice and want to get him things suitable for 1-2 years so they last him. So far we've got: Smart trike (for his birthday) Toddlers slide for the garden A play tent An aqua doodle (more because Mummy wants it!!) Shape sorters A crawl through tunnel Plus we've already bought him a pack of those foam squares with pop out numbers in the middle. We'll be setting a budget because I don't want to go overboard but we've got three sets of parents between us, he's got numerous aunties and uncles, great grandparents, great aunties and uncles and they'll all want to know what to get him so the list will mean no duplicate presents. Any suggestions from you ladies with older children or what will you mummies with babies be buying? Xx

Hi if you will have lots bought, what about a photo shoot from you , i know its not something he would pick but its something to keep forever for all of you, or money aside for a lovely day out /night away further on in the year why his birthday is so close to christmas? Or can you still get passes for soft play areas or would he get bored going all the time xx

Hi if you will have lots bought, what about a photo shoot from you , i know its not something he would pick but its something to keep forever for all of you, or money aside for a lovely day out /night away further on in the year why his birthday is so close to christmas? Or can you still get passes for soft play areas or would he get bored going all the time xx

We're going to have photos done soon, hopefully :) I'm trying to write the list so that our family know what to buy too as they'll all ask us what to get and I don't want to keep saying I don't know. Plus certain people aren't very good age-wise (my mum bought my nephew a sugar dummy at less than a year old and my Aunty bought Cole a princess dressing gown in age five when he was born!!) lol. I like the idea of a soft play pass, going to look into that. It means I can take him out on my days off and get some time with him without it costing loads. Thanks :) x

We're going to have photos done soon, hopefully :) I'm trying to write the list so that our family know what to buy too as they'll all ask us what to get and I don't want to keep saying I don't know. Plus certain people aren't very good age-wise (my mum bought my nephew a sugar dummy at less than a year old and my Aunty bought Cole a princess dressing gown in age five when he was born!!) lol. I like the idea of a soft play pass, going to look into that. It means I can take him out on my days off and get some time with him without it costing loads. Thanks :) x

Sounds like something my nan would do ha ha !!! Either that or ask for money for a bank account for him, my step daughter older but we usually get money for her birthday and put it away then in summer hols she can shop for new toys as her birthdays a few days after xmas .
My husbands asking for costco vouchers as he wants a new tv ha ha he said baby can watch it to !!!

Sounds like something my nan would do ha ha !!! Either that or ask for money for a bank account for him, my step daughter older but we usually get money for her birthday and put it away then in summer hols she can shop for new toys as her birthdays a few days after xmas . My husbands asking for costco vouchers as he wants a new tv ha ha he said baby can watch it to !!!

Haha love the new tv idea ;) these men aren't daft are they?!

Haven't thought about Christmas or birthday presents but like you we will get some summery bits even though Oliver won't use them for a fair few months after his bday. Guess we will get some sensory books, maybe a sandpit/water thing although that maybe a tad old for him, probably some cars and trucks for play on the floor, maybe some sort of musical play instruments, paints or similar crafts, plus the sorts of things you mentioned. I will also put any money we get in his bank account for savings.

The happyland stuff is great from early learning centre.

Congrats kez by the way! Love the name x

Aww has she had her baby?! Xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hey ladies, well I gave birth to my beautiful baby girl Mia at 6.45 this morning weighing 6.12oz. 3 days over due.

everything ran pretty smooth with the labour right up until pushing. Mia had the cord wrapped round her neck so every time I pushed her heart rate would drop. They then went on to try the suction cap ( bloody killed) no joy with that. Then went on to theatre as they thought they would have to perform a c- section. They went on to try the forceps which thankfully worked. c- section could have been tricky for me with having scar edesians ect with previous op. Poor little thing has a head shaped like a cone at the mo but that will obv go down. Here is my princess ..

Cant believe I missed this!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I love the name Mia! Thats on my list of names for no 2 ;) xx

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Congrats Hun :) x

Thanks guys, I am totally smitten with her. My world

Attachments

• image-3366071786.jpg
    image-3366071786.jpg
    350 KB · Views: 69
  • image-2411087767.jpg
    image-2411087767.jpg
    410 KB · Views: 67
  • image-4276066943.jpg
    image-4276066943.jpg